Page 65 of 168 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 3351

Thread: President Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    We all know the restaurant had a right to ask her to leave. But not everybody thinks the baker had the same right.
    I don't, it's their right. It doesn't even rile me up but I'm a different kind of liberal I guess.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would want to eat a cake prepared by someone that dislikes them... that just doesn't seem very wise in my book.

Also why would you want to support and enrich a company that hates you, that's called stupid where I come from.

One big advantage individuals have is the ability to support with their pocketbooks. I always try to support companies that support my values.

4. Likes 2065toyota, blueeyes liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would want to eat a cake prepared by someone that dislikes them... that just doesn't seem very wise in my book.

Also why would you want to support and enrich a company that hates you, that's called stupid where I come from.

One big advantage individuals have is the ability to support with their pocketbooks. I always try to support companies that support my values.
    I'd like to disagree with you just on general principle, but I have to agree with this one. Serve who you want to serve and I will shop where I want to shop. easy peasy. And on that note, can we please allow car dealers in Utah to be open on Sunday?

Is there really a law that doesn't allow them to open on Sundays? I didn't know that. You learn something new everyday.

That's dumb if it's true, BTW. Real dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo View Post
    Is there really a law that doesn't allow them to open on Sundays? I didn't know that. You learn something new everyday.

That's dumb if it's true, BTW. Real dumb.
    Yep. The way I always heard it from dealers I knew was that it wasn't always the case, but Larry Miller wanted to live his religion a little better and not open on Sunday, but couldn't stomach losing a sale or two, so helped usher a law that only allows dealers to be open 6 days a week. Technically, that doesn't have to be a Sunday, but in Utah that is the day that makes the most business sense to close.

8. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    I'm not too surprised. Some of the stuff those people make up is crazy. I put this in the same category of useless laws that should be gone along with the one that prevents Tesla from selling cars in Utah just because they sell directly to the customer rather than through "authorized dealers".

Geez, car sales laws in Utah are almost as stupid and confusing as the liquor laws.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

11. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    And on that note, can we please allow car dealers in Utah to be open on Sunday?
    Is it a law or a gentlemen's agreement?

I worked in motorcycle shops in the 70's and we closed on Sunday. It was a gentlemen's agreement made by all the Utah dealers.

The reasoning was if everyone closed on Sunday no one gained and advantage. It was cheaper for the dealers as they only had to pay expenses and wages for 6 days a week and gave key dealer employees a guaranteed day off with the family. Pretty much a win/win as long as everyone joined the party.

Just looked and it's a law.... but... it was a law asked for and endorsed by the Utah Car Dealers for the reasons I mentioned above.

Apparently it was a gentlemen's agreement at one time but they couldn't control themselves and asked for it to become law.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    dividend increases
    Mmmm...daddy like dividend increases. I'll take those crumbs just fine, thank you.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    Mmmm...daddy like dividend increases. I'll take those crumbs just fine, thank you.
    Yep, dividends are great!!

and whats funny, is these whiny liberals are likely receiving dividends through their retirement or 401's.

CLUELESS--caps mine.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

16. Likes twotimer liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Trump isn't broadcasting that. The media is.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Which part of Trump's presidency is causing you the most issues... The peace or the prosperity?

Neil Gorsuch has been a HUGE Trump win the past few days as he has been the swing vote on several high profile issues....

I know a number of people that voted Trump for the simple reason that SCOTUS had an opening and they didn't want another liberal on the bench.

Purely for attention. It's just like the gay couple trying to get married in Kentucky a few years, remember? That clerk wouldn't do it, but others would, but they kept requesting to be served only by her so they would force her to do it and nobody else. Oh the things true love will make you do.

And then as time went on we all learned that they weren't even from Kentucky, that that had crossed state lines, seeking out that specific office to get the marriage certificate.

Same shit as the baker, they sought him out, passed up other bakers just to make a show out of it. And the drama queens bought it all hook line and sinker.

23. Likes rockgremlin, blueeyes liked this post
    Neil Gorsuch has been a HUGE Trump win the past few days as he has been the swing vote on several high profile issues....

I know a number of people that voted Trump for the simple reason that SCOTUS had an opening and they didn't want another liberal on the bench.

Kennedy will retire in july

Another pick for Trump, hopefully as good as the last.

Mike Lee is in the running--he would be a great Supreme court nominee.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Next ruth
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Purely for attention. It's just like the gay couple trying to get married in Kentucky a few years, remember? That clerk wouldn't do it, but others would, but they kept requesting to be served only by her so they would force her to do it and nobody else. Oh the things true love will make you do.

And then as time went on we all learned that they weren't even from Kentucky, that that had crossed state lines, seeking out that specific office to get the marriage certificate.

Same shit as the baker, they sought him out, passed up other bakers just to make a show out of it. And the drama queens bought it all hook line and sinker.
    I agree with you on the baker but not the KY clerk. Private business and government jobs aren't the same. Gay marriage was the law of the land and her job required her to issue the license. Whatever the motives of the applicants didn't matter. If she didn't want to do it (or allow another in the office to) she should have just resigned. I believe you are incorrect in thinking that others in the office offered to grant the license. If I remember correctly she was the clerk and wouldn't allow anyone else to sign it.

I did like this gem from Mike Huckabee, “When you deny one person’s liberty because you don’t like what they say or what they do or what they think, then we all are losing our liberty," Nice words. Too bad they come from a guy who has spent his entire life fighting to deny liberty to an entire class of people.

PS: Remember way back to 18 months ago, when the GOP cared about the debt and deficit? https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nationa...ce-after-wwii/