Thread: Seeking guide for Fiery Furnace

Seeking guide for Fiery Furnace

Hello!

We are two experienced canyoneers from the Pacific NW who will be visiting Moab on Apr 13-15 (Thu-Sat). Seeking cool Moab-area guide who might be willing to show us the way (Krill / Lomantium) in the Fiery Furnace (Arches NP). Any day of the above would work for us. Have all ropes & necessary gear. Willing to provide $$ for gas, FF permit, and post-canyon pizza/beer. Please PM me regarding questions - happy to provide details on our outdoor experience.

Kaitlin Rupert & Kevin Clark

2. Likes dakotabelliston liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by kaitlinmeep View Post
    Hello!

We are two experienced canyoneers from the Pacific NW who will be visiting Moab on Apr 13-15 (Thu-Sat). Seeking cool Moab-area guide who might be willing to show us the way (Krill / Lomantium) in the Fiery Furnace (Arches NP). Any day of the above would work for us. Have all ropes & necessary gear. Willing to provide $$ for gas, FF permit, and post-canyon pizza/beer. Please PM me regarding questions - happy to provide details on our outdoor experience.

Kaitlin Rupert & Kevin Clark
    Moab will be crowded that whole weekend. Not only is it Easter weekend, there is some (motor?) event (Jeep Safari?) going on that will pack the whole area out. I was planning to be there that weekend (on a non-canyoneering trip) but have deferred it for a couple of days to avoid the crowds.

Having said all that, if you do have success finding a suitable guide for Fiery Furnace, enjoy it...I went a few years ago with some good Bogley experienced folk, and I loved it! You will certainly be away from those crowds (most of the time).

Rob

5. Likes kaitlinmeep, dakotabelliston liked this post
    Moab will be crowded that whole weekend. Not only is it Easter weekend, there is some (motor?) event (Jeep Safari?)
    Very true. It's the Jeep Safari. There will be literally thousands of people there.

DO NOT GO TO MOAB ON EASTER WEEKEND!

You will not find a campground or hotel room anywhere near there that weekend without paying a ridiculous price. The place will be a complete zoo.Choose another destination.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

7. Likes dakotabelliston liked this post
    Thanks so much for the heads up! We're doing some other canyoneering in the area (Capitol Reef, North Wash)... It might make sense for us to focus more on those areas.

I'm still super interested in checking out the Fiery Furnace if anyone is willing to brave the crowds =)

This time of year you will need to show up at the visitor center early the day before to get a permit. They get scarfed up fast.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

They are now "selling out" of FF even a day in advance. I come from Grand Junction and even if we are the first in line when the visitor center opens it not a guarantee we will get a permit.

looking for help with the Fiery furnace Krill route

Hi All,
    We are a party of three experienced canyoneers coming in from Texas on 18th through 21 (days before Thanks Giving) of November. Is there some one kind enough to guide us though the Fiery Furnace rappels. Since this is a Friends take friends deal only and no betas available, not being from the area is to our disadvantage. Will buy beers and dinner after.

Please reach out.

Raj