Page 135 of 168 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,700 of 3351

Thread: President Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Hahaha... you don't follow politics much do you. When the Republican House impeached Clinton in 1998 his popularity among the public skyrocketed and assured his reelection in 2000 and was a trainwreck for the GOP.

There is not a chance in hell an impeachment would result in his removal from office as it would also take 60% of the Senate.

Bottomline an impeachment would make Democrats look silly.
    Be that as it may, impeaching Trump would be giving the dems exactly what they want. The left have been clamoring for Trump's impeachment ever since he took office, and to just succumb to it would feel like a major victory for the dems.

I realize that impeachment would not remove him from office, but I highly doubt impeaching Trump is going to cause his popularity to skyrocket like it did for Clinton. If anything it would tarnish his reputation among the masses --- because the masses are comprised of politically ignorant idiots like me who think impeachment is a major political defeat.

And for a guy like Trump who is used to winning all the time, impeachment might knock him down a few pegs in the eyes of the average voter.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I don't think he is trying to get impeached, but I do think he is doing everything he can to try to make the far left the face of the Dems. He will keep ripping on those 4 to force all the other Dems to defend them. Now Pelosi and the old guard is in a position where if they criticize AOC or the others, they will be on the same "side" as Trump. Hell, we already saw AOC play the race card against Pelosi just last week, I bet the D's will now be scared shitless to say anything against the far left, and if they do the social media loons will pounce. Over the last decade or so the GOP has made Pelosi into a far left boogieman. How many political ads in Utah mention her? What do you want to bet that whoever the GOP runs against McAdams has more commercials mentioning Omar than McAdams? And as much as the twitterverse loves the so called squad, I don't think most voters do. And as repulsive of a human as Trump is, he is smart and knows how to win. And pissing off a bunch of people in blue states doesn't bother him at all. But he knows that things like the green new deal, reparations, white privilege, free healthcare for illegals, open borders, ect. will not play well for working class Americans in PA, OH, MI, FL, WI. All those states that you need if you want to be president. Long story short, barring a major recession I think Trump walks away with it in 2020.
    Thanos was right

4. Likes BasinCruiser, twotimer liked this post
    Trump is forcing people to show their hand, that's all. He's forcing Pelosi to either side with the Squad, or condemn them, and the Dems are watching.

Trump's gonna be just fine. He's playing everybody.

Trump destroys his enemies not by silencing them, but by sunlighting them - like vampires. He puts them center-stage, hands them the mic and lets them destroy themselves. He is not trying to make Democrats stop being Democrats, He is making them show who they really are.

This is why Trump is pushing for the Democrats to impeach him. The American public will not stand for the impeachment of a President that has done nothing wrong, even if they hate him. Trump has already successfully divided the Democratic party.

YMMV

Out of curiosity, what do the Dems propose is grounds for impeachment?

And I know if you walked up the average liberal and put that question to them their response would be "what isn't grounds for impeachment," which is a non-answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Hahaha... you don't follow politics much do you. When the Republican House impeached Clinton in 1998 his popularity among the public skyrocketed and assured his reelection in 2000 and was a trainwreck for the GOP.
    What, what, whaaat?
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    I don't think he is trying to get impeached, but I do think he is doing everything he can to try to make the far left the face of the Dems. He will keep ripping on those 4 to force all the other Dems to defend them. Now Pelosi and the old guard is in a position where if they criticize AOC or the others, they will be on the same "side" as Trump. Hell, we already saw AOC play the race card against Pelosi just last week, I bet the D's will now be scared shitless to say anything against the far left, and if they do the social media loons will pounce. Over the last decade or so the GOP has made Pelosi into a far left boogieman. How many political ads in Utah mention her? What do you want to bet that whoever the GOP runs against McAdams has more commercials mentioning Omar than McAdams? And as much as the twitterverse loves the so called squad, I don't think most voters do. And as repulsive of a human as Trump is, he is smart and knows how to win. And pissing off a bunch of people in blue states doesn't bother him at all. But he knows that things like the green new deal, reparations, white privilege, free healthcare for illegals, open borders, ect. will not play well for working class Americans in PA, OH, MI, FL, WI. All those states that you need if you want to be president. Long story short, barring a major recession I think Trump walks away with it in 2020.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I also think the Dems would need someone who appears capable of outperforming Trump...there 'aint nobody. I think that's probably the only chance they would have at this point.

