Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Utah Basketball--Runnin' Utes 2017-18

What an incredible game! Utes and Barefield for the win!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Utah Basketball--Runnin' Utes 2017-18

Big win! Fun game to watch. I thought it was over when ASU took the lead back. They stole the momentum, but Utah hit some big shots.

If the Runnin Utes can continue to play like they did last night, the remaining season is going to be fun.

Name:  700530698.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  61.9 KB

Name:  700530718.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  88.2 KB

Name:  700530720.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  49.3 KB

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...ona-State.html

ESPN Basketball Power Rankings give the Runnin Utes a 12.3% chance of winning today....

Wildcats: 75

Runnin Utes: 63

Tough one point loss today. They played tough and almost got it done.

——

Toronto ‘Utes’ Jakob Poeltl, Delon Wright won’t stop repping the U.

“Wright, Poeltl and Los Angeles Lakers rookie Kyle Kuzma helped Utah become the only Pac-12 school to produce a NBA first-round pick in each of the last three seasons.“

“You look at his program, he gets guys ready for the NBA,” Casey added. “I’m a Kentucky man, through and through, so I’m not trying to throw accolades at another team, but he does a great job of coaching his kids so his kids were ready. They understood the nuances of the game when they came into our program so they had a head start by playing for Larry.”

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...ing-the-U.html

7. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Despite the heartbreaking loss, I'm very pleased with the way the Runnin Utes played. They played as a team, never gave up, low turnover rate and didn't seem intimidated at all by the crowd or by being down 13.

Excited for the rest of the season.

Name:  700531302.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  91.3 KB

Name:  700531292.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  58.1 KB

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...n-Arizona.html

Big game tonight in Boulder. Utes have been playing the best basketball of the whole season.

Runnin Utes: 76

Buffs: 71

Sad news. Loved seeing the Runnin Utes starters, after getting chest bumps and high fives from the team during introductions, go over and shake Jon Huntsman's hand. He will be missed.

Name:  26542090.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  77.3 KB

Jon Huntsman Sr., philanthropist and global business mogul, dies at 80

SALT LAKE CITY — Utah businessman, billionaire and philanthropist Jon Huntsman Sr. died Friday at age 80, according to his assistant Pam Bailey.

Huntsman Sr. left his mark on the business world with the global company Huntsman Corporation, now headed by his son Peter Huntsman. Huntsman Sr. was involved with the invention of the first plastic foam egg carton and also founded Huntsman Container Corporation that was made famous by creating the McDonald's clamshell containers.

Huntsman Sr. was the father of Jon Huntsman, Jr., former governor of Utah, 2012 Republican Party presidential hopeful and current U.S. Ambassador to Russia. Huntsman Sr. and his wife Karen have nine children.

Early in his career, Huntsman Sr. purchased businesses with money borrowed through Huntsman Chemical, founded in 1982, according to Forbes. He eventually purchased 34 companies, including the $1.06 billion purchase of Texaco's petrochemicals operation in 1994.

His real-time net worth was $1.21 billion, Forbes said.

The billionaire philanthropist battled a painful inflammatory disorder called polymyalgia rheumatica. He also survived four bouts of cancer. Huntsman Sr.'s mother, father and stepmother each died from cancer.
    Those ordeals led him to found the Huntsman Cancer Institute and secure lucrative donation funds to that center through the Huntsman Cancer Foundation. His goal was to completely eradicate the disease.
    Huntsman Sr. and his wife were known for being charitable. In 2016, the couple gave away $137 million, landing them the No. 21 spot on Forbes’ top givers list that year.

During his lifetime, Huntsman Sr. and his family have given away at least $1.4 billion, according to the Deseret News.

Though he gave away billions later in life, Huntsman Sr. said he grew up in a poor household.

“I never forget those times, and they leave certain scars in your memory bank and in your heart that you don’t want others to replicate,” he told the Deseret News at the time.

In December 1988, a 6.9-magnitude earthquake killed 25,000 people in northwestern Armenia. Huntsman Sr. stepped in to help the damaged nation after the quake flattened buildings in a large part of the country. His assistance continued in Armenia over the years. He already had a company in Moscow before the earthquake hit, so it was easy for him to help the Armenians.

“From the ruins of devastation, they began to rebuild. It captured my heart … to where I said, ‘I have to help these people. I have to be part of it,’” Huntsman told the Deseret News in 2013.

Since the earthquake, the Huntsman family has visited the country more than 46 times. They have also given more than $53 million to the country through their humanitarian service. The family’s money went toward repairing buildings that were leveled after the quake.

Armenians awarded Huntsman with two medals of honor and granted him citizenship.

Huntsman cared for those around him in ways big and small, and took time for things that mattered most.
    Once, a local elementary school class wrote letters to Huntsman Sr., requesting that he meet with them. The business mogul invited the class up for what was supposed to be a 10-minute conversation. Instead, he spoke to the 5th graders at length, while his next appointment, then-Salt Lake City Mayor Deedee Corradini, waited.

In a 2014 autobiography, Huntsman Sr.opened up about two traumatic events during his life: The 1987 kidnapping of his son and the 2010 death of his daughter, Kathleen Ann Huntsman.

In December 1987, then-teenager James Huntsman, along with a Highland High School student, was grabbed by a fellow student, handcuffed, blindfolded and then placed in a vehicle, according to the Deseret News.

A $1 million ransom demand was placed to the family, and the call eventually traced to a grocery store, where federal agents converged.

When his daughter, Kathleen Ann Huntsman, died in 2010, Huntsman Sr. wrote in the autobiography that he was responsible for shutting off the resuscitator to take his daughter off a life-support system. She had had a cardiac arrest and was in a coma.

"My children say I have not been the same since her passing," he wrote in the book. "The grief over her loss continues to paralyze me when I dwell on it."

Huntsman Sr. also served as an Area Seventy for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from 1996 to 2011.

In an emailed statement, the First Presidency of the Church said they grieved with the Huntsman family.
    "We honor Jon as a cherished husband, father and friend, esteemed as a leader for his exceptional capacity, commitment, philanthropy and service throughout the world," the First Presidency said in a statement. "We express our love to Karen, to their children and family. Jon's legacy of faithful leadership, generosity and goodness stands as a beacon for the entire Huntsman family and many others throughout the world.”

In a statement, Utah Sen. Orrin Hatch called Huntsman Sr. "a committed public servant, a visionary businessman, and perhaps the greatest philanthropist our state has ever known."
    "Utah has lost a lion today," Hatch said.

Funeral plans for Huntsman Sr. have not yet been announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandstone Addiction View Post
    Big game tonight in Boulder. Utes have been playing the best basketball of the whole season.

Runnin Utes: 76

Buffs: 71
    Solid first half. The second half is not going so well..

Both teams shot the ball horribly, but the Runnin Utes were just a little more horrible.

35% FG just ain't gonna get it done.

I went to the Salem Hills game last nigh, so I had to watch it late...shoulda went to bed after the first half.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The Runnin Utes are on a roll, beat up on Stanford and destroyed the Golden Bears.

'98 Final Four team was in the house for the 20 year anniversary. Really cool.

Name:  700536301.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  76.2 KB

Big game today. Runnin Utes need to win this one. Brought the whole fam to this one. Had to drag my two Cougar fans, but we are all here.

GO UTES!

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

Full day of hoops for us. Just watched the Salem Hills girls beat Hurricane for the State Championship and then stayed to watch the Salem Hills boys beat Juan Diego for the State 4A championship.

Hope the winning streak continues with the Utes.

Runnin Utes 83

Buffs 72

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

Utes get a much needed bye in the first round of the tourney. Hopefully that's enough time for Collette's ankle to fully recover.

Name:  utes.JPG
Views: 255
Size:  71.2 KB
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

This might be the first time I've ever said this, but GO Cougs!

Larry Krystkowiak named Pac-12 Coach of the Year by media

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/utah-u...year-by-media/

19. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    We got the ducks tonight. Who will win?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    We got the ducks tonight. Who will win?
    I want to say the Utes will win cuz the Ducks suck so bad, but the last time I said that phrase, the Utes lost to Oregon when Carrington caught a hail Mary in the end zone two years ago.

...and Utah chokes to Oregon in the final 60 seconds once again. Classic Utah. Get a big lead then piss it away at the end.

Well, it doesn't matter. The Trojans will eviscerate the lame Ducks tomorrow by a huge margin.

Major choke job