Thread: Found a stuck rope in Imlay

Found a stuck rope in Imlay

Found a joined segment of Canyon Pro DS (cut) in Imlay over the weekend. If this was yours please respond and/or PM me with the details. I'm really curious as to what happened (beyond - "the rope got stuck"). I would also be willing to coordinate getting the rope back to you, if you so desire.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

You are spending way too much time in Imlay this year :) Looks like you guys had another good trip.

I assume it's the same one we encountered Thursday and used as a guide line for our rappel in order to bypass that deeeep keeper. It worked nicely so we left it for others, but trash is trash!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

We stuck a rope in Imlay on June 12th. It wasn't a joined segment though. It was prob 20 feet. TBH, it was toward the end of the canyon and it twisted on the pull. We were to beat too ascend and try to salvage it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krampus View Post
    We stuck a rope in Imlay on June 12th. It wasn't a joined segment though. It was prob 20 feet. TBH, it was toward the end of the canyon and it twisted on the pull. We were to beat too ascend and try to salvage it.
    Nope, this is a different one.

Quote Originally Posted by Canyon Monkey View Post
    You are spending way too much time in Imlay this year :).
    Oxymoron!

Quote Originally Posted by burley View Post
    I assume it's the same one we encountered Thursday and used as a guide line for our rappel in order to bypass that deeeep keeper. It worked nicely so we left it for others, but trash is trash!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    That would be it. When you found it was the guide line deployed as we found it? Biner blocked to the anchor and hitched to the log jam. I started to attach to the line, then I thought better of it and rigged up a new potshot and tensioned line.

Well now...you've come a long way since those first few rappels in Mystery, eh Scott?
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

10. Likes dakotabelliston liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    Well now...you've come a long way since those first few rappels in Mystery, eh Scott?
    Hey Byron, good to hear from you. Mystery being our first canyon (4 yrs ago), it has been quite a ride since then.

Yeah, you and Elisha were all excited and bug-eyed. That was a fun one. Mystery is a great canyon to learn in...with experienced partners, of course. That was in Sept. of '14, so three years, not four. I read that and thought "No, not that fast!".

Now you're hauling yourself out of keepers! If you haven't done it already, check out Kolob Creek.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    That was in Sept. of '14, so three years, not four.
    Ah, good point. 4th year (season) would have been better stated. I sent you a PM so we can chat canyons and keep this topic related to the original post.