Page 61 of 168 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 3351

Thread: President Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    LOL they were actually LEAVING the United States.

And, they were leaving because the murderous anti Mormon bigots were so intolerant, they were killing them because of their beliefs. Plenty of parents and children died on the journey, and you compare that to kids being temporarily held for paperwork.
    Umm no, actually I compare it to leaving El Salvador and trying to figure out a way to get to the US border to seek asylum. As bad as things may have been in 19th century Missouri, I'd take it over where these kids are coming from.

For the most part these aren't people being caught crossing the boarder, but are turning themselves in and asking for help. I understand the idea that we can't just open the boarders and let everyone who wants in, but I don't see how people can defend the policy of taking kids and putting them in cages.

2. Likes blueeyes liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The only reason the separation of children from their parents at the border is an issue is because Russia didn't work, gun control didn't work and Stormy Daniels didn't work.

The Democrats need something to distract from heir high level crimes and this is just the latest craze.

And just for the record... there has been a 314% increase in adults showing up at the border with kids they are not related to, that is not family, that is child trafficking.

5. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    but I don't see how people can defend the policy of taking kids and putting them in cages.
    Yeah Trump is such an asshole he figured out how to cage kids since 2014

Umm no, actually I compare it to leaving El Salvador and trying to figure out a way to get to the US border to seek asylum. As bad as things may have been in 19th century Missouri, I'd take it over where these kids are coming from.
    Sounds like El Salvador is a Shithole.

It makes waiting safely in a fence for a bit sound like easy street.

Or would a drywall room with a locked door be better?

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

9. Likes twotimer liked this post
    In all seriousness though, what should happen with these kids at the border?

For the most part these aren't people being caught crossing the boarder, but are turning themselves in and asking for help. I understand the idea that we can't just open the boarders and let everyone who wants in, but I don't see how people can defend the policy of taking kids and putting them in cages.
    You are wrong, families presenting themselves at a border crossing and seeking asylum through proper channels were never (with some legal exceptions) being separated. Those caught crossing illegally with children were being separated.....

....but not like liberals don't always try and muddy the waters and confuse thee issue..... same thing as when liberals try and confuse illegal immigrant with (legal) immigrant. They are always trying to confuse the less educated or poorly informed.

Anyhoo.... doesn't matter now, Trump just signed an executive order (alla Obama) stopping the practice. But the problem with executive orders as we have all seen as they can be undone by the next guy with the stroke of a pen.

CONGRESS needs to fix this, blaming this on any President is stupid as there is little he can do, this is Congresses problem and they need to get off their ass and fix this.

YMMV

12. Likes blueeyes, rockgremlin liked this post
    In all seriousness though, what should happen with these kids at the border?
    Are you asking about those seeking asylum legally by presenting themselves at a border crossing and requesting asylum? Or those caught trying to cross the border illegally?

For those attempting to cross legally there is already a pretty good system in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Are you asking about those seeking asylum legally by presenting themselves at a border crossing and requesting asylum? Or those caught trying to cross the border illegally?

For those attempting to cross legally there is already a pretty good system in place.
    Those on the ground seem to disagree. https://www.texasmonthly.com/news/wh...ies-separated/

An excerpt
    TM:
    So, just so I make sure I understand: the parents come in and say, “We’re persecuted” or give some reason for asylum. They come in. And then their child or children are taken away and they’re in lockup for at least six weeks away from the kids and often don’t know where the kids are. Is that what’s happening under zero tolerance?
    AC: So the idea of zero tolerance under the stated policy is that we don’t care why you’re afraid. We don’t care if it’s religion, political, gangs, anything. For all asylum seekers, you are going to be put in jail, in a detention center, and you’re going to have your children taken away from you. That’s the policy. They’re not 100 percent able to implement that because of a lot of reasons, including just having enough judges on the border. And bed space. There’s a big logistical problem because this is a new policy. So the way they get to that policy of taking the kids away and keeping the adults in detention centers and the kids in a different federal facility is based on the legal rationale that we’re going to convict you, and since we’re going to convict you, you’re going to be in the custody of the U.S. Marshals, and when that happens, we’re taking your kid away. So they’re not able to convict everybody of illegal entry right now just because there aren’t enough judges on the border right now to hear the number of cases that come over, and then they say if you have religious persecution or political persecution or persecution on something that our asylum definition recognizes, you can fight that case behind bars at an immigration detention center. And those cases take two, three, four, five, six months. And what happens to your child isn’t really our concern. That is, you have made the choice to bring your child over illegally. And this is what’s going to happen.

