Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    I Bogley searched .....
    Try Icevader.......

2. Likes Scott P liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Try Icevader.......

A helmet that protects the entire head; Tom Jones would be proud!
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

5. Likes jman, Iceaxe liked this post
    Other prominent forum members through the eyes of Google:

Iceaxe...
    Name:  452241-fantasy-ator-the-fighting-eagle-poster.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  123.4 KB

Brian in SLC...
    Name:  brian-regan-tv-343201692.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  55.1 KB

Ratagonia...
    Name:  ortolani_ratman_9860.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  16.5 KB

Sombeech...
    Name:  cucumber.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  9.6 KB

And then I googled Governor Herbert...
    Name:  download (1).jpg
Views: 181
Size:  8.8 KB

Seems appropriate. The only thing that motivates Herb is money. That said, he might attempt to kowtow to the OR show, and if he does I really hope the OR goes to Colorado anyway just to spite him. It would be good for him to watch a recurring 45 Million dollar paycheck walk out the door as a result of his uncompromising greed. In other words, I'm not unhappy with the OR show -- I'm unhappy with Herb.

Either way, the OR is under contract to remain in Utah until August of 2018, so they're not going anywhere anytime soon.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

7. Likes jman liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    In my personal opinion, liberals are hypersensitive sissies. Just my personal opinion, of course.
    The liberals told me to present you with this trophy for participating in this thread.

Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Patagonia and the rest of the snowflakes can ETADIK..
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

When did the definition of "Tolerance" change to "Fighting those with a different opinion"?

11. Likes twotimer liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    The liberals told me to present you with this trophy for participating in this thread.
    Oh...just wanted to add another hateful quote to the list you're keeping track of. My participation in this thread has been zilch because I'm a bit ignorant of what the beef really is and the boys in Utah seem to be all over it. But once the "hate" finger started getting pointed and things that I had said got rolled into the conversation, I figured I'd better throw down something to uphold my reputation.

BTW, Scott...my name is Byron. Show some backbone and say it next time.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

but once the "hate" finger started getting pointed and things that I had said got rolled into the conversation
    Jeez Byron. To be honest, I didn't even pay attention to who said what of the comments I cut and pasted. I just searched libtard or liberal and those comments came up. I would have to do another search to see who said what.

There was no mal intent.

My response was to 'Beech was saying that it was the conservatives being the subject of name-calling:

Otherwise, we can just label conservatives as racist litterbugs and hope they surrender because of name calling.

What does that even mean?

Blog Entries

Outdoor Retailer Show Boycott in Utah

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    I find it extremely sad that money always talks and all other issues be damned.
    I read this earlier in the day and can't get over this point. Many members in my family and handfuls of my friends would classify themselves as "conservatives" and it's an echo chamber from everything to money to moral issues to governance.

But you are right, money is always the root of every issue. (Drugs, Marijuna, Alcohol, Gambling, Education, Abortion, Jails/Prisons relocations or expansions, Pipelines, Land Development, and many more).

Here is an example of what I heard today: we were talking about suicide at work and what if you saw a guy on a edge of the building deciding whether or not to jump. My conservative coworkers mostly agreed that they WOULD encourage him to jump. They cite - it's one less person in the world, one less person to feed, one less person to be a drain on someone's family and friends. This was an actual conservation!! They didn't value a persons worth (or soul) but compared his life to $$.

Now I would consider myself as a moderate as I hate the polarization of the two-party system and am telling them that I would be encouraging him NOT to jump as I believe every live is worth it. There are exceptions, of course, as with everything in life, but who are these people to encourage to others to end their lives??

I then turn it around on them and play the Devil's Advocate (which makes it very personal). "Hey Rob, if your daughter or son or dad who has cancer was on that edge, I would be yelling "jump! You are wasting your families money, etc.". That shuts them up real quick when you make it personal like that. To be clear, I would NOT do that in reality. Sometimes, these conservatives need to recognize that money isnt the lowest denonininator and that's how we should base every issue on. $$$

There are more important things in life than the constant pursuit of money. And back to your point, unfortunately for the State of the Utah, the OR show is leaving (confirmed about 20mins ago) after their contract is up primarily because of money.

