Page 36 of 168 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: President Trump

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    And the hits keep coming...MAGA

Donald Trump threatens to cut aid to countries over UN Jerusalem vote
    Trump has got some balls. If Europe and all these other countries want to fund the Palestinian Mafia, I say let them.

All these democrat skeletons are falling out of closets. Now we've got Hezbollah cocaine and money laundering to the DNC. The laundering tied to the agents trying to get Trump.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    And soon--the FBI, DOJ, Trump Dossier tied to hillary and dnc is about to implode.

Andrew McCabe forgot everything yesterday under oath and conflicted prior fbi testimony.

MAGA
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

And the hits keep coming...MAGA

Donald Trump threatens to cut aid to countries over UN Jerusalem vote
    It wouldn't hurt my feelings if the US got completely out of the UN. But then I would miss Nikki Haley verbally kicking the shit out of those who oppose us.

I'm still trying to decide if Nikki Haley or Ivana Trump will be our first female US President.

just saw the Republicans fawning over the President and his fantastic leadership - what a sickening display of loathsome toadiness from elected officials..

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_outdoors View Post
    just saw the Republicans fawning over the President and his fantastic leadership - what a sickening display of loathsome toadiness from elected officials..
    And this is different from how the Democrats were always fawning over Obama how?!?

Enquiring minds want to know....

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_outdoors View Post
    Well at least nobody has put a halo over his friggin' head like Rolling Stone did with Obama.

Yeah, the ass kissing is a bit thick...but I'm actually digging' it because more of these congressmen are realizing it would be smart to get on the Trump Train.

Not only is he draining the swamp, the swamp is draining itself, too. Franken, for example. This is all good stuff, IMO.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Obama care is dead!

And @DirkHammergate said Trump hasn't accomplished anything.

One thing I noticed almost no one is talking about is this tax cut just chopped Obama care off at the knees. With the elimination of the healthcare mandate (tax) there is no funding for Obama care.

I figured that's what the Democrats should really be bitching about instead of poor people who pay no taxes not getting a bunch of money from the tax cut.

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    Say what you will about Trump (Lord knows I have), but this is a massive accomplishment for Trump and the GOP. Even if you think the new tax code is a massive giveaway to the rich, you have to admit it's going to look real good to his base. Who knows what it will do long term to the national debt, but will probably spur on the economy for a few years anyway.

Based on the online calculators I can find, I will save between $8,000 and $10,000 next year. Not a windfall by any stretch but I will take it.
    From what I can tell this tax cut is going to be great for me as all three of my business are "pass-through's" (S-Corps and LLC's), which means I get a 20% deduction on that money.

My house is also paid for, which means we just take the standard deduction, because without a mortgage itemizing is seldom in your benefit, so the doubling of the standard deduction also plays in my favor.

Keeping a lot more of my hard earned money in my pocket, the stock market booming and setting records almost daily, the economy finally igniting after being stalled for 10 years. What's not to like?

#MAGA

10. Likes nelsonccc liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    From what I can tell this tax cut is going to be great for me as all three of my business are "pass-through's" (S-Corps and LLC's), which means I get a 20% deduction on that money.

My house is also paid for, which means we just take the standard deduction, because without a mortgage itemizing is seldom in your benefit, so the doubling of the standard deduction also plays in my favor.

Keeping a lot more of my hard earned money in my pocket, the stock market booming and setting records almost daily, the economy finally igniting after being stalled for 10 years. What's not to like?

#MAGA
    Yeah, that last minute pass through income deduction was a nice little change for you. It's gonna finally be enough to get me not being so lazy with my money and pick up some investment real estate this year. The price is high right now, but there is still so much demand for housing along the Wasatch Front that multifamily is still probably a decent investment.

This should also render a final verdict on supply side economics. Has there ever been an industrialized country with tax rates this low? If the economy is still cranking along 3-5 years from now, it will be hard to argue with the success. It's going to be an interesting few years, but like Devo Steve points out, the debt is at some point going to be an issue. Sure would be nice if we could at least stop the deficit for a few years.

I also get a chuckle out of people paying no or almost no taxes complaining that they aren't getting enough of a break on this. I see no good reason why any tax credit should ever be refundable after someone has a tax bill of $0.

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    but like Devo Steve points out, the debt is at some point going to be an issue. Sure would be nice if we could at least stop the deficit for a few years.
    I used to worry about the National Debit until I began to understand it better and stopped listening to those using it as a scare tacit.

The scary part is every person in the US is responsible for $60,890 of the debit. The part they always fail to tell you when quoting that number is every person in the US also has $393,391 in assets by the same measure.

Anyhoo... if anyone is really interested in understanding what I'm talking about here is a good article from Forbes.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michael...d-i-dont-care/

I used to worry about the National Debit until I began to understand it better and stopped listening to those using it as a scare tacit.

The scary part is every person in the US is responsible for $60,890 of the debit. The part they always fail to tell you when quoting that number is every person in the US also has $393,391 in assets by the same measure.

Anyhoo... if anyone is really interested in understanding what I'm talking about here is a good article from Forbes.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michael...d-i-dont-care/

While this may be true for now, there will come a day when it's very much not true. The current trends of overspending on cars, houses, and other consumer goods by Americans is going to catch up with all of us. As the national debt climbs higher and higher at an ever increasing rate, the average net worth of the average household will fall. When that ratio flips, we'll see some real problems.

Either way, it's a mess that will end in real problems for the US one of these days.

Much more MAGA

World leaders rebuking the United States at the United Nations shouldn’t expect the American people any longer to “pay for the privilege of being disrespected,” U.S. Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley warned Thursday.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/nikki-haley-warns-un-americans-dont-want-to-pay-for-the-privilege-of-being-disrespected/article/2644143
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I believe this goes hand in hand with what Devo says about our debt.
    If we first take care of our problems first, we will be in a much better position to relinquish the debt.
    If we keep spending billions on countries who hate us, it is a lose.

Time to drop the UN!
    We do not need them AND they cannot survive without us.

If Trump would work towards us dropping out it would be a yugely big deal...
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

And now this is coming back up for a look.

Uranium one.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...e-deal-n831436
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

And now this is coming back up for a look.

Uranium one.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...e-deal-n831436
    Obama's big claim to fame "no major scandals under my watch", is going to come around and bite him on the ass.

/bookmarked

Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo View Post
    While this may be true for now, there will come a day when it's very much not true. The current trends of overspending on cars, houses, and other consumer goods by Americans is going to catch up with all of us. As the national debt climbs higher and higher at an ever increasing rate, the average net worth of the average household will fall. When that ratio flips, we'll see some real problems.

Either way, it's a mess that will end in real problems for the US one of these days.
    I don't disagree the US debit is a major issue, I'm just saying it's not as scary as some would like you to believe.

The US debit scared the crap out of me when I was 25 because I was told my generation would eventually have to pay it. As I'm nearing retirement age I can now see we are just going to kick the can down the road and make it someone else's problem. I'll be dead and long gone when the bill eventually comes due.

Let the whiny candyass Millenials figure it out when it's their turn as they think they have the answer for everything... LMAO

20. Likes rockgremlin liked this post

#MAGA
    Same here. Using the calculator for my family and the firm shows a major wind fall for us. We've hired 5 people in the last month and gave out $10K bonuses to most of the upper staff. #MAGA
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    Same here. Using the calculator for my family and the firm shows a major wind fall for us. We've hired 5 people in the last month and gave out $10K bonuses to most of the upper staff. #MAGA
    All my employees received one full months wage for their Christmas bonus. It's been a couple years since we have been able to be so generous.

I guess I should mention to them that Trump is partially responsible for the bonus as a couple of them were big Hillary supporters.

...a couple of them were big Hillary supporters.

I didn't know @stefan was a mechanical engineer...
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.