15. Likes blueeyes liked this post
    Those on the ground seem to disagree. https://www.texasmonthly.com/news/wh...ies-separated/

An excerpt
    TM:
    So, just so I make sure I understand: the parents come in and say, “We’re persecuted” or give some reason for asylum. They come in. And then their child or children are taken away and they’re in lockup for at least six weeks away from the kids and often don’t know where the kids are. Is that what’s happening under zero tolerance?
    AC: So the idea of zero tolerance under the stated policy is that we don’t care why you’re afraid. We don’t care if it’s religion, political, gangs, anything. For all asylum seekers, you are going to be put in jail, in a detention center, and you’re going to have your children taken away from you. That’s the policy. They’re not 100 percent able to implement that because of a lot of reasons, including just having enough judges on the border. And bed space. There’s a big logistical problem because this is a new policy. So the way they get to that policy of taking the kids away and keeping the adults in detention centers and the kids in a different federal facility is based on the legal rationale that we’re going to convict you, and since we’re going to convict you, you’re going to be in the custody of the U.S. Marshals, and when that happens, we’re taking your kid away. So they’re not able to convict everybody of illegal entry right now just because there aren’t enough judges on the border right now to hear the number of cases that come over, and then they say if you have religious persecution or political persecution or persecution on something that our asylum definition recognizes, you can fight that case behind bars at an immigration detention center. And those cases take two, three, four, five, six months. And what happens to your child isn’t really our concern. That is, you have made the choice to bring your child over illegally. And this is what’s going to happen.
    #FakeNews

If you read this they are again mingling those seeking asylum through legal channels and those caught illegally crossing the border, and then requesting asylum.

Muddy the waters and confuse the issues to keep the idiot's screaming its Trumps fault.

And the bottomline has still not changed.... Congress needs to quit weaponizing the issue and fix the problem...

Holy shit! Oldno layin' it down.

I suppose we'll see if there are enough pissed off, tweaked out people to elect some Dems later on, eh? Cuz this is what it's all about.

Personally, I think the Democrats along with the liberal mass media have been making absolute fools of themselves. The Democrat Party is a friggin' joke.

I'm definitely conservative, but I'll always listen to my friends and clients with different views...but they're political representatives appear straight up crazy. I can only imagine that they must be losing moderate voters in droves.

A little more than 4 months from now.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

18. Likes 2065toyota liked this post
    But--but--
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

refresher
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

If Trump really wants to get the wall built he should come out tomorrow in favor of open borders... LOL...

If the illegals started voting Republican / Conservative, you'd see Cuck Schumer grab some mortar and bricks and start building the wall himself.

26. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    If the illegals started voting Republican / Conservative, you'd see Cuck Schumer grab some mortar and bricks and start building the wall himself.
    fakenews. Since you know, illegals can't vote and all.

Also it needs to be said that very few people on the left are actually calling for open borders. But it does make a sweet strawman for you guys.

fakenews. Since you know, illegals can't vote and all.

Also it needs to be said that very few people on the left are actually calling for open borders. But it does make a sweet strawman for you guys.
    Well that is one of the BIG problems for Democrats at the moment.... the Democrats have no clear and unified message on immigration, or anything else for that matter, outside of obstruct Trump.

The Democrats better get their shit together or this November is going to be a cold and lonely month for them.