Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: United Airlines shows how to make a PR crisis a total disaster

http://www.duffelblog.com/2017/04/pe...-remove-assad/

Pentagon Awards Contract To United Airlines To Forcibly Remove Assad

WASHINGTON — The Pentagon announced Tuesday it had awarded a sole-source contract to United Airlines for work related to the forcible removal of President Bashar al-Assad from Syria.

The contract, worth $2.1 billion, tasks the airline company with locating Assad, grabbing him from his seat in the presidential palace, and “dragging him out of Damascus by his arms.” The contract also notes that Assad should be “
    asked several times, politely
    to give up seat of power, though if he refuses, United workers should bloody his nose up a bit, according to the posting at FedBizOpps.

The award comes just days after President Donald Trump authorized the launch of cruise missiles at a Syrian air base, in response to Assad’s use of chemical weapons. Two Navy ships launched 59 Tomahawk missiles into Syria, which destroyed roughly 20% of its operational aircraft and a Green Beans Coffee shop being used by the Russian army.

Soon after the strikes, some in the Trump White House began calling for regime change in Syria. Nikki Haley, the US ambassador to the United Nations, told reporters that peace in Syria “could not be achieved” with Assad remaining in power.

Though US military officials have struggled in recent months with a plan for removing Assad, United Airlines cleared its final hurdle for the military’s request for proposal on Monday, when it ordered police officers to forcibly remove a passenger from a flight that was overbooked.

Monday’s test run was “more successful than we could have hoped,” said Charlie Hobart, a spokesman for United.

United will be sending one of its aircraft to Damascus sometime next week, where it will land and carry out the plan called for in the contract.

It’s not yet clear whether United employees will actually carry out the forcible removal of Assad. One source said it’s possible the company may subcontract that portion of the work requirement to the Chicago Police Department.

Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. Likes Rob L, devo_stevo, Sombeech, rockgremlin liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    Even a one percent drop in the stock price is a loss of more than $200 million.
    Well yeah, but that type of money exchanges hands for EVERY stock on a daily basis.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

6. Likes savanna3313 liked this post
    Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Ok......I'll play.

Never regret anything that made you smile!

8. Likes Sombeech, jman, accadacca, oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313 View Post
    Ok......I'll play.

Haha, nice

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

11. Likes Sombeech liked this post

United Airlines shows how to make a PR crisis a total disaster

Email I received from United:

Dear Mr Patterson,

Each flight you take with us represents an important promise we make to you, our customer. It's not simply that we make sure you reach your destination safely and on time, but also that you will be treated with the highest level of service and the deepest sense of dignity and respect.

Earlier this month, we broke that trust when a passenger was forcibly removed from one of our planes. We can never say we are sorry enough for what occurred, but we also know meaningful actions will speak louder than words.

For the past several weeks, we have been urgently working to answer two questions: How did this happen, and how can we do our best to ensure this never happens again?

It happened because our corporate policies were placed ahead of our shared values. Our procedures got in the way of our employees doing what they know is right.

Fixing that problem starts now with changing how we fly, serve and respect our customers. This is a turning point for all of us here at United – and as CEO, it's my responsibility to make sure that we learn from this experience and redouble our efforts to put our customers at the center of everything we do.

That’s why we announced that we will no longer ask law enforcement to remove customers from a flight and customers will not be required to give up their seat once on board – except in matters of safety or security.

We also know that despite our best efforts, when things don’t go the way they should, we need to be there for you to make things right. There are several new ways we’re going to do just that.

We will increase incentives for voluntary rebooking up to $10,000 and will be eliminating the red tape on permanently lost bags with a new "no-questions-asked" $1,500 reimbursement policy. We will also be rolling out a new app for our employees that will enable them to provide on-the-spot goodwill gestures in the form of miles, travel credit and other amenities when your experience with us misses the mark. You can learn more about these commitments and many other changes at hub.united.com.

While these actions are important, I have found myself reflecting more broadly on the role we play and the responsibilities we have to you and the communities we serve.

I believe we must go further in redefining what United's corporate citizenship looks like in our society. You can and ought to expect more from us, and we intend to live up to those higher expectations in the way we embody social responsibility and civic leadership everywhere we operate. I hope you will see that pledge express itself in our actions going forward, of which these initial, though important, changes are merely a first step.

Our goal should be nothing less than to make you truly proud to say, "I fly United."

Ultimately, the measure of our success is your satisfaction and the past several weeks have moved us to go further than ever before in elevating your experience with us. I know our 87,000 employees have taken this message to heart, and they are as energized as ever to fulfill our promise to serve you better with each flight and earn the trust you’ve given us.

We are working harder than ever for the privilege to serve you and I know we will be stronger, better and the customer-focused airline you expect and deserve.

With Great Gratitude,
    Oscar Munoz
    Oscar Munoz
    CEO
    United Airlines
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

^^^ That's pretty impressive. United could have easily just walked away and did nothing.

Heck, at this point I'll choose to fly United and HOPE to get bumped. I could use ten grand.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    ^^^ That's pretty impressive. United could have easily just walked away and did nothing.

Heck, at this point I'll choose to fly United and HOPE to get bumped. I could use ten grand.
    Next up: "Gladiator Aisle" - a reality show featuring passengers battling to claim the bump prize.

16. Likes rockgremlin, devo_stevo liked this post
    It says up to $10,000. It probably won't be that high very often.

Some PR director just earned their pay. Nice letter...