Page 8 of 168 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: President Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC View Post
    I keep hoping he pulls his head out of his arse...but, as long as he doesn't (and hasn't) been able to drive the US into the ground, I'm not miserable at all. But, he continues to be an embarrassment. Nationally and internationally.

Read his twitter feed...any that stuff sound "presidential" to you? You find it uplifting? Does it make you hopeful?

Like I said up thread, there's a bunch of his campaign promises I'd like to see him pull off.

A laughable statement at best. More fake news? You never, ever cheered for him to succeed but went on and on about what you called his failures. And, calling him a dumbass?

Oh, "they" impeached Bill. And that legacy still hangs around his neck like a lodestone.

Trump is losing more credibility every day. He golfs more than governs. This go 'round with "repeal and replace" is the start of how ineffective he'll become. And, its pretty much a given that anything he says is a lie.

Honestly, an outsider, non politician has appeal. His "drain the swamp" was a great idea. But, he didn't and isn't. Obamacare needs to be fixed, but, I read Trumpcare and it fell way, way short of any fix. Was dead on arrival. With a Republican majority....and 7 years to come up with a plan...? Well...we're still waiting. Blaming the Democrats...hilarious.

But...glass half full. Good things he's done?

HR 255 and HR 321. Women and STEM. That's a good thing.

But the list of things he's done that I don't agree with...is Huuuuge. Ha ha.

First 100 days...we'll see how he ends up. Far short, methinks.

Term limits? Crickets.

Hasn't refused his salary yet.

Make two and four year college more affordable? Nada. His budget cuts funding in financial aid for education.

He did sign the ban on white house officials lobbying on the behalf of a foreign gov't. Funny considering his NSA choice was Turkey's guy.

Has not done the five year ban on lobbying post White House or congress, though.

Etc.

I'd sure they'll be some interesting fake news to come out of the Manafort testimony...

Tick tick tick...

Hi, I'm Brian in SLC.
    Everything I predicted during the last presidential election turned out to be woefully wrong. I also get all my news from CNN. So please, listen closely to my words of wisdom and advice.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

^^^ Shane, did you draw that unicorn freehand in MS Paint? If so, I'm impressed. Print that baby out and slap it on the fridge.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

...and yes, I did listen to Comey's testimony. I guess my two biggest concerns with that are: 1. How can I trust him. How do I know he's not just trying to save his own skin? There's plenty of information out there that could possibly implicate him.

2. Ok, so for the sake of argument, let's assume Russia DID intervene with the election. To what end? Why would Russia want Trump to be president so badly that they would influence the election? Not seeing a clear motive here. Let's hear your best conspiracy theory as to why Russia hates H.R.C. so much.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    ...and yes, I did listen to Comey's testimony. I guess my two biggest concerns with that are: 1. How can I trust him. How do I know he's not just trying to save his own skin? There's plenty of information out there that could possibly implicate him.

2. Ok, so for the sake of argument, let's assume Russia DID intervene with the election. To what end? Why would Russia want Trump to be president so badly that they would influence the election? Not seeing a clear motive here. Let's hear your best conspiracy theory as to why Russia hates H.R.C. so much.
    1) I don't know how you can trust him. He's the head of the FBI? Didn't do HRC any favors pre election, eh?

2) There's been bad blood between Putin and the Obama admin for some time. Sanctions. Removing "diplomats". Crimea.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...n-putin-226153
    http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-vladimir-putin-russia-hillary-clinton-united-states-europe-516895

Its not really a "conspiracy theory" that Putin is no fan of HRC. They have a well documented dislike of each other.

Mix that in with Trump's talk about NATO, saying that he doubted Russia was even in Crimea...etc etc.

My conspiracy theory..has to do with Russia's main exports, OPEC and Iran. Who's economy stood to take a beatin' if the US made nice nice with Iran? Ditto OPEC keeping the price of a barrel of oil low. Gotta be killin' the Russian oil economy.

Any how...Russia will be interesting to watch. They could implode on their own (latest arrests and protests hitting the wires).

Quite a stew.

6. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Ok, so for the sake of argument, let's assume Russia DID intervene with the election. To what end? Why would Russia want Trump to be president so badly that they would influence the election? Not seeing a clear motive here. Let's hear your best conspiracy theory as to why Russia hates H.R.C. so much.
    As I pointed out earlier, in my opinion, most of the Russia-Putin connection is overblown and there is a lot of non-sense going around about it, but there are several reasons (none of which are secret) that Putin preferred Trump in the election.

Some of them I can think of (none of which are secret) are as follows:

1. Trump isn't a fan of NATO.
    2. Trump and Putin are both oil men and Trump wants to scale back on alternative energy as well as pulling out of the Paris agreement.
    3. Trump has said that he would negotiate with Assad instead of arming the rebels (I actually agree with Putin and Trump on this as I feel overthrowing Assad will have the same results as it did when overthrowing Saddam).
    4. Trump is viewed as being harder on ISIS and Putin hates ISIS (I also share Trump's and Putin's view on this).

Anyway, it is certainly possible (probably even likely) that Russia did try to meddle in the election. One reason I am not concerned that much about it is because the US does this all the time, including among our allies. It is hypocritical to make a big deal about it and cry foul since the US does the same thing on a regular basis.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

8. Likes twotimer, Iceaxe, rockgremlin liked this post
    ^^^ Thanks for the great insight, fellas!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    As I pointed out earlier, in my opinion, most of the Russia-Putin connection is overblown and there is a lot of non-sense going around about it, there are several reasons (none of which are secret) that Putin preferred Trump in the election,

Some of them I can think of (non of which are secret) are as follows:

1. Trump isn't a fan of NATO.
    2. Trump and Putin are both oil men and Trump wants to scale back on alternative energy as well as pulling out of the Paris agreement.
    3. Trump has said that he would negotiate with Assad instead of arming the rebels (I actually agree with Putin and Trump on this as I feel overthrowing Assad will have the same results as it did when overthrowing Saddam).
    4. Trump is viewed as being harder on ISIS and Putin hates ISIS (I also share Trump's and Putin's view on this).

