Thread: Slot Machine's West group lost contact need info.

Slot Machine's West group lost contact need info.

We were able to make contact thank you all!!!
    I could fall off that and live.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Deanpaul Russell called me a few days ago asking for info on West Canyon. I facebook messaged him to see if he is in that group. Hopefully there is a response? If not, it may be the same group?

Do you know when they were due back? Maybe SPOT won't pick up in the slots or even deep in that canyon?
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

How about an update?

Content Provider Emeritus ratagonia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    How about an update?
    I am receiving Spot locations from Deanpaul in the area on a regular basis (the last two days).

Tom

6. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    What's the back story here? Are we missing one of our own?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

All is well. I finally got some gps locations from slot machine today. His last ping showed low battery so if anyone feels like they want to post "all is good" messages from the group from their gps people feel free.

Backstory= They are on a gnarly trip and I lost contact for over 30 hours. last gps ping I received was them going into a gnarly slot. There were thunderstorms rolling in and it looked bad from my perspective on Monday. Monday evening I eventually got an update from Eric Bernhofs GF. He sent her a message asking for weather info. They skipped monday due to the weather that got me nervous.

If Dean Paul also has a spot, we have 3 gps tracking devices on that trip. I posted this to see if there was anyone else whom had contact. Just got nervous as it's a very difficult place to get to. Spots don't transmit when in canyon so you can see the issue when you don't get a ping even after they exit. Makes it look like they are trapped in canyon.

Moral of the story: Spot devices suck, and if you use them make sure your diligent about getting out in the open to send a GPS ping or "we're ok message" or else you might have a SAR helicopter land at your campsite. Especially if it's me your having watch your progress.

9. Likes Iceaxe, jman liked this post