Page 24 of 168 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: President Trump

What would be a real-life example to your mind of "mooching off the system" ?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natalie_Suleman
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

What Happened....

4. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    ...a mentor for hank
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

I draw the line in the dust and toss the gauntlet before the feet of tyranny, and I say segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever.

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

...hmm, the list goes on, then as now...
    all have a political affiliation.
    the real racist is the boy crying wolf...
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I shall never fight in the armed forces with a negro by my side ... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.
    — Robert C. Byrd, in a letter to Sen. Theodore Bilbo (D-MS), 1944
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian in SLC View Post

Estimate of racially focused hate group numbers up or down during Obama? Down.

Trend up or down under Trump? Up.
    OK, I don't know anything about this statistic so if you wouldn't mind an honest question, would this source consider the violent ANTIFA groups as part of the hate groups? People against Trump?

Would we really blame Trump for upsetting the privileged upper middle class Millennials that make up the majority of these groups? Personally, if somebody is upsetting these little shits, I would honestly think it's because he did something right.

If I start grounding my kids for bad behavior, and they created a poll showing an increase of resentment towards their parent (me), that's a sign that I am headed in the right direction.

10. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    OK, I don't know anything about this statistic so if you wouldn't mind an honest question, would this source consider the violent ANTIFA groups as part of the hate groups? People against Trump?

Would we really blame Trump for upsetting the privileged upper middle class Millennials that make up the majority of these groups? Personally, if somebody is upsetting these little shits, I would honestly think it's because he did something right.

If I start grounding my kids for bad behavior, and they created a poll showing an increase of resentment towards their parent (me), that's a sign that I am headed in the right direction.
    No, I don't think ANTIFA was considered a hate group.

Yes, we can blame Trump. From the Atlantic article this week:

Trump has changed that. For antifa, the result has been explosive growth. According to NYC Antifa, the group’s Twitter following nearly quadrupled in the first three weeks of January alone. (By summer, it exceeded 15,000.) Trump’s rise has also bred a new sympathy for antifa among some on the mainstream left. “Suddenly,” noted the antifa-aligned journal It’s Going Down, “anarchists and antifa, who have been demonized and sidelined by the wider Left have been hearing from liberals and Leftists, ‘you’ve been right all along.’ ” An article in The Nation argued that “to call Trumpism fascist” is to realize that it is “not well combated or contained by standard liberal appeals to reason.” The radical left, it said, offers “practical and serious responses in this political moment.”

I think some of the "hate" ascribed to the ANTIFA folks maybe a bit exaggerated. There's certainly plenty of stories about them being violent. But...and not to say that you have to cross this line...when did they start killing people? Something that the more legit (!) hate groups have as part of their history.

One "hate group" that's definitely on the rise that doesn't get much press is black separatists. Hmm.

Its kinda interesting...from a political tactics viewpoint...that the normally peace lovin', tree huggin', anti gun left is giving a head nod or more to the tactics they came to hate from the likes of the Tea Party and the Trump fans.

Funny to witness the energy in a rally like the Chaffetz town hall (the one all of us who lived 5 minutes away from were bused into...ha ha). I think there's a feeling, a palpable energy, that the left side of the political spectrum will employ stronger tactics to get their message across. Kind of crazy to watch. And, to hear it bandied about in a crowd of folks.

Summary from the Atlantic article:

Revulsion, fear, and rage are understandable. But one thing is clear. The people preventing Republicans from safely assembling on the streets of Portland may consider themselves fierce opponents of the authoritarianism growing on the American right. In truth, however, they are its unlikeliest allies.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/09/the-rise-of-the-violent-left/534192/

Quite a pickle.

Politics. Propaganda. Pointing out that Wallace, Byrd, and Thurmon were originally on the wrong side of history is old news. They all changed. Did they in their hearts? Who knows? But, at least publicly they did. But, what purpose does it serve the person who posts such information? "See, your guys were as bad as our guys are"? Does that make it ok?

"The real racist is the boy crying wolf". Wow. Really? Or, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain?

What a nutty soup...

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    What Happened....

I don't get all of this and I am referring to both sides. Trump can't stop talking about Hillary and Hillary can't stop talking about losing and that she should have won.

I was glad when the election was over in 2016. Apparently I thought all of this was through.

I don't know of any other presidential election where this drags on and on after the election. I don't recall Obama constantly ragging on Romney after the election and I don't recall Romney contantly saying that he should have won.

This is all getting old (I'm referring to the candidates, not you).
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

^^^I think part of it is liberals still can't believe they lost the election and so they keep looking for a magic unicorn that can fix everything. The other half is Trump is thin skinned and doesn't let anything slide. This was also an extremely bitter election, Romney vs Obama doesn't even come close in comparison.

This latest round is because of Hillays new book 'What Happened' that blames the loss one everyone but her (same old story). I think most people will agree that the real problem is Hillary was a terrible choice in a candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    I don't get all of this and I am referring to both sides. Trump can't stop talking about Hillary and Hillary can't stop talking about losing and that she should have won.

I was glad when the election was over in 2016. Apparently I thought all of this was through.

I don't know of any other presidential election where this drags on and on after the election. I don't recall Obama constantly ragging on Romney after the election and I don't recall Romney contantly saying that he should have won.

This is all getting old (I'm referring to the candidates, not you).

Hillary started it.

Best quote from this week on FB:

"We used to have a saying in Sales Meetings - There are those that make it happen, those that watch it happen, and those that ask "What happened?" HRC seems to be in the third camp. Her time is over, wish she would just clear the stage."

15. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by hank moon View Post
    Hillary started it.

Best quote from this week on FB:

"We used to have a saying in Sales Meetings - There are those that make it happen, those that watch it happen, and those that ask "What happened?" HRC seems to be in the third camp. Her time is over, wish she would just clear the stage."
    They both can't let it go.

Name:  tr.JPG
Views: 314
Size:  20.1 KB

I wonder what the longest Trump can go without posting about Hillary would be?

I agree that her time is over. Old news for both parties.

If you pay attention Trump always responds (counterpunch in Trump speak) to Hillary's statements. So to answer your question.... the next Trump posts about Hillary will be the next time she opens her mouth about Trump.

If you pay attention Trump always responds (counterpunch in Trump speak) to Hillary's statements. So to answer your question.... the next Trump post about Hillary will be the next time she opens her mouth about Trump.
    This time, but not always. Often Trump posts first (and he posts about Hillary a lot more often than vice versa). They're worse than two preschoolers.

Trump tweets don't bother me one way or the other, I actually like knowing what is rattling around inside his head.

Trump tweets don't bother me one way or the other, I actually like knowing what is rattling around inside his head.
    Agreed. It's the transparency that politicians have been promising for a decade.

Trump sends a few tweets about Hillary.

Hillary wrote a damn book about Trump

22. Likes Iceaxe liked this post

24. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    The country should bond together and give Hillary her participation trophy so we can finally be done with her.

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?