Page 13 of 168 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: President Trump

How about that lovely "Trump Effect"?

According to the Old God of the Jewish and Christian Faith, what GOP candidate Greg Gianforte did the night before the special election was inexcusable. Okay, technically, the Judaism 1.0 of my forebears with all the Smiting and Wrath, might have made some allowances for it. But as a matter of traditional ethics and morality, what he did was, again, inexcusable. But in the Bro Age, when one of your Bros does something wrong and oh-so-Broey — particularly if there’s proof that it happened so you can’t blame it on anonymous sources — the first thing you must do is defend your Bro’s actions. After Gianforte’s body slam, Twitter was full of people, even those of the blue checkmark variety, talking about how the Jacobs guy deserved it. I even caught Rob O’Neill on Fox saying that Jacobs was a “snowflake” and that the assault was “kinda funny” and that this was just “Montana Justice.”

Obviously, I have enormous respect for O’Neill’s accomplishments (he was the guy who plugged Osama bin Laden, which earns him a lifetime coupon for free drinks as far as I’m concerned), but this is repugnant and stupid and insulting to Montanans. If O’Neill were still in uniform and had done what Gianforte did, his career would have been destroyed and he’d likely be in a stockade. Oh, and it was Gianforte who literally freaked out in a fight-or-flight panic when asked a question about a frick’n CBO score! But Ben Jacobs is the snowflake?

Moreover, if a Democratic politician attacked, say, Jesse Watters (who routinely asks far more provocative questions than Jacobs did) never mind a serious reporter like James Rosen, the conservative media complex would be lit red with sirens and we’d all be covering our ears from the din of the “Aroogah! Aroogah! Battle Stations! Battle Stations!” blasting from the loudspeakers. So, congrats! You held a seat in Montana (which you were going to win anyway).

But no, for an entire day, countless people defended the assault because they didn’t like Jacobs, or they wanted to win an open House seat, or they wanted to play yet another round of whatabboutism, or help Donald Trump in some way or — in the case of the alt-right — because any attack on a Jew is defined as a good start.

So, let me ask the people who spent the day defending Gianforte: How do you feel now that he won? Is it all you hoped it would be? Oh, and how did you feel when he apologized? Did you regret all that Montana justice and he-had-it-coming talk? I mean, you probably didn’t really believe that stuff anyway. You just let people believe you did because the cause was so important. Or maybe you’re mad that Gianforte apologized after spending all that time arguing he did nothing wrong? Probably not — because one of the Orb’s first commandments is “Thou Shalt Not Care about Anyone’s Hypocrisy but the Enemy’s.”

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/g-file...chiever-habits

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

More people are working and they are working better jobs. To top it all off the stock market is booming. What are they whiny liberals going to cry about if Trump actually does make America great again?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/can-tru...pid=1860607657

Serious question. How will this work?

http://time.com/4805666/donald-trump...s-planes-plan/

I work for the private sector, but Trump really has the private sector scared as far as infrastructure goes. I have heard that there might not be any work at all in my area next year.

Although I'm 100% for cutting back on government waste, infrastructure is an area where we really do need to spend money.

I'd much rather see our tax money go there instead of on bull**** wars in the Middle East that have nothing at all to do with American freedom or values.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    Serious question. How will this work?
    Easy...just print it up and spend it like Obama did. Start burning thru the tax revenues of those that are yet to be born. The dollar is and will remain the king of currencies. Anyone bothered by this should buy gold, I guess.

There's no doubt that the Middle East is a rotten, stinking mess. But if we bail and let the cards fall as they may, it's likely to descent into anarchy...or is it?

Should we care? If the worst case scenario should happen, then that area of the planet will be like a black, nasty cancer. But then again, the whole continent of Africa is a virtual lost cause...so what difference does it make?

We sure live pretty damn nice over here, eh? But I agree that it would be great to have better roads. I just thank my lucky stars that my life wasn't suffering as a helpless victim over on the other side of the planet.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Easy...just print it up and spend it like Obama did. Start burning thru the tax revenues of those that are yet to be born. The dollar is and will remain the king of currencies. Anyone bothered by this should buy gold, I guess.
    Unfortunately, that is how it has been working, but that's not what Trump is proposing.

Trump is now saying that the money for infrastructure that was in his campaign promises is going to come from private sources.

This isn't a knock against Trump, but a question on how it's going to work. It does have the industry scared right now.

Toll roads can work well for cities and highly populated areas.

