Page 2 of 168 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: President Trump

The US didn't start the war in the Middle East. The Middle East has been at war for 2000 years.
    Actually for more than 4000 years (which is enough hindsight to know that we couldn't force a peaceful pro-US democracy there just because we got rid of Saddam). Just because a hornet's next exists and produces oil, doesn't mean we have to constantly poke it. We did contribute to the latest mess and refugee situation there; I don't think that can be argued.

Blaming the US is an extremely over simplification as the Second Gulf War was a direct result of the First Gulf War when Iraq invaded Kuwait.
    Don't forget that the US armed and supported Saddam before the invasion.

And if you remember correctly Saddam was killing his own people in mass which was also part of the Second Gulf War, in other words the US was trying to be compassionate.
    Saddam was also killing when the US was still supporting him. The gassing of the Kurds which was often mentioned as justification of the invasion actually happened in 1988 when Saddam when we were supporting him.

Anyway, this could lead to some very long conversations about the history of the region, but is off topic since Trump wasn't at fault for Iraq.

The only thing I will add is that if I lived in those areas, I would want to migrate here too. That said though, I would do everything I could to assimilate into the country that was generous to accept me. Immigrants don't have to give up their cultural identity, but they should follow the laws and customs of their host countries.

Being compassionate towards the oppressed isn't a bad thing, but it is admittedly hard to separate the refugees who want to get away from oppression from those who want to kill and oppress. Personally, I can't fault Sweden for trying to be compassionate.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Deja vu....

I think we've been here before when I last stated that Islam is inherently and by definition inconsistent with the separation of church and state, which makes it incompatible with western society.

I think we've been here before when I last stated that Islam is inherently and by definition inconsistent with the separation of church and state, which makes it incompatible with western society.
    Then why spend trillions of dollars and hundreds of thousands of lives to force a democracy on them? Here's some deja vu for you (one of the many speeches justifying the war):

Our commitment to democracy is also tested in the Middle East, which is my focus today, and must be a focus of American policy for decades to come. In many nations of the Middle East — countries of great strategic importance — democracy has not yet taken root. And the questions arise: Are the peoples of the Middle East somehow beyond the reach of liberty? Are millions of men and women and children condemned by history or culture to live in despotism? Are they alone never to know freedom, and never even to have a choice in the matter? I, for one, do not believe it. I believe every person has the ability and the right to be free. (Applause.)

Some skeptics of democracy assert that the traditions of Islam are inhospitable to the representative government. This “cultural condescension,” as Ronald Reagan termed it, has a long history. After the Japanese surrender in 1945, a so-called Japan expert asserted that democracy in that former empire would “never work.” Another observer declared the prospects for democracy in post-Hitler Germany are, and I quote, “most uncertain at best” — he made that claim in 1957. Seventy-four years ago, The Sunday London Times declared nine-tenths of the population of India to be “illiterates not caring a fig for politics.” Yet when Indian democracy was imperiled in the 1970s, the Indian people showed their commitment to liberty in a national referendum that saved their form of government.

Time after time, observers have questioned whether this country, or that people, or this group, are “ready” for democracy — as if freedom were a prize you win for meeting our own Western standards of progress. In fact, the daily work of democracy itself is the path of progress. It teaches cooperation, the free exchange of ideas, and the peaceful resolution of differences. As men and women are showing, from Bangladesh to Botswana, to Mongolia, it is the practice of democracy that makes a nation ready for democracy, and every nation can start on this path.

It should be clear to all that Islam — the faith of one-fifth of humanity — is consistent with democratic rule. Democratic progress is found in many predominantly Muslim countries — in Turkey and Indonesia, and Senegal and Albania, Niger and Sierra Leone. Muslim men and women are good citizens of India and South Africa, of the nations of Western Europe, and of the United States of America.

More than half of all the Muslims in the world live in freedom under democratically constituted governments. They succeed in democratic societies, not in spite of their faith, but because of it. A religion that demands individual moral accountability, and encourages the encounter of the individual with God, is fully compatible with the rights and responsibilities of self-government.

Also, don't forget that Saddam was a secular dictator rather than a Islamic extremists. I think we're beating a dead horse here though.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Trump's latest tweet:

Name:  trump.JPG
Views: 768
Size:  40.2 KB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    Trump's latest tweet:

Name:  trump.JPG
Views: 768
Size:  40.2 KB
    Ahahaha! good stuff right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

So... how many honorable mentions did The Donald get tonight at the Oscar's?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    So... how many honorable mentions did The Donald get tonight at the Oscar's?

Name:  behold-the-field-in-which-i-grow-my-****s.jpg
Views: 869
Size:  46.7 KB
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Yeah...their little Trump bashing party was hummin' along real nice until they puked all over themselves at the end. Kind of ironic, isn't it...snatching trophies away from each other.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

So La La Land won the popular vote and Moonlight won the electoral vote?

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    So La La Land won the popular vote
    I downloaded it via Torrent but it doesn't look interesting enough to even play in the background as I'm working. Delete.

Looks like the worlds biggest snowflake isn't tough enough to take a few jokes. Probably too many triggers and not enough participation trophies for him. No doubt he we be happier in his safe space.

http://www.npr.org/2017/02/25/517257...espondents-din

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    No doubt he we be happier in his safe space.
    You think he bailed on this because he's afraid of getting his feelings hurt? I'd say he simply doesn't give a shit. Why would he want to spend an evening hobnobbing around with a bunch of sniveling freaks? That's Spicer's job.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Why in the hell would Trump want to show up at the WH correspondence dinner? What would he gain? Would it benefit his agenda in anyway?

Typically the POTUS is the final speaker at the corresondents dinner. DT could make it a media roast throwing the final flames.

Quote Originally Posted by double moo View Post
    Typically the POTUS is the final speaker at the corresondents dinner. DT could make it a media roast throwing the final flames.
    And this would benefit Trump's agenda how? Not to mention many in the media were taking of boycotting to make a point, this was just a preemptive strike. Kind of hard for the media to boycott to make a point when they were already beat to the punch.

The funny part of all this is the media crying that they can't boycott because they are being boycotted... LOL

Nothing to do with his agenda.... just to make him feel better.

If a girl scout egged your house would you buy cookies from her?

White House deputy press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders

Forget Eric Clapton...Trump is God. That guy is absolutely fantastic. That was the best speech I've ever heard a President give.

Christ Almighty...those Democrats couldn't run out of that place fast enough!
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

20. Likes nelsonccc liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    You think he bailed on this because he's afraid of getting his feelings hurt? I'd say he simply doesn't give a shit. Why would he want to spend an evening hobnobbing around with a bunch of sniveling freaks? That's Spicer's job.
    Exactly. To think that he would bow out of this because of what people say after the year he's had? No way. He just doesn't care. Good for him!
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    Looks like the worlds biggest snowflake isn't tough enough to take a few jokes. Probably too many triggers and not enough participation trophies for him. No doubt he we be happier in his safe space.

http://www.npr.org/2017/02/25/517257...espondents-din
    I'm starting to think you're trolling, acting like an anti Trump guy, and a damned good one.

Otherwise, I know you don't believe he's skipping this because of bad jokes. This event is one of many that solidified his intent to win the presidency, when ass clown Seth Myers mocked him for running.

In a way that he won't admit, Trump welcomes crap from naysayers, because he knows he can shove their face in it almost immediately when he wins, and this revenge has been served so often.

So yeah, I have no idea why he's not attending, nor do I have the slightest interest in researching to find out why, but I can confidently say that it's not from anxiety of bad jokes.