Thread: Wi-Fi Extender

Wi-Fi Extender

I have a garage gym, but a lot of the times, my ipone or Google phone get disconnected to the network, and I can't get my music on spotify or other service, and I don't want the radio. What are the decent wifi extenders everyone here uses. I think the firewall on the house is what is causing this, as the router is in the middle of the house at the basement.

The router is Asus that works OK through the house. We use Vivint Internet ~ 50 mps up and down. I haven't seen any complaints from the family or from me for the most part. Any suggestions, or is it time to get a newer router. The Asus, is a couple years old. We had a Lynksys router, It had some good features, but it woudn't play nice with all the devices, so opted for the Asus that Vivint gave us. Any help from all the experts would be apreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

If it were me, I'd disable the wifi on your router and buy this:
    https://www.amazon.com/Ubiquiti-UniF...i+access+point
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo View Post
    If it were me, I'd disable the wifi on your router and buy this:
    https://www.amazon.com/Ubiquiti-UniF...i+access+point
    That looks pretty cool. Only a couple Q since, I guess you have one. Will this clog the router as all wireless traffic comes through this?

Does this have any of the facy settings to block internet at certain times, users sites etc?

If this goes 600 ft all the way around, that should be perfect for my house.

I use these in my home and at work. These Access Points can handle 100 connections at a time without trouble. They can be configured to cut off wireless on the schedule you'd like, individually per day of the week. I like them for their range, traffic handling, and functionality more than just the rich features.

I use these in my home and at work. These Access Points can handle 100 connections at a time without trouble. They can be configured to cut off wireless on the schedule you'd like, individually per day of the week. I like them for their range, traffic handling, and functionality more than just the rich features.
    Done. I'm getting it tonight. Tired of the wifi issues.

Had horrible WiFi on a zoom tonight. I need this access point to get better results.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

It will. If you wired connection works alright but your wifi isn't great, then this is what you need.

It will. If you wired connection works alright but your wifi isn't great, then this is what you need.
    It will be here tomorrow. Love Amazon Prime. How long do these take to set up? for a mid level tech head..

Not long but it is different than you are used to using:

You need to install software on a computer (from here https://www.ubnt.com/download/unifi) in order to set it up. After you set it up, it is pretty much set it and forget it and you can uninstall the application after that.

Hello,
    Can anyone suggest that is there any inefficient wifi protocol or algorithm responsible for the problem which states "even though the source is close and signal strength is good?"

Can't believe the difference on this. I now get 50 up and down from the ubi. I now need to move it upstairs and it will get even better.

@gholt - I'm glad you are happy.

14. Likes gholt liked this post
    Liked it so much, upgraded my router to the ubi USC gateway. Works great once I figured it out.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum