2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Liberals are weird.

"Hey Trump stay out of our lands"
    ---OK Utah here's your land back
    True.... plus we hate Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post

Damn.... when I single I had house parties with larger crowds then that.

The one thing they did get correct is.... "This is what democracy looks like". To quote Barack Obama "Elections have consequences".
    Decent sized groups at several locations:

^^^ I didn't see any Proclamation changes that protect mining and drilling....WTF?

Maybe cuz there's nothing to mine there, perhaps? Just a wild guess...

...and this lady wants to talk to the manager:

Name:  f43f6c8525.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  100.0 KB
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post

...and this lady wants to talk to the manager:

Another promise kept....

Trump forges ahead on Jerusalem-as-capital despite warnings

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=46211115&nid=235

Another promise kept....

Trump forges ahead on Jerusalem-as-capital despite warnings

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=46211115&nid=235

How does this benefit the US?
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    I find this funny coming from a guy that says Trump doesn't keep his promises.

Do you mean other then actually enforcing the law? If you don't like the law then change it, but don't ignore it. We are a land of laws, we do not get to just obey the laws we like.

I find this funny coming from a guy that says Trump doesn't keep his promises.

Do you mean other then actually enforcing the law? If you don't like the law then change it, but don't ignore it. We are a land of laws, we do not get to just obey the laws we like.
    That doesn't answer the question on how this will help the US. I also know that Trump didn't make that law (it was passed in 1995). I'm just asking what advantage to the US there is to doing so. Notice that it is phrased in the form a question.

Also, I never said that Trump didn't keep all of his promises. I said that about health care, but not everything.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

This benefits the US because the American public gets exactly what they have been asking for the past 22 years.

A better question would be how is doing the same dumbass thing we have been doing the past 22 years and getting nowhere helping the American public?

See what I did there?

The first thing I was taught in military school was "do something".... charge, retreat, or get the hell out of the way.... but whatever you do just do something, because anything is better than sitting around with your thumb up your ass doing nothing.

This benefits the US because the American public gets exactly what they have been asking for the past 22 years.

A better question would be how is doing the same dumbass thing we have been doing the past 22 years and getting nowhere helping the American public?

See what I did there?

The first thing I was taught in military school was "do something".... charge, retreat, or get the hell out of the way.... but whatever you do just do something, because anything is better than sitting around with your thumb up your ass doing nothing.
    See, you just should of said that in the first place. I was just wondering your rational, especially since you aren't religious (many support Israel for religious reasons, though many non-religious people do as well).

Anyway, my own thoughts are as follows:

It is true that the law passed in 1995, but at the time the world was arguably more stable than it ever has been historically (which is to say that there were still many problems). Clinton and Bush II both pledged (and then broke the promises) to move the embassy, but for better or worse nothing ever came of it because of security concerns. US citizens have become less decisive or neutral on the matter.

Al Qaeda and ISIS will be pissed off no matter what we do, so we shouldn't care what they think. That said though, before moving the embassy to Jerusalem, we should focus on ridding the world of ISIS and Al Qaeda. Then maybe we should think about moving the embassy. The former is much more important and should be our focus.

As it stands now, it doesn't seem that much (or anything) is to be gained by moving the embassy. At a minimum, it could and probably would increase the danger level to the embassy staff. If I was an ambassador or other embassy staff, I'd certainly feel more secure in Tel Aviv, but would do my duty regardless.

Plus Tel Aviv is only ~33 miles from Jerusalem. That's about the distance from Salt Lake to Provo. Tel Aviv is also the major air and transportation hub. Is it really worth the extra security risk for the sake of a 33 mile distance?

I just can't think of any advantages, other than the physiological support of Israel for moving the embassy. Of course if there is an advantage that I'm missing, feel free to point it out. You are right that the decision to move the embassy was made 22 years ago though.

In my own opinion, we have every right to move the embassy, but there are a lot more important things to focus on.

In listening to the anal-ysis on the radio today, it takes that bargaining chip off the table for the Palestinian leaders...punishment for them dragging their feet all these years.

We take this off the table, and then threaten something else important until they finally (at least) recognize Israel's right to exist and come to the negotiations with real intent. Seems sensible to me and it's what I would do...

"Hey assholes, we're going to bite off chunks until you come around". Make a choice or suffer. Enough of this going nowhere, decades long "peace process".

Also, it's sending a loud message to Iran and their proxies that we've got Israel's back.

