Thread: Canyoneering June 9-12

Canyoneering June 9-12

I have been working 7 days a week, but once June 5 hits, I will be out of work for a while. Can canyon get away June 9-12.

The Roost is getting hot by the, but I may be able to tolerate it a few days.

Fivemile Wash in Capitol Reef would be good.

Escalante is good in June if you can avoid the river as much as possible. Some ideas are Boulder Creek (and technical side slot), Ringtail, Bakers, Davis Gulch, Spencer/Metro, etc.

White Canyon area slots should be good in June.

Could even do Zion.

Maybe even West Canyon.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries
    I'll be in Zion that weekend. I got invited to lead some of my friends down Mystery on Friday. And Saturday we are thinking of Pine Creek as our group needs to be back in SLC that night.

We have not gotten the permit for Pine Creek yet, but I'll try to get a permit for 8-10 (last minute permit) and see what happens. If not, I'm game for dinner on Friday or possibly a late lunch (or early dinner) on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

So which one of these many options did you decide on? Depending on where you go I'd like to tag along possibly between the 9th - 11th.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Almost all of those canyons have been on my radar a while too. I still need a few days to know if I'm going to be free around then though.

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    I'll be in Zion that weekend. I got invited to lead some of my friends down Mystery on Friday. And Saturday we are thinking of Pine Creek as our group needs to be back in SLC that night.

We have not gotten the permit for Pine Creek yet, but I'll try to get a permit for 8-10 (last minute permit) and see what happens. If not, I'm game for dinner on Friday or possibly a late lunch (or early dinner) on Saturday.

Mystery. Hopefully the narrows flow gets down low enough to issue some permits for you. It has been closed for a while now

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2065toyota View Post
    Mystery. Hopefully the narrows flow gets down low enough to issue some permits for you. It has been closed for a while now
    I've been watching for about 3 months now.

Currently it's at 156 cfs and I suspect that it very well could be opened by memorial weekend...

●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

8. Likes 2065toyota liked this post
    Ya. I've been watching it also. Definitely will be close

So which one of these many options did you decide on?
    Still undecided, but have a few invites.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

A local friend wants to go somewhere not too far away, so we're just doing Professor Creek and Entrajo near Moab, plus a visit to Mill Creek. If anyone wants to they can join.

12. Likes dakotabelliston liked this post