Thread: Trump's Loose Lips with Russia

Trump's Loose Lips with Russia

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Loose Lips Sink Ships...

--

“Overnight we’ve seen more than [£5,000] bet on Trump to leave before the end of his first term, and we expect to see a lot more bet today, with his odds now shortening from evens into 5/6,” Katie Baylis, spokeswoman at Betfair
    PPB, +0.95%
    , said in a note Wednesday morning. That implies a 55% probability that the president will exit before his term ends.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump-impeachment-odds-increasingly-point-to-an-early-exit-2017-05-17

"The burden of rationalizing the steady stream of Trump blowups is a serious GOP problem...

...The reason the conservative base is sticking with Trump even as his White House mismanages a series of debilitating controversies isn’t hard to figure out. No matter what Trump does, says, or tweets, two factors always serve to mitigate any damage it might do him with his voters. The first is that in our bifurcated society, in which the nation is roughly divided between those who read, listen to, and watch one set of media and those who watch another, nothing that is reported by the Washington Post, the New York Times, NPR, CNN, or MSNBC is likely to influence conservatives. Most on the right assume, not without cause, that the liberal mainstream media is out to paint Trump in the worst possible light, even if what the president has done on any particular day isn’t all that terrible. They also understand that leaks from inside the government may be politically motivated."

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...-conservatives

Quote Originally Posted by hank moon View Post
    "The burden of rationalizing the steady stream of Trump blowups is a serious GOP problem...

...The reason the conservative base is sticking with Trump even as his White House mismanages a series of debilitating controversies isn’t hard to figure out. No matter what Trump does, says, or tweets, two factors always serve to mitigate any damage it might do him with his voters. The first is that in our bifurcated society, in which the nation is roughly divided between those who read, listen to, and watch one set of media and those who watch another, nothing that is reported by the Washington Post, the New York Times, NPR, CNN, or MSNBC is likely to influence conservatives. Most on the right assume, not without cause, that the liberal mainstream media is out to paint Trump in the worst possible light, even if what the president has done on any particular day isn’t all that terrible. They also understand that leaks from inside the government may be politically motivated."

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...-conservatives

Very well stated....and it's the main reason I NEVER watch the news. It's all lies, exaggerations, and grandstanding where objectivity is crucified for the sake of furthering an agenda.

I think Don Henley said (or sang) it best:

It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

This would be hysterically comical if it was not our country at stake.... Democrats and the left can do NOTHING, absolutely ZERO, other than throw a temper tantrum in the aisle for congress. They don't have the votes or horsepower to accomplish one single thing. Or as Obama said, elections have consequences.

9. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    This would be hysterically comical if it was not our country at stake.... Democrats and the left can do NOTHING, absolutely ZERO, other than throw a temper tantrum in the aisle for congress. They don't have the votes or horsepower to accomplish one single thing. Or as Obama said, elections have consequences.

I love your selective amnesia on how the GOP acted over the past 8 years. All we heard for 7 years was how Obamacare was the death of America and then they get all branches of government and they give us the shit sandwich that is trumpcare. (which won't pass the anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    I love your selective amnesia on how the GOP acted over the past 8 years.
    Apparently you can't read as I've already replied to basically this same bullshit and pretty much agreed with you.

Post #17 in this thread:
    http://www.bogley.com/forum/showthre...mp-fires-Comey

Anyhoo.... to make a long story short. Obama Care totally sucks, and Trump Care is no better. I really don't know how to dumb down my big boy words any more than that.

Or maybe you only do pictures.....

12. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Can you draw it in crayon for me?

14. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    Can you draw it in crayon for me?
    How about paint?
    Name:  TRUMPOSAURUS.JPG
Views: 288
Size:  42.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Very well stated....and it's the main reason I NEVER watch the news. It's all lies, exaggerations, and grandstanding where objectivity is crucified for the sake of furthering an agenda.

The Associated Press has bias problems and some notable competency problems, and, like any organization that does any substantive reporting, it makes errors. But it does not, for the most part, traffic in fiction. Neither does the New York Times. Neither does the Washington Post. Neither does the Wall Street Journal. All of those institutions have problems; even the best newspapers and magazines are snookered from time to time. We all remember the case of Stephen Glass, and more studious scholars of media fraud will remember the cases of Jayson Blair, Chris Newton, Janet Cooke, and others. The original New York Sun (not the much-missed and all-too-short-lived modern newspaper of that name) published a series of hoax articles in 1835 about life on the moon.

Television has a somewhat worse record. Dan Rather infamously attempted to derail the presidential campaign of George W. Bush by publishing a report, derived from fake documents, that Bush had been deficient in his military service, and that his superior officers had been pressured to cover up his shortcomings. This was the event that really launched modern blogging as we know it, as dozens of critics ranging from politicos to typography experts showed that Rather’s reporting was based on a fabrication, despite CBS News’s strident defense of his work. But it was not the first episode of its kind: Dateline NBC had previously used incendiary devices to rig a Chevrolet truck to explode in a story purporting to demonstrate its unsafe gas-tank design. There have been others.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...e-acknowledged

Currently the mainstream media is nothing but a joke and their reporting is pretty much dog shit and the public knows it. Lots of reasons for this, but probably the biggest is lack of money. They really can't compete with the internet for people's attention. I don't know a print news source in the country that is not losing readers by the thousands. But the media is not helping themselves with an approval rating that makes Trumps look stellar.

BOOM!!!

“I didn’t get elected to serve the Washington media or special interests, I got elected to serve the forgotten men and women of our country, and that’s what I’m doing.” - Donald Trump May 17, 2017

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

20. Likes DiscGo, Iceaxe, devo_stevo liked this post