I think most people FOR the OR show are not the excessive tree-huggers that we imagine in our heads being run over by bulldozers but simply outdoor-minded people wanting access to our federal lands.

And sure, the state could probably manage it better than the Feds in a lot of circumstances. But the State has a knack for selling it to private hands (which we will never get back) or leasing it for oil and coal development which scars that area.

If you look at Vernal and go a little south-east in Google Earth, look at the drilling derricks scattered all over! It literally is jaw-dropping in regard to the amount up there.

I think a lot of environmental people don't want that eye-sore to be all over the Grand Staircase or Zion or Kanab or the Unitas...or Bears Ears.

And mark (or mock) my words, Utah will spruce up their tourism budget this year and hit it hard on TV with Utah ads all over this year to repair the PR image. And we will continue to see more conservation groups and protests than ever before because of this fall out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

15. Likes rockgremlin, devo_stevo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce View Post
    Oh yeah? Well Herbert and friends can ETABAGOFDIKS, so there.

17. Likes rockgremlin liked this post

Well good job Herb......Was it worth it?

Blog Entries
    One thing that the articles didn't mention on either KSL or the Tribune is whether they are staying for the last 3 shows. The OR committee said they are moving "as soon as possible".

●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Colorado (including our governor) is trying to recruit the Outdoor Retailing Show.

Name:  colorado retail.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  116.2 KB

There is quite a difference on the attitude of public lands from the Colorado Governor vs the Utah Governor:

(Governor) Hickenlooper isn’t throwing snowballs at his friend Herbert. The moderate yet liberal-leaning Democrat Hickenlooper and the conservative Republican Herbert “agree on 80 percent of everything,” Hickenlooper said.

“But this is one place that we really don’t agree,” Hickenlooper said. “As much as I admire him, I think we need more public land, not less.”

Hickenlooper’s political legacy will include a bear-hug embrace of the recreation and outdoor industries. His Colorado Beautiful initiative will inventory all of Colorado’s public lands, from municipal pocket parks to Forest Service wilderness and national parks, as a way to identify gaps and segments that are hindering public access. His $100 million plan to develop trails across the state aims to make Colorado the most bike-friendly state in the nation.

The recent passage of the bipartisan Outdoor Recreation Jobs and Economic Impact Act — which will include the economic impact of the outdoor industry in the federal government’s annual accounting of gross domestic product — will “allow Colorado to make a really compelling case to the outdoor industry,” Hickenlooper said.

It’s the same case Hickenlooper made in 2010 to land the Snow Show, securing what remains as the largest convention booking in Denver’s history. The show lures more than 18,000 attendees a year who stir a $35 million annual economic impact.

“Part of the argument we made to SIA and the Outdoor Industry Association is that we are a better place to hold these kinds of conferences because we already have that crucial mass,” Hickenlooper said.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/01/30...show-colorado/

Blog Entries
    Fox13 News is saying that Diamond Expo (the owners) are trying to make 2017 the last year (which implies breaking the contract for 2018).

"SEND IT, BRO!!"

As for the stock market pull your money out November 1, 2024. Trust me on this one.
    You're call on the election was impressive. Very impressive. So I have to ask...what's the deal on this date?
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Guys -- it's going to be okay. We have all of that Amazon sales tax revenue to make up for the $45 million dollar loss from losing the trade show...we're good.

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    You're call on the election was impressive. Very impressive. So I have to ask...what's the deal on this date?
    The end of Trumps second term. And it's very rare for the same party to be victorious in 3 consecutive elections.

I hate Herbert as governor. I'd like to kick Huntsmen right in the balls for sticking us with this asshat.
    And my feelings still have not changed.

And my feelings still have not changed.
    Because of the retail show or for other reasons? Conceal carry? Gay rights? The Highway scandal? HB 477? Amazon sales tax? Just curious.