Page 5 of 168 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: President Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    If they are going to decide how much we pay and what the money goes towards, then we should get to see what they pay.
    Sound logic. As a tax guy, makes sense. If am the people complaining about how much taxes trump paid, they are probably the majority of people who didn't pay any income taxes at all.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Honestly, the witch hunt going on over the tax thing is as bad as the birthers were with Obama. Maybe that's why they're doing this. Trump was one of the most outspoken of that bunch.

Anyone that has ever made any decent amount of money could tell you that it's pretty much impossible to get out of paying taxes on your earnings. To think that the guy who makes millions every year doesn't pay taxes is just sticking your head in the sand and ignoring the world we live in. I don't see any reason that his 2015 or 2016 returns would show much difference in the tax rate that he paid in 2005, and there is no way that he didn't pay anything.

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    Exactly!!
    What difference does a tax return make on ones ability to govern?
    That's the point. Transparency. Conflict of interest. We don't know.

If Trumps financial issues are more a priority than the nations...then...that'd be an issue.

He's the only president since before Nixon who hasn't.

His business dealings and relationships are harder to follow than contributors to the Clinton Foundation (!!!).

This steel pipeline issue is interesting. Look at Nucor's stock. Etc. You think they'd a got a bump with all this talk of a trillion in infrastructure and pipelines made from US steel. But...between Russia and China...maybe there's deals out there...and the executive order that wasn't. Vows made and not followed through on.

I thought Rachael explained it well to Jimmy last night...its funny, she got confirmation from the white house that the return was legit. Just seems...weird...and, maybe a purposeful distraction?

Anyone that has ever made any decent amount of money could tell you that it's pretty much impossible to get out of paying taxes on your earnings. To think that the guy who makes millions every year doesn't pay taxes is just sticking your head in the sand and ignoring the world we live in. I don't see any reason that his 2015 or 2016 returns would show much difference in the tax rate that he paid in 2005, and there is no way that he didn't pay anything.
    I agree with you, but all high level politicians, including Democrats as well should show them in my opinion. Plus Trump promised to release them if he was elected. Even if he isn't required to why shouldn't he keep his promise? I would also speculate that Trump paid millions in taxes.

Honestly, the witch hunt going on over the tax thing is as bad as the birthers were with Obama. Maybe that's why they're doing this. Trump was one of the most outspoken of that bunch.
    Good point on Trump's insistence that Obama show his birth certificate. Trump not releasing his tax returns is hypocritical since he has promised to do so many times. In fact he said that he would release his tax returns when Obama released his birth certificate.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    In fact he said that he would release his tax returns when Obama released his birth certificate.
    So we,re waiting on the Kenyan embassy still??
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    So we,re waiting on the Kenyan embassy still??
    Probably same place as Barry's wiretap of Trump...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC View Post
    Probably same place as Barry's wiretap of Trump...
    Maybe they should check the microwave?

9. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    Maybe they should check the microwave?
    McDonald's has it.
    Are we there yet?

11. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    I agree with you, but all high level politicians, including Democrats as well should show them in my opinion. Plus Trump promised to release them if he was elected. Even if he isn't required to why shouldn't he keep his promise? I would also speculate that Trump paid millions in taxes.
    I don't know that i have an opinion on whether politicians should be compelled to release them or not, but I do agree that Trump promised to release them. Therefore I think that he should do it.

One thing is for sure. The guy pays more in taxes in one year than I will likely earn in a lifetime, so there is that...

Trump would be a fool to release his taxes. As it stands now he has the left all standing in line crying over something that is perfectly legal.

If he releases his taxes he is doing nothing but giving the left ammunition. Line 1 of his taxes could be Trump cures cancer world wide and the left will just bitch he is taking jobs away from the health care industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Trump would be a fool to release his taxes. As it stands now he has the left all standing in line crying over something that is perfectly legal.

If he releases his taxes he is doing nothing but giving the left ammunition.
    Which is why folks think he probably did release the 2005 taxes...distraction?...and...maybe it was the last non-controversial one. White House did confirm it was "real".

Kind of like when he reviewed his own book...

So far...no evidence of wire tapping. Geez, the guy wins and still thinks folks were trying to get the inside scoop on him? He's either paranoid, delusional, or...

He's probably still chapped about the popular vote and the photo's of the turnout for his inauguration...

Nothing like having the commander in chief focusing on the important stuff for the nation (insert your eye rolling emoticon here).

First 100 days...tick tick tick...

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post

If he releases his taxes he is doing nothing but giving the left ammunition. Line 1 of his taxes could be Trump cures cancer world wide and the left will just bitch he is taking jobs away from the health care industry.
    If Hillary won and didn't release her tax returns, it is a sure bet that the Republicans would cry foul.

Trump promised to release his tax returns several times. Why shouldn't he keep his promise?

By the way, as far as curing cancer, Trump will be increasing cancer rates, not curing cancer. You can't allow a lot more pollution and not increase cancer rates.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

If Hillary won and didn't release her tax returns, it is a sure bet that the Republicans would cry foul.

Trump promised to release his tax returns several times. Why shouldn't he keep his promise?

By the way, as far as curing cancer, Trump will be increasing cancer rates, not curing cancer. You can't allow a lot more pollution and not increase cancer rates.
    If Clinton had won, and she didn't release them, the only one bitching about it would be some Republicans and Fox news...and the majority or the media would ignore it and cover her ass. It would be a non-story. Just like Bengazi and her claim of being shot at in Kosovo, to say the least. I'd bet she and her old man paid less that 25%.

So who wants to see Trumps returns? The very liberal media that would laugh if he were being burned alive, that's who. So he throws up the middle finger to them and flies off to (pick a state) and has a rally with 10,000 adoring fans. Those of us who support the guy don't care one wit about his tax returns, and he knows it.

So Trump is gonna throw down some cancer on us? He's going to allow his rich buddies to spew toxins into the air? Something I figured out LONG ago is that liberals (aside from being far too judgemental) always think someone is out to get them.

On a side note, this Russian nonsense is laughable...Obama said "Tell Vladmir I'll be more flexible after the election". He may as well have said, "Tell him my ass will be nice and high, all lubed up and ready for action". And they say Trump is too cozy with these guys?

Sorry Scott, I said a while back I wouldn't comment on you posts anymore, but this one just has wrong written all over it. BTW, check out my new signature.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

18. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Show me your budget and I'll show you your values. More bombs, guns and enemies. A big kick in the nuts to the working poor...and science...and education...and the environment...and the arts...and neighborhood redevelopment...and on and on and on. Oh an privatizing air traffic controllers. Since it has worked so well in the prison industry, why not?

Maybe we can soon be like Ghina, and we can leave the inventing and advancement to other countries while we build their shit.

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    If Clinton had won, and she didn't release them...
    Uhh...the Clinton's did release their tax returns. Married filing jointly.

https://m.hrc.onl/secretary/10-docum...ature_Page.pdf

Folks picked and parsed these returns prior to the election.

But, there they are. The full deal. Warts and all.

31% tax rate.

She's released 39 years of tax returns...

Now, if Trump released his return for at least 2015, we'd see how closely he was tied to Russia (or not)...and whether he has America's best interests in mind...

Willful ignorance is a "thing"...when you bury your head in the sand...how's the view?

Isn't the IRS the "tax police"? I am quite certain that every candidate has had their taxes poured over by their herd of CPA's and that the IRS has vetted the tax returns also. So why, again, do we care? Seems that the attitude of both parties as it relates to tax returns is guilty until proven innocent. That folks, is un-American. If a person pays the taxes that they owe under the law, I don't need to arm chair quarterback every deduction. Do we not have anything more constructive to do? Frankly, smart people hire other smart people to take every advantage of every law to pay ONLY what they must pay and not a penny more. There is no shame in that, there is no immorality in paying what you owe and deducting what you can. It seems that there are those who want to criticize a fair tax payment if the other guy is not your candidate. Somehow if he didn't pay extra or took a deduction they don't agree with they get all bent out of shape. Well, my thought is that if you pay extra to the government or don't take deductions you are legally entitled to I question your sanity. So why, again, do we care?
    Life is Good

22. Likes twotimer, rockgremlin, oldno7, Iceaxe liked this post

Been to the vault, and discovered Trump's tax returns
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card View Post
    So why, again, do we care?
    Transparency and to understand any conflict of interest.

Also, in light of legislation proposed, budgets, etc, its interesting to see what the better half pays versus the people they govern. Would go towards understanding.

Do you not care about conflicts of interest?

Do you not care about someone who's governing you and their tax/budget/executive orders and their direction for the country especially given the path they've taken to become successful?

Or, is it enough that the man was on a popular reality TV show?

Did you care about the Clinton's and their source of wealth? If so, then why not Trump? Why does he get a pass?

Part of it for me, is, I'd like to see some of these tax loop holes closed especially the ones that are only available to the super wealthy...seems an unfair playing field to me. Bragging about paying no tax? I mean, I'm all for reducing the tax burden where it makes sense, and, trying to get rid of gov't bloat, but...

Funny...as tax season is upon us...and looking at Utah's flat tax. I'd like to see that at the federal level...