If you live in a rural area, say here, I don't see it working so well. Going west on Highway 40, there is almost nothing for 120 miles until you hit Vernal. Going east on Highway 40, you hit Steamboat after about 45 miles. Going north on Highway 13 there is almost nothing until hit I-80 and then there is still nothing until you head east along I-80 to Rawlins. Going south you hit the tiny hamlet of Meeker after 52 miles and then I-70 at Rifle, about 90 miles from here.

Trump says that local cities and counties will be in charge of the funding that he promised. If so, that's hundreds of miles of highway to fund by local tiny small towns, such as this one. It may make sense in the big city, but I wonder how it will work in rural areas.

Most of the traffic through town isn't locals; it's city to city traffic and goods. If you want to ship goods from Denver to Salt Lake City, for example, you are going to pass through a lot of rural territory, no matter which route you take. Rural communities can't be expected to maintain those long stretches of highway.

If so, can all the local communities set toll booths on all the highways to charge out of towners?

But if we bail and let the cards fall as they may, it's likely to descent into anarchy...or is it?
    Almost all of the weapons in the Middle East come from Russia, the United States, and a few countries in Europe. It was the mostly the US that funded the roots of these terrorists groups in the first place. That's a different topic though.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Democrats are now 0-5 in special elections, even after spending money by the truck loads to try and take a house seat and turn the tide..

America likes winners and this massacre is going to continue until Democrats start listening to Joe Sixpack in middle America.

The 2018 Senate mid-term elections could be a blood bath if Democrats (and the media) don't quickly wise up. There are 34 seats up for grabs in 2018, of which 25 are held by Democrats.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    MAGA
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

12. Likes devo_stevo, Iceaxe liked this post
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

15. Likes twotimer liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    America likes winners and this massacre is going to continue until Democrats start listening to Joe Sixpack in middle America.
    They won't...they live in a freaky collective world. Just look at that pic that Oldno put up of those CNN pundits. They're united in their misery.

This whole circus they've created reminds me of Edward Norton in Fight Club...just beating the shit out of themselves.

It was a bit amusing right after the election, then it became a bit annoying. Now I just want them the keep the Tyler Durden thing going...and keep losing as a result.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

17. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Who the hell is Ossoff? I hear that he / she lost and Dems are devastated but I'm not even interested enough to Google who actually won, and what position it was for. I think it's just more entertaining to see people upset on a sure deal

19. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Who the hell is Ossoff? I hear that he / she lost and Dems are devastated but I'm not even interested enough to Google who actually won, and what position it was for. I think it's just more entertaining to see people upset on a sure deal
    Well, Ossoff is a documentary filmmaker so you can bet that there's going to be an upcoming documentary at next year's Sundance film festival outlining how he lost to Handel via scandal and Russian corruption.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Karen Handel was also the first woman ever elected to represent Georgia, that means another glass ceiling shattered. I'm curious to see how the left tries to spin that one into racism or inequality.

22. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    The Obama administration’s weakness and inaction led Putin rightly to believe that he could push America around with impunity. Clinton’s corruption and Democratic incompetence created a soft and inviting target. Trump’s defiance, defensiveness, and deceptions stoked fear and paranoia. At every turn in the story, Russia succeeded because we failed, and true heroes were hard to find.

Now more than ever, we need honesty, firmness, and stable leadership from Washington, and all we’re getting is more political decay. Trump reportedly toys with firing special counsel Robert Mueller, Democrats dream of impeachment, and Twitter is awash in conspiracy theories. If Putin wanted to sow chaos, he got his wish. But he isn’t a diabolical genius, and his intelligence operatives aren’t supermen. American incompetence is his greatest asset.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...helped-succeed

Oh, it's not that bad. We're seeing the Great American Power Struggle in knock down real time.They're a bunch of clowns..very powerful, but clowns nonetheless. The media and hollyweird against anyone who's not one of them.

I'm just glad that it's not mob bosses or the military isn't clamping down or there aren't full on coups. I'll admit it would be nice if Trump could bitch slap these freaks into line, but they're dedicated to riding it out to the bitter end and hoping for a miracle. If they work with him, and he succeeds, they won't even have a chance to regain power. They're gonna fight, fight fight. They're always pissed off.

Putin is a pissant. The Chinese are the ones we've really got to stare down. I think Trump has the Russians pretty squared away and he certainly put China on notice...so that's a good start. Without blowin' stuff up, so far.

God knows what Hillary would be doing about these things?
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Anyone that thought draining the swamp would be quick and easy just hasn't been paying attention.

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

27. Likes twotimer liked this post