Page 22 of 168 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: President Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Making money from investments is also mooching off the system, just in a different way. :-)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by hank moon View Post
    Making money from investments is also mooching off the system, just in a different way. :-)
    That could be said for any job. But for the most part the above comment is everything that is wrong with liberal thinking.

5. Likes Sombeech liked this post
    I'm with Shane on this one; if you earned the money and invested it than it is earning money not mooching.

Comparing Trump to Lincoln though, not cool.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

I hope Trump does well with the North Korea situation, but I don't see any good options. This could be a real test of Trump's leadership and I hope that he does well. Unfortunately, it does seem like a lose-lose situation.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    So by your extreme lack of logic--how do you equate, those who lose everything from "investment's"?
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

10. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    I'm with Shane on this one; if you earned the money and invested it than it is earning money not mooching.
    Define "earn" (for yourself) please? Is winning money through a lottery or gambling "earning" that money?

Define "earn" (for yourself) please? Is winning money through a lottery or gambling "earning" that money?
    What a joke! Hank, define what "is" is.

Making money off of investments is the exact opposite of mooching off the system. By that same logic, going to college and obtaining marketable skills is mooching off the system. Having good parents and a good upbringing is mooching off the system. Using a computer is mooching off the system. Learning to interview well and obtain a good job is mooching off the system. Learning to save and budget your money is mooching off the system.

Take some accountability for crying out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by qedcook View Post

Making money off of investments is the exact opposite of mooching off the system. By that same logic, going to college and obtaining marketable skills is mooching off the system. Having good parents and a good upbringing is mooching off the system. Using a computer is mooching off the system. Learning to interview well and obtain a good job is mooching off the system. Learning to save and budget your money is mooching off the system.

Define "mooching off the system" from personal experience and/or first-hand knowledge (i.e. not from media reports, books, etc.).

With investments, you work to earn money and invest in other companies or your own. You assume the risk and rewards as a business decision. So yes, you did earn the money.

Lottery and gsmbling is a different topic, bit if people want to spend their own money on such things, that's their own business. That said though, if they are spending someone else's money or are on public assistance, then that isn't right and is mooching off the system.

Comparing Trump to Lincoln though, not cool.
    Aw c'mon man, as some of us were reading through that list, we were like "ha ha, yes!" Then realized it was describing President Lincoln's run and not Trump, there was an inaudible "ah shit" that swept across the readers of that meme.

^^^THIS^^^

The point being Lincoln was hated every bit as much as Trump, even at his death Lincoln was hated by half the country. It took history and time for the country to understand he was one of our greatest presidents ever.

Who knows what the Trump legacy will be in 50 years, but we can all hope it's equal to Lincoln as that is a worthy goal every president should strive for.

^^^THIS^^^

The point being Lincoln was hated every bit as much as Trump, even at his death Lincoln was hated by half the country. It took history and time for the country to understand he was one of our greatest presidents ever.

Who knows what the Trump legacy will be in 50 years, but we can all hope it's equal to Lincoln as that is a worthy goal every president should strive for.
    You are right that some of the phrases could be attributed to Trump, but the context is very different.

Lincoln did everything he could to keep this nation together and that's why he was hated.

Trump is not doing everything he can to keep this nation together and I don't care what anyone says about this.

In fact, I don't think any president in recent history has done that much to keep this nation together. Arguably (emphasis on arguably), Kennedy may have been the last to do try this, but even that is a stretch. Plus he wasn't president very long and that was 50+ years ago.

Comparing Lincoln to Trump or any other predident in recent history is pure fallacy.

As far as Trump's legacy goes, no it won't be equal to Lincoln's. I can guarantee this. Feel free to contact me in 50 years so I can say "I told you so".

Define "mooching off the system" from personal experience and/or first-hand knowledge (i.e. not from media reports, books, etc.).
    No thanks. You define it.

19. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Trump is not doing everything he can to keep this nation together and I don't care what anyone says about this.

You don't understand because you and people like you are the problem..... I see you as a white plantation owner in 1860 Alabama, obviously you see yourself in a different light.

Trump is fighting a different battle, but same war as Lincoln. I just hope Trump is as successful in the end as Lincoln was. YMMV.

#MAGA

You don't understand because you and people like you are the problem..... I see you as a white plantation owner in 1860 Alabama, obviously you see yourself in a different light.

Trump is fighting a different battle, but same war as Lincoln. I just hope Trump is as successful in the end as Lincoln was. YMMV.

#MAGA
    I apologize as that was kind of mean of me. Perhaps I can explain it this way. You play not to lose, while I always play to win. You probably see little difference between those two statements, but to me they are world's apart.

I apologize as that was kind of mean of me. Perhaps I can explain it this way. You play not to lose, while I always play to win. You probably see little difference between those two statements, but to me they are world's apart.
    Or more likely our definition of "winning" is completely different.

To me, winning is up to me and not the president (and isn't that a conservative ideal?).

I had a tough time growing up, but since I was 16 (and for much of the time before that), I haven't been unemployed for more than a few weeks. I joined the military on my 17th birthday. We bought our first house when I was 19 years old. I worked my way up the ladder and am now pretty successful. I have a beautiful sweet wife (whom I married as a teenager) and two good kids. I have done a lot of cool stuff including visiting 50 countries, climbed 200+ mountains, have done a lot of canyons, etc. I worked hard for all of it and I have never been on any kind of welfare. I have never bounced a check or been late on a bill (unless it was a clericsl error on part of the payee). I help others when I can. I have offered services and even our house to those in need.

Is that not winning?

That said, even though I am winning, I still want things to be better for me and others. I want continued access to areas that provide opportunities for healthy physical exercise and placed to enjoy nature. I want peace wherever possible, but understand that we need to prepare for war. I want more affordable (not free) healthcare. I want people to treat each other with respect. I want children to be taken care of because I don't think that they should be punished for being born or their parents social status. I want people to have access to an education, because that is an investment, not a liability. Of course, I want to do my own share and part in this and don't think that it will just happen on it's own.

Sure I want the stock market to go up, but that isn't my #1 priority in life, especially if done by allowing countries to pollute more. I am 100% in favor of industry and using energy; I just don't see why it shouldn't be done cleaner.

So yes, I do like winning. Our definitions of winning are different.

OK, and here's one definition of winning we might agree on. I had sex 8 times over the weekend. Certainly you would agree that that is winning?

Quote Originally Posted by qedcook View Post

It's not possible to provide a one-size-fits all definition of "mooching off the system" - it just means whatever one wants it to mean in order to make a point, "be right," judge others, etc. Totally subjective.

But it is possible to give specific examples, such as:

If you wrote the above (or any other social media post) while being paid by anyone other than yourself, you are mooching off the system.

It's not possible to provide a one-size-fits all definition of "mooching off the system" - it just means whatever one wants it to mean in order to make a point, "be right," judge others, etc. Totally subjective.

But it is possible to give specific examples, such as:

If you wrote the above (or any other social media post) while being paid by anyone other than yourself, you are mooching off the system.
    You're the one that said that "Making money from investments is also mooching off the system, just in a different way." So, when you said that, 'it just meant whatever you wanted it to mean in order to make a point, "be right," judge others, etc. Totally subjective.'???

I'm not trying to be a jerk about it, but your claim just seemed so ridiculous. To me, not by any stretch of the imagination, and not by any logical definition of any of the vocabulary, could you say: "Making money from investments is also mooching off the system, just in a different way."