Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How 'bout them Jazz!

How 'bout them Jazz!

Up 3-2 on the Clippers! This team is full of weapons. Joe Johnson and several Jazz players have ice in their veins.

Will they close them out on Friday?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Don't get your hopes up to high. The Jazz are famous dream crushers.

ESPN announcers - it's difficult to call a game when you've got Chris Paul's dick in your mouth.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    ESPN announcers - it's difficult to call a game when you've got Chris Paul's dick in your mouth.
    Yeah, good hell guys.

Crunch time, the Jazz in trouble.

That Neto guys is an idiot. This ain't church ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Don't get your hopes up to high. The Jazz are famous dream crushers.
    Well...they got through the 1st round!

How 'bout them Jazz!

Warriors preferred the Clippers: 'There's no nightlife in Utah'

Warriors' forward Matt Barnes told ESPN, "There's no nightlife in Utah."

Andre Igoudala said, "...in Utah, it can kind of lull you to sleep."

Kevin Durant added, "I'm sure it's probably clubs, but I've never been to one in Utah."

"Because you're in L.A., you're
    like, 'Man, this is just the vibe in L.A.' but in Utah, it can kind of lull you to sleep."

Remember that time the Jazz beat the Warriors in 5? Ten years ago, when the Jazz and Warriors met in the playoffs, Carlos Boozer was unstoppable and Baron Davis was the real deal. Take a look back at the 2007 Western Conference semifinals matchup between Golden State and Utah.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19293749&sf75456471=1

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Remember that time the Jazz beat the Warriors in 5? Ten years ago, when the Jazz and Warriors met in the playoffs, Carlos Boozer was unstoppable and Baron Davis was the real deal. Take a look back at the 2007 Western Conference semifinals matchup between Golden State and Utah.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19293749&sf75456471=1

Not this time. The Warriors are the real deal. The Jazz looked sluggish and shell shocked last night. Meanwhile Golden State looked like they were having a fun little game of pickup ball, driving at will and dunking it uncontested for most of the game.

Warriors in 5

Basketball is the sport I understand the best and that I love to watch, play, etc. Quinn Snyder is a great coach. I think for game two I am looking for what adjustments Quinn will make particularly to stop all the easy baskets. Where the Warriors switch so much it is really making it hard for the Jazz to get clean and in the flow open looks. The Jazz have been so good on defense this year but last night, not so much. But then again, the Warriors are so talented and creative that to game plan for them is difficult. Many teams, Clippers included, run the same sets over and over and you can game plan that. It would be a nightmare to game plan for Curry, Durrant, Thompson, and Green. There is very little predictability which requires the Jazz to play toe to toe with the Warriors. That is a tall order for the Jazz. I hope the Jazz get more physical with the Warriors in game 2, also. Win or lose, the Jazz exceeded my expectations this year and I am enjoying watching the playoffs.
    Life is Good

Agreed. The Jazz exceeded my expectations too. The Warriors just have too many weapons.

Oh yeah and btw, you can party in Salt Lake City. hahaha

Name:  ap_17123238910864.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  82.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post

Oh yeah and btw, you can party in Salt Lake City. hahaha
    I think the message to Barnes and Iguodala and everyone else needs to be that they are 100% correct. There are absolutely no parties, no booze, no girls, no music (except country and hymns), and that if you have tatoos you need to wear a turtleneck in Utah. Further, everything closes at 8:30 p.m. to allow us to prepare our warm milk and toast for bed time.

PEOPLE - Our backyard (mountains, canyons, desert) are getting crowded! Stop defending Utah, everyone!!! Los Angeles is far superior!

Signed,

A really boring guy who left LA
    Life is Good

15. Likes Sandstone Addiction, accadacca liked this post
    Bring out the brooms tonight.

I don't think the Jazz were very motivated to go play another game in Oakland - and who can blame them?

Time to resurrect this thread. I absolutely love this year's version of the Jazz. They are so fun to watch when they are clicking on offense and defense. Since they exceeded my expectations last year, they FAR exceeded my expectations this year and they haven't even sewn up a spot in the playoffs yet, although it looks very good for them. I don't think they will go very far but they will give a team or two nightmares. Who would have thought since loosing Hayward to the Celtics that they would have done anything this year, let alone be in the 4th seed if the playoffs were today. What blessing to have Hayward gone. I have never liked primadonnas. Hayward was never going to be that team leader they hoped he would. I actually think the chemistry on this year's team is much better than the past several years. GO JAZZ!
    Life is Good

20. Likes Sandstone Addiction, accadacca liked this post
    Have to agree. The Jazz are kicking ass and taking names this year. Excited for the playoffs.