Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Confederate Statues removed in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    It won't happen.

The reason some people are upset about the Confederate Monuments are that they were put up in a time period many decades after the Civil War. Many of them were put up as a counter symbol of the Civil Rights Movement, during the John Crow era. They aren't part of the Civil War history.

Of course it is likely that some of the people are probably protesting just to protest.
    I like to think that you're right about that, but quite honestly, I don't think that most of the people at the protests think about it that much. Human beings have strong leanings toward a herd mentality. All it takes is for a few like minded people to say "hey, that guy owned slaves and we built a giant monument to him. That's not right and it shouldn't be there." Then come the yeah-sayers and the others to join the fun, and suddenly you have a movement.

I do hope you're right, though and it doesn't happen there. That was one of the most impressive monuments that I've been to. Absolutely wonderful, and it would be a real shame to see it changed over something like that.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC View Post
    When he looses the alt-right he's done. After backwalking the Afghanistan situation...he's losing more and more ground every day...
    All I know is that as long as you liberals hate him, then Trump must be doing something right.

If you think his base will abandon him you are living in a fantasy, because as long as Trump continues to cause liberal heads to explode his base will stick with him.

The only ones predicting that Trumps base is crumbling is "Fake News", you know the guys I'm talking about, they are the same news media that predicated Trump stood a snowballs chance in hell of ever winning the Presidency.

#Bookmarked #MAGA #FakeNews

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    If you think his base will abandon him you are living in a fantasy, because as long as Trump continues to cause liberal heads to explode his base will stick with him.
    This is true. Trump himself alluded that he could shoot someone and people would still vote for him.

Personally, I don't think "making the liberals head explode" was part of the campaign promises.

The prominent Republican leaders only care about their own power and punishing the Democrat party, and the Democrats are the same toward the Republican party. Then people wonder why this country is so divided.

If this is your idea of winning and what is really good for this country, then you are mistaken.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...nistan-speech/

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...aign-promises/

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...dency-at-risk/

Bannon is on the loose!

Who cares what Breitbart thinks? I think you've taken the bait, Brian. If the liberal media says it's so, it's bullshit.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

8. Likes twotimer liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    Who cares what Breitbart thinks? I think you've taken the bait, Brian. If the liberal media says it's so, it's bullshit.
    Are you saying that Breibart is the liberal media?
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Seems at least fairly accurate and spot on in most cases (though I would make some adjustments):

Seems at least fairly accurate and spot on in most cases:
    Wow, they forgot to include the memes.

Are you saying that Breibart is the liberal media?
    No...sometimes I post things that require a little "reading between the lines".

Brieitbart doesn't speak for me, neither does Fox...But I do like Tucker Carlson and The Five. The mainstream liberal media will claim that they are the "voice" of the Trump supporters.

I know for a fact (some of my liberal clients) that CNN or MSNBC etc...don't speak for them, either.

NPR is a piece of shit, BTW.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Confederate Statues removed in New Orleans

Talk of renaming USC mascot’s horse sends people galloping to the internet in outrage

"A story Thursday in The Daily Trojan reported that a speaker at a USC rally called attention to the name of the mascot’s horse, Traveler, which is similar to the name of a horse ridden by Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee during the Civil War – Traveller. Saphia Jackson, co-director of the USC Black Student Assembly, told the crowd that white supremacy hits close to home in reference to the mascot’s horse, reported the USC newspaper."

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/college...#storylink=cpy

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Talk of renaming USC mascot’s horse sends people galloping to the internet in outrage

"A story Thursday in The Daily Trojan reported that a speaker at a USC rally called attention to the name of the mascot’s horse, Traveler, which is similar to the name of a horse ridden by Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee during the Civil War – Traveller. Saphia Jackson, co-director of the USC Black Student Assembly, told the crowd that white supremacy hits close to home in reference to the mascot’s horse, reported the USC newspaper."

Yay - outrage! The secret to MAGA.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post

Confederate Statues removed in New Orleans

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by hank moon View Post
    Wow, they forgot to include the memes.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

20. Likes rockgremlin, Iceaxe liked this post
    Trump himself alluded that he could shoot someone and people would still vote for him.
    I must have missed this direct quote from Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    I must have missed this direct quote from Trump.
    You must have.

http://www.snopes.com/donald-trump-f...venue-comment/

Video of him saying it...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...se-votes-video

Am I the only one to notice liberals are now out chasing the NFL unicorn?

What happened to the Russian unicorn and the Confederate unicorn?