If Trump wins I may be able to retire outright within 3 years...not even bother with little jobs for mad money. Folks in their 20s thru 40s could see double digit gains with their retirement accounts. You bet your ass I'm voting for him again...anybody with sense would do the same...except for those that are all bent out of shape.

Everything was supposed to nosedive with that dude, huh? On the contrary...I'd say 5 more years of Trump will work just fine.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    If Trump wins I may be able to retire outright within 3 years...not even bother with little jobs for mad money. Folks in their 20s thru 40s could see double digit gains with their retirement accounts. You bet your ass I'm voting for him again...anybody with sense would do the same...except for those that are all bent out of shape.
    Trump has created an enormous amount of wealth in this country and the number of freshly minted millionaires is staggering, over 700,000 in 2017 and over 900,000 in 2018 and 2019 is on track for the best year yet.

Climb-Utah.com

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I also think the Dems would need someone who appears capable of outperforming Trump...there 'aint nobody. I think that's probably the only chance they would have at this point.

Everything was supposed to nosedive with that dude, huh? On the contrary...I'd say 5 more years of Trump will work just fine.

Concur, its looking solid that I'll be retiring in the next 2 years and starting my next phase of life by buying an RV park somewhere in Central Utah, likely the Fillmore KOA or South Forty in Marysvale!
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

12. Likes devo_stevo liked this post
    Name:  AC831C27-4A9F-46D2-8ACF-614F290DD98A.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  29.8 KB

14. Likes Iceaxe liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce View Post
    Concur, its looking solid that I'll be retiring in the next 2 years and starting my next phase of life by buying an RV park somewhere in Central Utah, likely the Fillmore KOA or South Forty in Marysvale!
    When you're ready let me know and I'll help you get it financed. :)

By the way, remember when the GOP didn't like deficit spending and debt? Or is that only under Dems? The economy is great and all right now, but when the economy does go into a recession, I bet the shit really hits the fan and the deficits we saw in the first Obama years will be like a drop in the bucket.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...d-nobody-cares
    Thanos was right

When you're ready let me know and I'll help you get it financed. :)

By the way, remember when the GOP didn't like deficit spending and debt? Or is that only under Dems? The economy is great and all right now, but when the economy does go into a recession, I bet the shit really hits the fan and the deficits we saw in the first Obama years will be like a drop in the bucket.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...d-nobody-cares
    This is my biggest gripe with Trump. If there's anything that will destroy this country (besides ourselves), it's going to be debt. It's terrible for individuals and families and it terrible for a country. You can't move forward when you can't pay for your past and we are rapidly approaching a time when we won't be able to pay for our past or present spending habits.

Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo View Post
    This is my biggest gripe with Trump. If there's anything that will destroy this country (besides ourselves), it's going to be debt. It's terrible for individuals and families and it terrible for a country. You can't move forward when you can't pay for your past and we are rapidly approaching a time when we won't be able to pay for our past or present spending habits.
    Don't worry. We'll just print more $$$. Problem solved.

I'm not worried about the debt at all...never have been. They'll be borrowing from the yet to be born for as far as the eye can see. Someday, some moves will have to be made, and not one of us will have the slightest smidgen of influence.

Congress spends the money. The Presidents are helpless, really.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

President Trump

Rashida Tlaib physically removed from 2016 Trump event screaming 'you guys are crazy!'

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca View Post
    Rashida Tlaib physically removed from 2016 Trump event screaming 'you guys are crazy!'

I can't get the video to load, but she has a point. Most of the videos you see of Trump rally's are filled with loons that most on this board would avoid spending time with in real life. Goes for most political rally's but the MAGA crowd seems to be a little bit nuttier than the rest.

Plus of you look at the fat thread, you will see that Trump country really correlates with obesity.
    Thanos was right

...the MAGA crowd seems to be a little bit nuttier than the rest....Trump country really correlates with obesity.

22. Likes uintafly liked this post
    t the MAGA crowd seems to be a little bit nuttier than the rest.

I mean really, besides the WORST thing the media can point to at the rally is a group chanting "Send her back" or "Lock her up", it pales in comparison

Those are riots and protests though, not political rally's. A little different.
    Thanos was right

the MAGA crowd seems to be a little bit nuttier than the rest.

Let's not forget these folks: