Thread: Reputable Mechanics in SLC area

Reputable Mechanics in SLC area

So the AC in my car went out, and I took it in to a place in Cedar City thinking it just needed a Freon recharge. They came back and reported that it was actually a temperature sensor that had gone bad and needed to be replaced.....for $300 bucks.

So I'm fishing for a second opinion.

Suggestions?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'd use an online quote system just to get an idea of how much it should cost:

https://www.yourmechanic.com/service...ch-replacement

I'd then shop around at places that get reputable reviews.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

4. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    I've used Miner's Auto Repair in Cedar City a couple of times when my daughter was going to SUU and found them to be honest and fair. I'd have no problem using them again.

If you want someone in SLC let me know. I have a shop in Draper and one in Sandy that I like depending on what needs to be fixed.

FWIW - Outside of a new engine or transmission the AC is often the most expensive item to fix, depending on what is wrong with it.

6. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    PS - $300 for a shop (or any professional business) to fix anything is pretty cheap. Add the cost of the part, the hourly shop rate, Federal taxes, State taxes, local taxes, social security, workmens comp, billing, overhead, insurance, yada, yada... And you are looking at big dollars fast.

8. Likes devo_stevo, rockgremlin liked this post
    I take most all my stuff to Pro Care Auto in St. George. Honest and fair everytime. And fast also. Wright Automotive in St. George is decent also.

10. Likes rockgremlin liked this post