Thread: President's Day Weekend Bust?

President's Day Weekend Bust?

It looks like rain/snow over most of Southern Utah and Colorado. Bummer. I'm still trying to decide if I want to go backbacking anyway.

Is anyone doing anything interesting outdoors? Where are you all headed?
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Swell is looking good for us. We're gonna spend Sunday-Monday there hiking around, staying the night in Hanksville. I have one little adventurer, one little homebody, and one indifferent teen, so we'll be taking it pretty easy, but there will be shakes at Stan's for encouragement.

Already paid for a hotel room in Moab, so I'm in (or, outside, rather) rain or shine. Doing a couples trip with a buddy and our ladies, so prolly gonna be sticking close to roads and doing easy hikes--Kane Creek, Potash Road, maybe hit up Arches and/or Canyonlands I-Sky if it's not too busy.
    Blog | FB

President's Day Weekend Bust?

I made my way to Moab as well. Planned to go down to the Mojave Desert to ride motorcycles there and in Death Valley. Buckets and buckets of rain are predicted.

So I headed to Moab after looking at the best possible weather. I'm planning to ride a bit of Colorado tomorrow in the lower valleys and end up in Vernal tomorrow night. Hoping this huge storm doesn't make it too far east into Colorado.

I'm headed to St George hoping the rain will hold off just long enough for a bike ride or two. But if it rains I may have to look for a trail with more slickrock, like Zen Trail, so I don't create the ruts in the mud.

Man it's going to suck, I hate the outdoors

7. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    You need to come to Colorado for your mountain biking:

https://www.singletracks.com/blog/mt...in-boulder-co/

Boulder Indoor Cycling just opened the doors to its shiny new velodrome and is putting the finishing touches on an indoor mountain bike circuit inside the facility. Boulder Indoor Cycling will join Ray’s Indoor MTB Park in Cleveland, OH as only the second indoor mountain bike facility in the US (that we know of anyway). The mountain bike circuit will lie mostly inside the velodrome track (see map below) meaning space will be tight but that won’t stop designers from adding log bridges, rockpiles, jumps and banked trails.
    Ray’s Indoor MTB Park (photo courtesy RaysMTB.com)

Boulder Indoor Cycling just opened the doors to its shiny new velodrome and is putting the finishing touches on an indoor mountain bike circuit inside the facility. Boulder Indoor Cycling will join Ray’s Indoor MTB Park in Cleveland, OH as only the second indoor mountain bike facility in the US (that we know of anyway). The mountain bike circuit will lie mostly inside the velodrome track (see map below) meaning space will be tight but that won’t stop designers from adding log bridges, rockpiles, jumps and banked trails.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

9. Likes Sombeech liked this post
    POTUS is in Palm Beach, Florida, apparently, between 17 and 21 Feb.

So that shouldn't bust any Presidents Day in Utah.

Name:  Potus1.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  142.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    LOL. Took the words right outta my mouth. You should make your signature line say this.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I took my family to St George over the weekend, and also Las Vegas. I was pretty bummed that it rained all Saturday and I couldn't ride my all time favorite mountain bike trails, but I was able to sneak one in on Monday morning before the drive back. My little mountain bike buddy, 10 year old Porter, was able to join me. We rode the Bear Claw Poppy trail, I figured it would be the best one to ride without causing damage from the rain, and it was good, just a handful of easily avoidable puddles.

I was able to fly a bit too. The Zen Trail sits directly above the Bear Claw Poppy trail, I was hoping to ride it too but this is as close as I got.

This is just a clip, more to come.