I love it...Trump not being content with just going along with the program. Clinton would have played both sides just like Barry did.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

16. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    Of course if there is an advantage that I'm missing, feel free to point it out.
    Actually the US already maintains a large compound in Jerusalem which they conduct state business out of. Trump could simply have hung a US Embassy sign over the door and called it good, but he didn't.

I think TwoTimer nailed it, Trump is using the Embassy as a negotiating tool. Anyone that has read Trumps book "Art of the Deal" knows exactly what he is doing. Trump just took away much of the Palestinians leverage and forced them to the table before they lose all their leverage. The clock is now working against the Palestinians... tick - tock....

Say what you like about Trump, but the guy understands money and he understands negotiations.

18. Likes nelsonccc liked this post
    Actually the US already maintains a large compound in Jerusalem which they conduct state business out of.
    Yes and we have a consulate there.

Trump just took away much of the Palestinians leverage and forced them to the table before they lose all their leverage. The clock is now eorkong against the Palestinians.

Say what you like about Trump, but the guy understands money and he understands negotiations.
    We'll see. Obviously every reasonable person, including myself, wishes Trump the best outcome in this regard. I think everyone that knows history expects that this is to take a bargaining chip away from the Palestinians.

On a different note, the elephant in the room is being ignored. It has been going on a long time and long before Trump came into office. The elephant it Turkey (although that sounds funny in a way). Turkey has the most powerful army in the Middle East, but the country is mostly ignored. In addition, Turkey, especially by Middle East standards and since the 1940's has been a strong ally of the US fight on terrorism. It was also the first country in the region to recognize Israel. In recent years both Turkish-Israeli relations and US-Turkish relations have been deteriorating for several years. This should be very concerning to anyone following what is going on in the Middle East. Although we don't have to do anything just to please Turkey, the move of the embassy could further sour relations.

I do see more negatives than positives in moving the embassy, but obviously I hope for the best as everyone else should as well.

No reasonable person would want this to fail just to make Trump look bad. In all likelihood, and hopefully it won't be much of an issue.

Still, I think there are more important issues (such as ISIS and Al Qaeda) than doing things like moving the embassy. As far as I'm concerned, that should be and hopefully is the #1 priority.

I think TwoTimer nailed it, Trump is using the Embassy as a negotiating tool. Anyone that has read Trumps book "Art of the Deal" knows exactly what he is doing. Trump just took away much of the Palestinians leverage and forced them to the table before they lose all their leverage. The clock is now working against the Palestinians... tick - tock....

I might disagree. He's a terrible negotiator. Bankruptcy...defaulting on the Deutchbank loan, etc.

The only people he successfully negotiates with are Russians...but, what we don't know...is who owns his marker, or, when the chickens come home to roost.

So...this announcement...what was the quid pro quo? What did Trump (and the US) get? Nada. He just gave away all his negotiating power. He coulda brokered a deal...but...didn't. Just gave up the farm. Nada in return.

That Hatch and Lee support this doesn't bode well for them back home either. When the BYU/church properties start seeing...issues....well,, we'll see.

Interesting stuff...

https://www.lds.org/ensign/1972/05/t...-land?lang=eng

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BYU_Jerusalem_Center

Holy war...?

http://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/...ainst-mormons/

Who's the puppet master?

https://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/ori...ran-syria.html

Interesting to ponder the long term strategy.

Who benefitted from cheap oil? Who got hurt?

Whacky, crazy stuff.

I think previous administrations were smart to straddle the line...and not to step too far to one side of it. Well, that die appears to have been cast.

We shall see...

Brian, your total lack of business knowledge surprises me. Trump owns over 500 companies and less then a dozen have gone bankrupt. That is an amazing track record for any businessmen.

Also, claiming bankruptcy is not always a bad thing for a company as it allows them room for other options.

Closing a business is not always a bad thing. No reason to toss money down a black hole when it can be invested in more lucrative endeavors.

You need to understand that when Trump was a citizen his loyalty was with his company and not outside interests or banks. In fact a company owner is required by law to do what is best for his company and its share holders. What is best for a company is seldom what is best for outside interests.

As for Palestine no one has been able to broker a deal in 22 years and they were all using the same tactics. Trump didn't give away his negotiating power, he took away the Palestinians time. In business time is always the most important item, much more then money. You can make deals on money, you can add or subtract money, but you can never change time.

I was reading through Trump's twitter feed and noticed that a bunch of women are posting pictures of their naked boobs and saying that their tits would make a better president.

If you want to see the uncensored version, you will have to go to the tweets themselves:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...02355878440960

There are more similar photos form other women on other tweet responses as well. I'm surprised that they have lasted a few days.