Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WikiLeaks releases 'entire hacking capacity of the CIA'

WikiLeaks releases 'entire hacking capacity of the CIA'

The collection of purported intelligence tools includes information on CIA-developed malware -- bearing names such as “Assassin” and “Medusa” -- intended to target iPhones, Android phones, smart TVs and Microsoft, Mac and Linux operating systems, among others. An entire unit in the CIA is devoted to inventing programs to hack data from Apple products, according to WikiLeaks.

Some of the remote hacking programs can allegedly turn numerous electronic devices into recording and transmitting stations to spy on their targets, with the information then sent back to secret CIA servers.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/07...acity-cia.html

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

There's a metal band I like, "Death". Their leader wrote a song in 1995 named "1000 Eyes"...It was like he could see into the future. Check out the Youtube.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Apple’s statement reads:

Apple is deeply committed to safeguarding our customers’ privacy and security. The technology built into today’s iPhone represents the best data security available to consumers, and we’re constantly working to keep it that way. Our products and software are designed to quickly get security updates into the hands of our customers, with nearly 80 percent of users running the latest version of our operating system. While our initial analysis indicates that many of the issues leaked today were already patched in the latest iOS, we will continue work to rapidly address any identified vulnerabilities. We always urge customers to download the latest iOS to make sure they have the most recent security updates.

I can't believe there is not a huge uproar over this. This is much bigger than the info Snowden and Manning leaked combined. Not only are the Feds collecting your data and mining it, but they are spying on you in your bedroom, where the hell is our press? I guess they are still much to busy trying to figure out how to tie Trump to Putin. I wish the snowflakes actually understood what is going on and protested something more important than which bathroom to use.

Not only are the Feds collecting your data and mining it, but they are spying on you in your bedroom, where the hell is our press?
    Collecting it for everyone or just terror suspects? It would be extremely boring to spy on the general population if that's what they are doing.

As for me, I understand that some people want privacy, but I myself don't care unless someone is going to use the information to steal from me.

If someone else could hack the CIA's information though, then I'd really be worried.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Some people, usually those in a defensive situation, are starting to roll their eyes at the mention of Wikileaks.

But, Wikileaks hasn't had bad info for over 10 years. Wikileaks has legit info, not just some, but EVERYTHING on Wikileaks has been correct for 10 years.

One more thing about spying, and these new allegations that Obama spied on Trump during the campaign; They still couldn't find anything to keep Trump out of office.

That the Obama administration was spying on Trump and his associates is without doubt... That's how they nailed Flynn. That is 100% proof.

That the Obama administration was spying on Trump and his associates is without doubt... That's how they nailed Flynn. That is 100% proof.
    100% proof? Only Federal Judges can authorize spying on citizens. The president cannot. It has been this way for 40+ years now.

If there was 100% proof, there would be a lot more going down than there is now. There would be a lot more people involved than just the former President and the Administration.

Some people, usually those in a defensive situation, are starting to roll their eyes at the mention of Wikileaks.

But, Wikileaks hasn't had bad info for over 10 years. Wikileaks has legit info, not just some, but EVERYTHING on Wikileaks has been correct for 10 years.
    This is true about Wikileaks, but the CIA already admitted (in so many words) to the hacking capabilities and confirmed what Wikilinks claimed.

"I can tell you that these tools would not be used against an American," Michael Hayden, the former director of both the CIA and the NSA, told CBS' The Late Show With Stephen Colbert.

"NSA develops tools, CIA develops tools that we can use. We just went through the drill about ... how you get a warrant, and you've got to go to a judge," Hayden added. "That protects you and me, all U.S. citizens, all the time. But there are people out there that you want us to spy on. You want us to have the ability to actually turn on that listening device inside the TV to learn that person's intentions."

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...2-0-here-s-why

Of course everyone knows (or should know) that the NSA actually was spying on US Citizens under the Patriot Act and is capable of using all of the above (and probably a lot more than that). Most of it stemmed from the Patriot Act. This goes far beyond only a president and his administration (PS, most of the Patriot Act was from the Bush Administration though Obama didn't stop it. I doubt that Trump will either).

Spying is one thing, but the scariest things from the Federal branches (at least the ones we know about) were from the 1940's to 1970's. Google something like Green Run, Operation Top Hat, Project Bluebird, Operation Sea Spray, Frank Olsen, etc.

It is well known that the CIA (and NSA) has done many unethical things in the past and undoubtedly they still are doing so.

Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Yes, 100% proof positive Trumps campaign was being tapped... the fact that they nail Flynn on a wire tap proves it. If it was legal or illegal has yet to be determined. If Obama knew about it or not is currently unknown, but it did happen under his watch. Only a complete idiot would fail to see the facts.

Yes, 100% proof positive Trumps campaign was being tapped...
    That's not what you said though. You said that there was 100% proof that the Obama Administration were the ones doing it. If there 100% proof at this time, more heads would be rolling. Obviously, it could have been someone in the Obama Administration. There is not 100% proof of this at this time.