Anyway, it is certainly possible (probably even likely) that Russia did try to meddle in the election. One reason I am not concerned that much about it is because the US does this all the time, including among our allies. It is hypocritical to make a big deal about it and cry foul since the US does the same thing on a regular basis.
    ^^^Nailed it^^^

Myself and many others will agree.... If Gorsuch is named to SCOTUS Trumps presidency is a success and anything else he accomplishes is just icing on the cake.

With a little luck Trump will also get to replace Ginsberg, that would be outstanding. I seriously doubt RBG will live 4 more years as her health is failing.

It also looks like Trump will get to replace Kennedy as he is considering stepping down while the getting is good.

Talk about hitting the trifecta! That would send this country on my dream trajectory for the rest of my life.

12. Likes twotimer, tallsteve, nelsonccc liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Myself and many others will agree.... If Gorsuch is named to SCOTUS Trumps presidency is a success and anything else he accomplishes is just icing on the cake.

With a little luck Trump will also get to replace Ginsberg, that would be outstanding. I seriously doubt RBG will live 4 more years as her health is failing.

It also looks like Trump will get to replace Kennedy as he is considering stepping down while the getting is good.

Talk about hitting the trifecta! That would send this country on my dream trajectory for the rest of my life.
    This exactly. Enact the nuclear option and put Gorsuch in! Ginsberg is currently getting life support on a daily basis and if he also gets to replace that judge it'll be a major bonus.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

The problem for you is that I have been making small sacrifices to the gods to keep RBG's heart beating for the next 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    The problem for you is that I have been making small sacrifices to the gods to keep RBG's heart beating for the next 4 years.
    The problem with that strategy is virgins of legal age are becoming kind of rare.

In my humble opinion the left is making a huuuuuge mistake in forcing the GOP to go nuclear to get Gorsuch on the Supreme Court. The left needs to work out some type of deal where they will give Gorsuch the seat provided the 60 votes remains in effect for all future SCOTUS justices. The left really has nothing to lose as Gorsuch will get the seat.

I'm not a fan of simple majorities as it's nothing but two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC View Post

I'm old enough to remember Watergate. That took two years to unravel. This time, the job was outsourced to the Russians. That smells of treason to me.

You really don't think this is an issue?
    The difference between Nixon and Trump is that Nixon had and wouldn't turn over the goods...if Trump was guilty of treason by colluding with the Ruskies his ass would have been grass by now.

Just keep your fingers crossed and click your heels twice, eh?
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

17. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    In my humble opinion the left is making a huuuuuge mistake in forcing the GOP to go nuclear to get Gorsuch on the Supreme Court. The left needs to work out some type of deal where they will give Gorsuch the seat provided the 60 votes remains in effect for all future SCOTUS justices. The left really has nothing to lose as Gorsuch will get the seat.
    POTUS tweet about an hour ago: The Democrats will make a deal with me on healthcare as soon as ObamaCare folds - not long. Do not worry, we are in very good shape!

I think there will be deals...

Funny...can't work within his own party...that he'll consider working the other side of the aisle....interesting.

POTUS tweet: The Republican House Freedom Caucus was able to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. After so many bad years they were ready for a win!

His twitter feed is wild!

What's so wild about his Twitter feed? Looks to me as if Trump is simply stating the obvious as he is correct on both counts.

FWIW - The Freedom Caucuss saved Trump's ass and the House Republicans from suicide by Ryan Care.

Ryan's bill was extremely unpopular with only 17% support. If it had of passed it would have torpedoed Trumps presidency as he would have owned healthcare. The media would beat him unmercifully for the next 4 years with every single healthcare issue and problem that came along.

What's so wild about his Twitter feed? Looks to me as if Trump is simply stating the obvious as he is correct on both counts.
    Besides tossin' the freedom caucus folks under the bus...

His tweets about the uranium Clinton Russia stuff is...out there...

Nearly 70 days...coming up on the first 100...

FWIW - The Freedom Caucuss saved Trump's ass and the House Republicans from suicide by Ryan Care.

Ryan's bill was extremely unpopular with only 17% support. If it had of passed it would have torpedoed Trumps presidency as he would have owned healthcare. The media would beat him unmercifully for the next 4 years with every single healthcare issue and problem that came along.

Digging the Fantasy Politics commentary. There's just not enough popcorn to last nearly 4 years - or is there?

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by hank moon View Post
    Digging the Fantasy Politics commentary. There's just not enough popcorn to last nearly 4 years - or is there?

au contraire--the other 50% of us endured 8 years of crazy progressiveness.

of course, we didn't have time for popcorn and protest, we have jobs!!
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

24. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    Politics has always been somewhat of a game, but lately it seems more and more "winner take all" and "now it's my turn" (to undo the stuff the last guy did). Of course this scheme suits the establishment nicely as it keeps us divided and impotent. Seriously, we all have to live with these laws, so why do we not work together to make them better, instead of tearing them apart every 4 to 8 years. over and over again?

Should human health care (for example) be so strongly influenced by ideology? Is it right to profit from an "industry" that is not subject to normal market forces, such as freedom of choice?

26. Likes Udink, devo_stevo liked this post
    Trump throws Obama's clean energy plan out the window:

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=43659435&nid=157

I applaud this move. Needed to be done.

Stop trying to squash the coal industry via executive order. Let natural gas and renewables kill coal organically (pun intended).

28. Likes nelsonccc, Iceaxe liked this post