Page 90 of 168 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 3351

Thread: President Trump

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The Peanuts one was posted like 3 days ago already by Oldno7 I think.

And wasn't it you who posted that one of the girl's rear less than a week ago? (not that I'm complaining)

Meme barrel must be running low...
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post

Middle America in the end will vote their pocketbook, they always have and they always will.

#MAGA
    Quote Originally Posted by article
    Internal GOP Poll: 'We've Lost the Messaging Battle'on Tax Cuts

A survey commissioned by the Republican National Committee has led the party to a glum conclusion regarding President Donald Trump’s signature legislative achievement: Voters overwhelmingly believe his tax overhaul helps the wealthy instead of average Americans.

By a 2-to-1 margin -- 61 percent to 30 percent -- respondents said the law benefits “large corporations and rich Americans” over “middle class families,” according to the survey, which was completed on Sept. 2 by the GOP firm Public Opinion Strategies and obtained by Bloomberg News.

The result was fueled by self-identified independent voters who said by a 36-point margin that large corporations and rich Americans benefit more from the tax law -- a result that was even more lopsided among Democrats. Republican voters said by a 38-point margin that the middle class benefits more.

When it comes to approval for the tax overhaul, American voters remain torn -- 44 percent favor it and 45 percent oppose it.

“Voters are evenly divided on the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act,” the RNC-commissioned report said. “But, we’ve lost the messaging battle on the issue.”

rest of article:
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...s?srnd=premium

^^^Interesting article stefan. Really illustrates the point when the person claiming that "America will vote with their pocketbooks" is the same guy posting pics of his newly restored sports car and asking where's the best place to vacation in Mexico.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I have a serious question... what is considered wealthy?

FWIW - you only have to make $32,400 a year to be in the top 1% of wealthiest people in the world.

https://www.investopedia.com/article...cent-world.asp

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    I have a serious question... what is considered wealthy?

So I think I see the problem here with the messaging... no one can describe wealthy.

Wealthy=drives a nicer car and lives in a bigger house than me.

The problem is is that there is real wealth and fake wealth. The trick is knowing the difference. If you make $300,000 a year and spend every penny you won’t have anything when you stop working. Or you won’t be able to stop working. You’ll look wealthy but you aren’t.

Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo View Post
    Wealthy=drives a nicer car and lives in a bigger house than me.

The problem is is that there is real wealth and fake wealth. The trick is knowing the difference. If you make $300,000 a year and spend every penny you won’t have anything when you stop working. Or you won’t be able to stop working. You’ll look wealthy but you aren’t.
    Oh I totally agree there is a huge difference between looking wealthy and being wealthy. I know several wealthy people (multimillionaire's) and you would never guess their real net worth by looking at them.

The funny thing about your post is I was thinking about how I would answer the question and it was "those with more money than me are rich and those with less are poor."

Climb-Utah.com

My kids ask if I'm rich, and I just tell them about my post count on bogley.

16. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    My kids ask if I'm rich, and I just tell them about my post count on bogley.
    yea but you're still not spartacus
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

Wealth is relative
    I believe you meant to say "Wealth is A relative" meaning you did nothing other than being born with a silver spoon in your mouth.
    Life is Good

19. Likes Sombeech, oldno7 liked this post
    Wealth is relative
    Yup, a $2MM net worth and $250k in income is a lot different in SF than it is in Kanab.

To me, wealthy is enough dependable, passive income to not have to worry about work, and to be able to make recreation purchases without really considering costs all that much. Want a new bike, even though you already have 5? who cares, get it.

If you are spending time shopping around for anything less than $10k, you are not wealthy in my book. If you have a great job and make great money, but can't retire tomorrow if you'd like, you are not wealthy.

YMMV

21. Likes rockgremlin, oldno7 liked this post
    Are you muthrfckers melting down?

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    Yup, a $2MM net worth and $250k in income is a lot different in SF than it is in Kanab.

To me, wealthy is enough dependable, passive income to not have to worry about work, and to be able to make recreation purchases without really considering costs all that much. Want a new bike, even though you already have 5? who cares, get it.

If you are spending time shopping around for anything less than $10k, you are not wealthy in my book. If you have a great job and make great money, but can't retire tomorrow if you'd like, you are not wealthy.

YMMV
    Well said
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?