Page 28 of 168 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128 ... LastLast

Thread: President Trump

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by hank moon View Post
    "I kind of thought conservatism and the Party of Lincoln stood for something more than one man’s fragile ego and the people determined to protect it."

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/g-file...utm_term=GFile
    It's obvious that your blind to reality, then.

This has NOTHING to do with Trump as a man.

This has to do with taking back our country from 8 years of being run by an individual hell bent on destroying a Republic.

Have you noticed, zero is living up to his name--almost zero legacy left

Have you noticed the swamp is draining from both sides of the isle?

didn't think so.

The only thing a conservative likes about Trumps ego, is the fact it pisses off you and your ilk.......

THAT makes it very acceptable...
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Is this the first shoe to fall??? Doesn't seem to be anything in the indictment linking the trump clan, but maybe it still comes down the road. I wonder if this will effect tax reform at all?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...sia-probe.html

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Have you noticed the swamp is draining from both sides of the isle?
    I haven't noticed the draining of the swamp unless the purpose of draining the swamp is to see what scum is left at bottom of the swamp that can be appointed to the cabinet.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

10. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by hank moon View Post
    It really is amazing. The people most likely to mock “snowflakes” and ask if you’ve been “triggered” have the most Pavlovian responses to criticism of Trump. They can’t seem to handle hearing anyone pointing out Trump’s personal, ideological, political, or managerial failings. To use their lingua franca, it is the stuff of “butthurt.”

I don’t think there’s a single reason for this. It’s more like an arsenal of psychological defense mechanisms. Off the top of my head:

There’s the kneejerk anger at having it pointed out that your hero is out of his depth and that all of your assurances of superhuman skill and winningness were so much naïve piffle. There’s the blind tribal fury of saying things that lend aid and comfort to liberals. And we can’t leave out the discomfort, particularly acute among those with a long record of claiming ideological purity, of having the extent of their capitulation exposed.

Which brings us to the enabling. Everyone understands Trump can’t help himself. The rest of us, therefore, should make allowances for that and not provoke him. “You should have known Dad would fly off the handle!” So Trump is held to one standard and everyone else to another. Ted Cruz is right that the Republicans have work to do. But who has taken his eye off the ball more than anyone else in Washington? Hint: It’s not Jeff Flake, it’s not Bob Corker, and it’s not Ben Sasse. It’s most emphatically not Mitch McConnell, who gave Trump his biggest win — Justice Gorsuch — and who is doing yeoman’s work to get conservatives on the lower courts.

It’s the guy who’d rather fight Gold Star families and rant about the NFL. It’s the guy who talks about revoking licenses for the press and talks about Confederate generals as “our heritage.” But just as there’s no reasoning with Dad when he gets into the Dewar’s, there’s no talking Trump out of his Twitter when he gets into one of his “moods.”

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/g-file...utm_term=GFile
    This is exactly the kind of crap that makes people hate politics. This post right here could easily have been written about supporters of Obama and their lack of "tolerance" of all people who disagree with them all the while preaching "tolerance" to the world and telling everyone about how much smarter they are than the rest of the unwashed masses.

Absolute drivel. Both sides of the political spectrum spew this bile at the other side and ignore their own shortcomings the entire time. It's sickening and as long as this continues, the country will continue to be divided and congress will never get anything done. Riots and protests will continue, and hate crimes will increase in frequency.

All I can say is, lighten up Francis!

12. Likes Iceaxe, rockgremlin, hank moon liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo View Post
    This is exactly the kind of crap that makes people hate politics. This post right here could easily have been written about supporters of Obama and their lack of "tolerance" of all people who disagree with them all the while preaching "tolerance" to the world and telling everyone about how much smarter they are than the rest of the unwashed masses.

Absolute drivel. Both sides of the political spectrum spew this bile at the other side and ignore their own shortcomings the entire time. It's sickening and as long as this continues, the country will continue to be divided and congress will never get anything done. Riots and protests will continue, and hate crimes will increase in frequency.

No disagreement in the general thrust, but public officials and their behavior are more responsible for making "people hate politics" than anything else.

14. Likes devo_stevo, Scott P liked this post
    That's very true. The folks in Washington are happy to subject us all to laws and rules that they consider themselves above. I've long said that if congress had to pay for and use the health insurance that they stuck the rest of us with, they would do something about the problems. But they won't because it's not in their own interest. There are plenty of examples of this disingenuous behavior our there in the public sector. Not just insurance.

“Officials want to know if the Obama administration was involved in the sale of U.S. uranium to Russian companies. One informant could be a game changer.”

Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo View Post

Both sides are in an echo chamber. They talk and feed into what they want to hear on Facebook (or really any format) and get reinforced by their side. Take something you don't have an interest in at all, talk about it for 24 hours on Facebook with a friend then check out your ad feed. It's alarming.

18. Likes devo_stevo liked this post
    Also, I love that I have messengers icons that have not existed in years.... hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    Is this the first shoe to fall??? Doesn't seem to be anything in the indictment linking the trump clan, but maybe it still comes down the road. I wonder if this will effect tax reform at all?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...sia-probe.html
    I think the other shoe is about to drop, which is why Tony Podesta just resigned as head of the Podesta Group. The Podeda brothers are going to get rolled up in the Russia investigation. Their business partner in the Ukraine was Manafort.

Mark my words... The democrats will eventually regret the day they released the Russian unicorn.

/bookmarked

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I think the other shoe is about to drop, which is why Tony Podesta just resigned as head of the Podesta Group. The Podeda brothers are going to get rolled up in the Russia investigation. Their business partner in the Ukraine was Manafort.

Mark my words... The democrats will eventually regret the day they released the Russian unicorn.

/bookmarked
    If they were all found to have illicit activities with Russia they should ALL go down. Russia is Russia and should be and always considered an enemy of the State by all parties.

Today is the first time in a long time that Stefan and DirkHammergate have posted. Coincidence, or Russian conspiracy?
    Blog | FB

Am I the only one who is sick of hearing about Russia (from both sides)? Add the NFL and statues to the list.

I want to hear about health care getting better and fixing infrastructure. What happened to the promises of negotiating with pharmaceutical companies to make prescriptions more affordable?
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

24. Likes devo_stevo, rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Udink View Post
    Today is the first time in a long time that Stefan and DirkHammergate have posted. Coincidence, or Russian conspiracy?
    Yeah, where has Dirk been this whole time?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    Am I the only one who is sick of hearing about Russia (from both sides)? Add the NFL and statues to the list.

I want to hear about health care getting better and fixing infrastructure. What happened to the promises of negotiating with pharmaceutical companies to make prescriptions more affordable?
    Healthcare is going to have to totally crater before it gets fix. It's going to get a lot worse before it can get better. Our Senator's and Representatives are going to make us do this the hard way.

But in other news....

The economy is finally rolling along at a nice pace. Anyone with their head not stuck up their ass should be banking coin right now.

Unemployment is nearing record lows.

The stock market is hitting record highs and making record gains.

Inflation is way down.

The court system is being stocked with Constitutional/conservative judges, which will resonate through our history and chart our American course for the next 50 years

Tax reform is on deck next.

I'm finding it hard to bitch... yes I'd like to see more, and yes I'd like to kick a couple of people right in the nuts starting with John McCain, but for the most part I'm pretty happy after only 9 months.

Anyhoo.... lots of positives and lots of shit getting done. If the news outlets you listen to fail to report on any of it and only wants to chase the Russian unicorn perhaps you should reconsider where you obtain your news?

27. Likes nelsonccc liked this post