Obviously someone leaked Flynn's conversations. Leaks have been a problem throughout the Obama and Bush administrations. There is certainly more than one leaker as well.

Now you're just playing word games. If you're the boss and it happens on your watch, you are ultimately responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Now you're just playing word games. If you're the boss and it happens on your watch, you are ultimately responsible.
    Except Trump, who'll continue to blame everyone but himself.

Flynn was nailed by the intelligence community who wasn't monitoring his calls, per se, but, incoming calls to a Russian Ambassador. Which is routinely done. And, it wasn't that he made contact and had a conversation, it was he lied about it.

Just like Trump lied about his people not having contact with Russia. They did. Over and over again. Whether this was casual contact, or, something more meaningful remains to be seen.

Obama authorizing a wiretap of Trump is more fake news. And, a distraction...maybe even a purposeful slight of hand.

I'm sure the raid in Yemen was either Hillary's or Barry's fault too.

Remember..."Deep Throat" (Watergate) was an FBI guy...and...it took over 30 years for that information to become public.

Trump made a big mistake in his treatment of the intelligence community. One that will continue to haunt him until he's no longer president (sooner than later?).

My guess is that we have no idear what's out there...such a smokescreen of "shoot the messenger" and misdirection. Talk of "illegal wiretaps" and "illegal leaks". What are we really missing?

The "Bumblehive". Hilarious. Right in our backyard!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_Data_Center

Here's some fun stuff:

https://nsa.gov1.info/dni/2014/index.html

As an aside...back before public knowledge that the NRO even existed...I got a nice letter from them thanking me for my help...ha ha....(you can run but you can't hide...).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation...issance_Office

I have a number of mission patches...they're "interesting"....(strange and unknown/hidden symbols).

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain...

What did Trump do to piss off the intelligence community?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    What did Trump do to piss off the intelligence community?
    Short answer is he is not Obama :-)

Trump has publicly stated he doesn't trust our intelligence agencies and thinks they have done a shitty job. Personally I think all this cap going on now is proving Trump correct. Our intelligence agencies can't even secure there own departments.

One reason all in government dislike him is Trump is for much smaller government, so if your job is in government he threatens your job and any chance of advancement is greatly diminished.

Short answer is he is not Obama :-)

Trump has publicly stated he doesn't trust our intelligence agencies and thinks they have done a shitty job. Personally I think all this cap going on now is proving Trumpd correct.

One reason all in government dislike him is Trump is for much smaller government, so if your job is in government he threatens your job and any chance of advancement is greatly diminished.
    Except for a $54B increase in an already ridiculously bloated military budget.

And I'm not sure who is surprised that spies are spying and inventing new tools for spying. The intelligence community has been spying on Americans for longer than any of us have been alive (even Ice). It sucks, but it will never stop.

The biggest problem with the current dog and pony show is the average citizen is having their constitutional rights violated and not many seem to understand that. I've said it many times before, you don't get to pick and choose which parts of the Constitution you support. It's an all or nothing deal.

The biggest problem with the current dog and pony show is the average citizen is having their constitutional rights violated and not many seem to understand that. I've said it many times before, you don't get to pick and choose which parts of the Constitution you support. It's an all or nothing deal.
    Believe it or not, I pretty much agree with you 100% on this, and both sides pick and choose what they want to protect. Quick example, when the ACA passed, we heard how the government forcing someone to have insurance was unconstitutional, while a good chunk of those same people wouldn't support SSM, assisted suicide, medical marijuana, etc. So the government can't tell me to get insurance, but they can tell me who to marry, what I can consume and how I die?

Sometimes I think the human mind can only handle the thought of so much freedom and we all just pick what is important to us, and are good with (or even support) the government restricting what we don't find important.

19. Likes devo_stevo, Iceaxe liked this post
    WikiLeaks dump shows you how naked you really are

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=43438305&nid=1313

WikiLeaks dump shows you how naked you really are

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=43438305&nid=1313

"secret tools to spy on us by hacking into pretty much anything we use on the Internet — our computers, smartphones, even our TVs?"

Ha. Waaaay behind the times. "Smart" refrigerators, microwaves, even toothbrushes these days. The internet of things.

Orwell had no idea...

Quote Originally Posted by hank moon View Post
    "secret tools to spy on us by hacking into pretty much anything we use on the Internet — our computers, smartphones, even our TVs?"

Ha. Waaaay behind the times. "Smart" refrigerators, microwaves, even toothbrushes these days. The internet of things.

Orwell had no idea...
    Yeah, speaking of 1984...as long as it remains legal to boink my girlfriend on the sofa, then I'm not too bothered with the gov listening in on laughter, farts, burps, guitar and drum practice, loud music and my occasionally talking to myself.

RIP John Hurt.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?