Thread: What do you carry on your bike?

What do you carry on your bike?

I just bought this little frame bag for summer riding and short rides. I was able to get everything in (pry levers, tube, tools, chain link remover, CO2 cartridge, inflator) but the first aid kit. I put a few bandaids in a plastic bag and it fit.

During 10-15 miles loops I only bring a water bottle and want to stop carrying my camelback, which only has the basics in it. For longer rides I will need the camelback. It will be nice to always have some essentials though, just in case I forget to put them in my backpack.

I was riding the other day and got a hole in my tubeless tire, so luckily I had a tube and luckily a guy came along with some pry levers, because I forgot mine when I was using them in the garage.

What am I missing and what do you carry?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I think I've been caring to much. Always CamelBak, told extra time or to and told. Probable should carry first aid.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

That little pack is pretty nifty! But I wonder how it affects the handling of the bike...I presume on easier trails you wouldn't notice, but it might be a problem on the rough stuff.

I always ride with a small backpack with all the tools you have except I don't trust those CO2 things...I old school it with a quality mini pump. Also, I carry a very small quality Leatherman for the pliers, mostly.

Those are Allen keys you have there, right? Those are a must. Also, I never, ever ride without a spare tube, even though my bikes are tubeless. It'll get you home even if you shred a tire.

I don't trust water bags either...I've ridden (and hiked) with people that lost all their water and didn't even know it when the bite valve malfunctioned one way or another. So it's always a water bottle in the pack for me. Make sure you have some butterfly's in the first aid kit, as they'll pull a laceration together. Trust me, I know.

My pack is for biking, and everything fits...clothes, food, tools, etc. I'm so used to it that I hardly know it's there. But I've done many years of big, epic backpacks, so it feels like nothing. It looks like a big pack, but it's not...fits nice and tight.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

What do you carry on your bike?

Hopefully it won't affect handling much. My weight fluctuates 15-20lbs (winter to summer) and this doesn't weigh nearly that much. Hopefully adding a couple extra lbs in the front fork and it will be fine. Time will tell though.

Here's what I carry when I ride:

Oh, wait. I don't carry anything! Never mind!
    Are we there yet?

I did attach a frame pack on my fatbike though and carried an air pressure gauge, hand pump, multi-tool and small eye goggles (for descents) all winter long. I still didn't carry a tube (who would want to carry around a huge, heavy fatbike tube?). My tubeless setup was stellar with never an issue. The thing with fatbiking up AF Canyon was, I had to adjust air pressure A LOT.
    Are we there yet?

Fanny Pack. Seriously.

Dakine Hot Laps:

I carry a water bottle, multi-tool w/ chain breaker and CO2 cartridges (x2). Plenty of room for a small jacket and other stuff. I have a velcro strap on the back of my saddle rails that permanently has a spare tube and tire levers attached.

I use this exclusively on rides less that 90 minutes. Very nice to get the weight off the shoulders. I do keep thinking I need to put together a very minimalist first aid kit to stuff in here though....