Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How 'bout them Jazz!

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post

Not bad considering the Warriors are the 3rd best in the NBA right now.

Man, when the Jazz started the season they were mediocre, but ever since Gober returned they've been on a tear -- third best in the west. I'm impressed.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Gotta admit -- I wasn't even paying attention to the Jazz until Gobert returned from an injury a little while ago, and ever since then the Jazz have been on fire. Now I'm kind of excited to watch the playoffs. Although Utah kind of screwed themselves by losing to Portland last night. If they would've won they would've been the 3 seed, and their outlook would have been a lot more positive. As it is, they're the 5th seed, and they will be facing a very dangerous and talented Oklahoma City Thunder squad.

Here are the outcomes of all games vs. Oklahoma City this season:

December 23 at Home - LOSS, 103 - 89 (Gobert, Neto, and Exum did not play, and Hood and Joe Johnson were still with the Jazz).

December 20 at OKC - LOSS, 107 - 79 (Gobert, Neto, Mitchell, and Exum did not play, and Hood and Joe Johnson were still with the Jazz).

December 5 at OKC - LOSS, 100 - 94 (Joe Johnson, Hood, and Exum did not play, Mitchell had 31 points).

October 21 at Home - WIN, 96 - 87 (Hood and Exum did not play, Gobert had a double - double, and Mitchell only played 21 minutes).

I almost want to say throw out the past record with OKC as the Jazz are a different team since January.
    Life is Good

My ears are bleeding a little..... ^^^^
    Life is Good

7. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    1-1 baby coming back to salt lake city!!!!

9. Likes rockgremlin liked this post

Guy in the blue shirt looks pissed...haha

^^^Guy in blue shirt looks like Andy Richter!!!

So how long until one of the large market (rich) teams gets to pay to have Mitchell on their rooster?

Which is why I no longer follow the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    So how long until one of the large market (rich) teams gets to pay to have Mitchell on their rooster?

Which is why I no longer follow the NBA.
    Mitchell seems different. This team seems different. In the press conference last night they were joking and kidding with each like I have rarely seen in the NBA. They seem to genuinely like each other and like playing with each other. I never saw that with Gordon Hayward or Derron Williams. They always seemed to be aloof. I also think Mitchell and Coach Snyder have really connected. But, I may be wrong. I actually don't want anyone to leave of the top 7 players. I do think that the Jazz could get better with a better small forward and have Engles come off the bench - and I love watching and listening to Joe Engles. He is a glue guy on the team.

I so wish we would have been the three seed so that if we get past OKC we could have played Golden State. I think we could have beaten them. As it stands, if we beat OKC in this series we get Houston. Yikes....
    Life is Good

How 'bout them Jazz!

Nasty ankle breaker! Lol

All starters off the floor with two minutes left in a blowout. The Thunder got manhandled.

Another ego driven, star studded, up tempo team with home court advantage and is statistically favored to win falls to the lowly, boring Utah Jazz.

Happens all the time. I think the fact that Utah is devoid of flash works in their favor. They're frequently one of the most underrated teams in the NBA.

How 'bout them Jazz!

Who wins tonight and thoughts on this statement?

Russell Westbrook on Ricky Rubio: ‘I’m going to shut that s--- off next game’

How 'bout them Jazz!

This game has everything, including Mitt Romney taunting Westbrook lol

https://twitter.com/world_wide_wob/s...217641985?s=21

20. Likes rockgremlin, Scott Card liked this post

22. Likes Sandstone Addiction, Scott Card liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    But...but...they have Paul George, and Russell Westbrook....and Carmelo Anthony...how could this happen?!

OKC is officially toast. And the media is having a field day at their expense.

24. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Russell Westbrook has been fined $10,000 and assessed a technical foul for a confrontation with Rudy Gobert in Game 4. He will not face any further discipline.

Yep, Russell Westbrook is lucky there is grey area in the coming-off-the-bench rule since he was checking into the game.

I am looking forward to tonight's game! This series has been about as much fun as any I can remember.
    Life is Good

27. Likes accadacca, jman liked this post