Thread: New Cascading Route

New Cascading Route

I have been looking for new potential routes in the Utah county area. After stumbling upon a potential candidate earlier this week we got some of the crew together and headed up the mountain. The approach involved sketchy traversing & technical rock climbing. In the end we were rewarded for our efforts. To my knowledge this is the 1st descent of the route. We had to place all our own anchors & had no beta. So incredible !!! Before we post any beta we want to improve the approach & complete the desired course. We ran short of time & webbing so we started our descent early. Video link is below

https://youtu.be/T3DlhYMJhmw

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries
    Sweet!

I’m thinking “upper falls” area? If that’s the area, I have seen ice climbers up but never a rappeller.

And good on ya for exploring. Cascading is awesome and close for us Northern Utah folks with very limited time.

Speaking of which, have you done Great White Icicle yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

4. Likes dakotabelliston liked this post
    Sweet

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

6. Likes dakotabelliston liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    Sweet!

I’m thinking “upper falls” area? If that’s the area, I have seen ice climbers up but never a rappeller.

And good on ya for exploring. Cascading is awesome and close for us Northern Utah folks with very limited time.

Speaking of which, have you done Great White Icicle yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Close to that area yes.

I've done the great white but I didn't think it was very good. This was much better & the heavy flow made it intense. Plus the sense of adventure & technical approach made it entertaining. Have you done Stewart Falls? Early season when the flow is good makes that route IMO one of the best routes in Utah.

Looked epic! Awesome to see another route in Northern Utah going up! I'm exited to see what Beta you post in the future. If you ever need help carrying ropes or other gear I would be happy to lend a hand!! I live in Salt Lake City, and its hard to get down south as much as I want.

9. Likes jman, dakotabelliston liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Studmonkey41 View Post
    Looked epic! Awesome to see another route in Northern Utah going up! I'm exited to see what Beta you post in the future. If you ever need help carrying ropes or other gear I would be happy to lend a hand!! I live in Salt Lake City, and its hard to get down south as much as I want.
    I usually carry the ropes so I can get in shape lol. This route we'd need to add a few bolts to improve the approach or get needed trad gear.

Your profile says you're a OT. Can I ask where you work?

Quote Originally Posted by dakotabelliston View Post
    I usually carry the ropes so I can get in shape lol. This route we'd need to add a few bolts to improve the approach or get needed trad gear.

Your profile says you're a OT. Can I ask where you work?

I work for the State of Utah, modifying assistive technology, doing adaptive driving evals, etc. I also do PRN for Aspen Ridge Home Health, but not so much any more. My work with the State takes me all over Utah from time to time, and that's actually how I started Canyoneering (Soloing) down in southern Utah. If you need, I have older trad gear (almost a full rack of cams) and a full set of nuts and a few hexes if you are looking for trad gear for the approach. Same offer applies if you want or need an extra man. No pressure, I've been Canyoneering for a few years and I'ts always nice to go with other people and learn a few new tricks.

12. Likes bhalvers2002, dakotabelliston liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Studmonkey41 View Post
    I work for the State of Utah, modifying assistive technology, doing adaptive driving evals, etc. I also do PRN for Aspen Ridge Home Health, but not so much any more. My work with the State takes me all over Utah from time to time, and that's actually how I started Canyoneering (Soloing) down in southern Utah. If you need, I have older trad gear (almost a full rack of cams) and a full set of nuts and a few hexes if you are looking for trad gear for the approach. Same offer applies if you want or need an extra man. No pressure, I've been Canyoneering for a few years and I'ts always nice to go with other people and learn a few new tricks.
    I ask because I'm a PTA. Currently working st the SLC veterans home.

Not sure when I'll be going up this route again, but if I do I'll surely message you 👍

I usually carry the ropes so I can get in shape lol.
    Dang. From hence forth you are invited to all my canyoneering trips.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

PS, have you done Lost Creek, a northern tributary to Provo Canyon? I've been up that canyon, but had to do some bypasses. If coming down, it might make a good direct line.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.