Thread: Unbreakable: Bloodline Bootlaces

Unbreakable: Bloodline Bootlaces

I'm sick of wearing the 5.10 Canyoneers. They are heavy and they beat up my feet. They are great in Zion, but suck in skinny canyons.

The La Sportiva Boulder X is an awesome shoe, except the laces break every ten minutes. I've found a solution to that problem, and thought that it might be helpful to the canyon community.

I upgraded to Bloodline Bootlaces ten skinny canyons ago and they show zero wear. They are guaranteed for life, so if they break, you can exchange them. They also tie really well, almost too well. In fact, they are difficult to get untied at the end of the day.

I'd give them a 10/10. They even look cool too. Check em out -

Name:  P1040664.jpg
Views: 574
Size:  80.5 KB
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

2. Likes kiwi_outdoors, accadacca liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hmm...neat. Wonder what they're made from? Probably some type of aramid fiber...

Years ago I worked with a company who made braided cables to carry det cord (explosive lines carrying a "signal") for the missile industry. One contract required their cables to be made from kevlar. When they started up the braiding machines, they'd run for awhile without braiding over the cable. Same size as shoe laces. So I says..."hmmm". Asked if it could have a few lengths of their start up runs. Voila...indestructible shoelaces. Put them on a pair of Nike ACG prototype shoes and wore them for a few years. Shoes got hammered. Laces got dirty but showed no wear. Should probably cycle them into a current shoe...

Fun stuff!

5. Likes Slot Machine liked this post
    How do those shoes do getting wet ? And how are they for wide footed people? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC View Post
    Hmm...neat. Wonder what they're made from? Probably some type of aramid fiber...

Years ago I worked with a company who made braided cables to carry det cord (explosive lines carrying a "signal") for the missile industry. One contract required their cables to be made from kevlar. When they started up the braiding machines, they'd run for awhile without braiding over the cable. Same size as shoe laces. So I says..."hmmm". Asked if it could have a few lengths of their start up runs. Voila...indestructible shoelaces. Put them on a pair of Nike ACG prototype shoes and wore them for a few years. Shoes got hammered. Laces got dirty but showed no wear. Should probably cycle them into a current shoe...
    Cool story, Brian. What an odd way to acquire something so useful.

Quote Originally Posted by dakotabelliston View Post
    How do those shoes do getting wet ? And how are they for wide footed people? Thanks
    @dakotabelliston

They perform fine when they are wet. However, they shrink after they dry out. Getting my feet into them at the beginning of a trip is always a challenge, but worth it.

I'm not sure how they work for wide footed people.

My question is, do you tie a figure 8 in these laces! ;)

9. Likes Slot Machine liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by pikan View Post
    My question is, do you tie a figure 8 in these laces! ;)
    Dang right, Luke! I tie everything except webbing with an 8. When I go to church my necktie is ugly, but very safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Slot Machine View Post
    Dang right, Luke! I tie everything except webbing with an 8. When I go to church my necktie is ugly, but very safe.

LOL!!!!

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum