Thread: North Dakota, feds address garbage left at pipeline protest camp

North Dakota, feds address garbage left at pipeline protest camp

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...t-at-pipeline/

Well I must say, I've had this environmentalist mindset all wrong. As somebody who goes outdoors weekly, I've been accused of hating the environment and outdoors (and little orphan children with cancer, let's just get that out of the way). But then the self proclaimed environmentalists that protest the pipeline for preservation of the land and ground water, leave so much trash and human feces at the site it could fill 2,500 pickup trucks. Boy oh boy do I have this all mixed up!

And get this, the Native Americans ASKED THEM TO LEAVE. Anyways, it's an interesting read. Most of this trash has a good chance of ending up in the river if it's not cleaned up immediately.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

But then the self proclaimed environmentalists that protest the pipeline for preservation of the land and ground water, leave so much trash and human feces at the site it could fill 2,500 pickup trucks. Boy oh boy do I have this all mixed up!
    No real environmentalist (or any other decent person for that matter) would advocate leaving all that trash behind. Yes, it is sad. Apparently they are searching for bodies too as some may have died during the protests.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Blog Entries

North Dakota, feds address garbage left at pipeline protest camp

X2 with Scott.

That was very enlightening to read but I think the genuine environmentalist *actually* cares about their trash would never condone this.

My opinion of who leaves the trash behind are part of the mob-mentality of "everyone else is doing it, some I might as well".

There is an adage in the outdoor forums that says "graffiti begets graffiti". Same could be said about trash.

You have probably seen it at gas stations of where they self-serve soda machines with lids and straws laying right next to them. Once a person leaves their straw wrappers it doesn't take long until there is a pile of trash and unused lids laying on the counter, followed by a continuous line of people who place their trash on top of this growing pile.

It annoys me to no end when I see this and the gas station employee doesn't care either to pick it up, so I will pick it up and toss it all. All of it and everything. And all it took was a literal 10 extra seconds and bam, all the trash was gone. Soon, other people were now throwing their trash away properly.

Long story short - if you want to be a good person, fight against the mob mentality and actually care, even if it isn't your "job".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

There is so much about this whole topic that most people don't know, or have made the knee jerk assumptions. For those that are organizing protests, to travel there and "Fight for the Native Americans", I want to see their face when they are told "Those that you think you are fighting for, do not want you there".

Knowing some types of people, they would brush it off and say "Oh they just don't understand how much we really are helping them. They want this."

Stupid Native Americans, right? They don't know what's best for them.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of Native Americans SUPPORT this pipeline, and us stupid white protectors of everything because we know best, will continue to show up because we know better than the poor souls we are trying to protect.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of Native Americans SUPPORT this pipeline
    The Standing Rock Reservation didn't support it, especially since none of the pipeline actually went through the reservation. Now, if the pipeline went through the reservation and provided money to the reservation, there might have been much less opposition from the tribe. This is just conjecture on my part of course, but money does have a way of changing people's minds.

This map is from the pipeline website itself:

The tribe felt that if there is a spill, the tribe would have to suffer from it, but yet the tribe sees no money or economic benefit from the pipeline.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

"Hignight said the Corps was still working out details about how the shutdown would be handled. Once it’s accomplished, crews will “clean up the land to a pre-protest state,” he said.The effort will be funded through the Corps budget, meaning taxpayers ultimately will foot the bill."

So...long story short, the protests didn't change anything. The pipeline is still going in regardless of everyone's tantrums. Only difference is now I get to pay for some contractor to clean up all of the $hit that all these "environmentalists" couldn't be bothered to clean up themselves.

Wow, all of these protests are really paying off huh?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Wow, all of these protests are really paying off huh?
    They have no other options. Throwing a temper tantrum is the only thing they have left as the adults are all talking in the other room.

9. Likes 2065toyota liked this post