Thread: Video- 14 hogs down with thermal scope

Video- 14 hogs down with thermal scope

Started the night with a coyote shot from about 100 yds. Spun around for a few seconds and fell over. Bullet entered behind shoulder and exited front of shoulder. That video didn't record (forgot to enable video mode on the Reap-ir) but it did remind me to enable video on the scope which allowed me to get the next 14 confirmed hog kills from this sounder on video.
    Couple hours later driving/scanning I spotted "a couple" hogs.....
    equipment used: 12.5" ARP upper in 6.8 SPCII from Eric at Blackstone Arms. Reap-IR thermal scope from Cliff at Third Coast Thermal. Sig Sauer 762 titanium QD suppressor from Silencer Shop. Helmet mounted PVS-14.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes oldno7, Iceaxe liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Damn.... That looks like a lot of fun.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    That's a lot of piglets. Now that you recovered ~14, what did you do with them? Eradication sort of indicates burying them in a hole after shooting them. My folks live in Houston and I understand the issue with feral hogs, but TX does NOT make it easy for someone from out of state to come in and hunt them unless you know a massive private land owner.

Do you work for XL Ranch? Seems all of your YouTube videos are for XL Ranch..And your YouTube account is "WhenPigsDie"
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

7. Likes theblakester liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce View Post
    That's a lot of piglets. Now that you recovered ~14, what did you do with them? Eradication sort of indicates burying them in a hole after shooting them. My folks live in Houston and I understand the issue with feral hogs, but TX does NOT make it easy for someone from out of state to come in and hunt them unless you know a massive private land owner.

Do you work for XL Ranch? Seems all of your YouTube videos are for XL Ranch..And your YouTube account is "WhenPigsDie"
    I keep my freezer full, the landowners freezer full and his and my friends freezers full. Other than that I take the carcasses to the burn pile and donate them to the TBPS. They also make great coyote bait.
    You are right about tx being 99% privately owned so finding property to hunt isn't easy unless u want to pay a lot for a lease.
    I don't work for XL Ranch. It's about 600 acres. The landowner is retired and actually sold off a lot of what it used to be (cattle ranch). He only has a few horses and donkeys left. I work for CenterPoint Energy. This land owner took a chance on me after I promised him I could help him with his hog/coyote problem and not become more of a problem/liability for him than the hogs/coyotes/other hunters. I now have permission to hunt his neighbors place also and he doesn't allow other hunters on his place anymore (except his family). The landowner appreciates the "shoutout" when I mention his property in my videos. Some of my other videos include hunts from properties northeast of houston, southwest of houston, and north of Uvalde/south of rock springs. His place has been pretty productive lately and is less than an hour away so I haven't called/gone to the other places I also hunt bc I'm getting my fix on his place and he appreciates it so it's a win/win. And no other land owners that I know have reached out to me with a hog/coyote problem lately. There is a new place I might get on that's less than a half hour from my place here in the next couple weeks. It's also about 600 acres and they have so many hogs in that area that they do helicopter hunts over it sometimes. I'm excited to hopefully get on that one and earn that land owners trust/respect as well!.. (hopefully)...

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Nice! Before heading to OK last week for my pig hunt, I scoured for TX land owners that were looking for responsible hunters to help eradicate and the only thing I found was High Fenced ranches wanting ~$2000 to hunt for pigs!
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

10. Likes theblakester liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce View Post
    Nice! Before heading to OK last week for my pig hunt, I scoured for TX land owners that were looking for responsible hunters to help eradicate and the only thing I found was High Fenced ranches wanting ~$2000 to hunt for pigs!
    Feed stores might be a good place to ask around... The equipment I have has helped get my foot in the door also. Offering to help do some work on the property would prolly also be a good idea.

Video 14 hogs down with thermal scope

Thats a great video I wish we could hunt at night and use a thermal scope. Looks like a great time. Theres a LOT of pork running around there

13. Likes theblakester liked this post