Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Health Insurance

Health Insurance

I need to look into finding more affordable health insurance as my family is currently paying over $2000 a month and I've just been told it's going up 10% in June.

Anyhoo.... anyone have a good agent or any other recommendations? I'm open to just about anything as this is getting ridiculous.

I can set this up as either company or family.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I've heard some good things about this one and others like it, but not sure how they feel about "non-believers"

http://www.chministries.org/

Sean Hannity is always talking about a DR. that is doing something similar, but I can't recall the guys name.

I think this might be it:

http://www.bizjournals.com/wichita/n...s-program.html

4. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    Same boat 2200 per month. My wife and I research that heavily last fall and really did not come up with a good scenario to lower it. Raising the deductible substantially helps but not that much if we moved away from IHC we go to a higher rate coming back because we are grandfathered somewhat from the start of the Obamacare disaster. The Christian Ministry thing I know people that are using it and it seems to work but we weren't comfortable doing it. I'm open for suggestions but all I know is your bend over and take it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

“You know what, Americans have choices. And they’ve got to make a choice. And so maybe, rather than getting that new iPhone that they just love and they want to spend hundreds of dollars on, maybe they should invest in their own healthcare.”

- J. Chaffetz

Haven't you guys heard that healthcare.gov is the greatest !!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Could it get any worse? Ok it could, I was paying 800 per month in 09. Now 2200 with double the deductible I had in 09. I could buy a lot of cell phones for 2k a month.

Chaffetz is right, might not be politically correct but he's right.

11. Likes DiscGo, Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Obama care had to much forced fluff. Let people sign up for what they want. Solving the pre existing problem is the real Achilles heel.

Quote Originally Posted by hank moon View Post
    “You know what, Americans have choices. And they’ve got to make a choice. And so maybe, rather than getting that new iPhone that they just love and they want to spend hundreds of dollars on, maybe they should invest in their own healthcare.”

- J. Chaffetz
    While I agree with this statement in spirit, the fact that I can buy 3 iPhones for the cost of one months premium on my insurance kind of blows this out of the water in all reality. Imagine paying for 36 iPhones in a year. That's a lot of coin. An that doesn't include the deductibles or the cost to actually use the insurance.

Obamacare is doing exactly what it was designed to do. It's ruining the health insurance industry to the point where the people are going to start demanding a single payer system. It's about the only way out of this mess at this point. If you repeal Obamacare, things are not going to go back to the way they were. They can't. The only ideas that Washington is giving us are as bad or worse in many ways than what we've got now. I don't know where you go from here, but it's not pretty.

14. Likes diesel, hank moon, moab mark, oldno7 liked this post
    Trump's latest Tweet:

Name:  thealth.JPG
Views: 562
Size:  24.5 KB
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

I'm not sure if Trump could do worse then what we have now even if he trid.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I'm not sure if Trump could do worse then what we have now even if he trid.
    I'd like very much to believe you on this, but I'll admit, I'm skeptical. Wait and see, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo View Post
    I'd like very much to believe you on this, but I'll admit, I'm skeptical. Wait and see, I guess.
    Single payer is the only rational future. If anyone has the ability to accelerate its arrival, it's a non-pol like Trump. Still, I'm not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by hank moon View Post
    Single payer is the only rational future. If anyone has the ability to accelerate its arrival, it's a non-pol like Trump. Still, I'm not holding my breath.
    i'm afraid you are correct on this. The politicians have ruined health insurance. Now it's time to work on the actual health care industry so they can take that over too.

Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo View Post
    i'm afraid you are correct on this. The politicians have ruined health insurance. Now it's time to work on the actual health care industry so they can take that over too.
    In a so-called free society, the ultimate responsibility is with the people. Pols are bound to fail. Must we fail with them?

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=114045132
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health..._United_States

A great article explaining why insurance and pre existing conditions simply do not work. Explained simply with no politics. Please read!

https://thewriterinblack.com/2017/05...ng-conditions/

You might be better off buying catastrophic coverage and then self-insuring for the rest. Bank your current costs as your own insurance.

I've been looking into that. If going that route you can also open a health savings account, which is similar to an IRA and allows your money to grow tax free.

I've been looking into that. If going that route you can also open a health savings account, which is similar to an IRA and allows your money to grow tax free.
    Hopefully the rules do get changed for HSA's. The current rules are that if you don't use all the money in the current year, you lose it. It is good that the limits were expanded recently, but this is only useful if you know you have a major medical expense coming.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

25. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post