Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adventure Race! (Including canyon)

Yeah I'm still looking to add some canyoneering footage to my drone portfolio. I wouldn't dare get inside slots any more narrow than 8 feet, but I could take some great overhead shots looking down into the slot, and then panning out.

Will there be anybody up topside following along for support? I could hang around them.
    If you could get some footage of my wife and kids canyoneering and climbing, it would be greatly appreciated. I fear that the still photos of such activities that are sent to the inlaws are starting to lose some of their shock value. Maybe actual videos will stir the pot a little.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. Likes Sombeech liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Blog Entries

Canyoneering Race!

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Yeah I'm still looking to add some canyoneering footage to my drone portfolio. I wouldn't dare get inside slots any more narrow than 8 feet, but I could take some great overhead shots looking down into the slot, and then panning out.

Will there be anybody up topside following along for support? I could hang around them.

Here is the only climbing related footage I've got so far:

On another note, I do try and preserve the serenity and solitude of an experience, this may be one of the few situations where the I think a drone wouldn't disturb the peace, as it is a race. But if there are some who still feel the noise of a drone would ruin it, I won't argue with that. I would like to think of myself as a responsible drone pilot. I do my best to ask permission before flying near anybody.

Thanks
    I think a fun canyon that you could record where access would be easy (and legal) would be 'Zero Gravity' in the San Rafael Swell. Or even Eardley Canyon when it's full of water. It's like a water park in there.

Those would be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

5. Likes TommyBoy liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    I think a fun canyon that you could record where access would be easy (and legal) would be 'Zero Gravity' in the San Rafael Swell. Or even Eardley Canyon when it's full of water. It's like a water park in there.

Those would be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh I forgot I've got that rappelling video of us down Adams Canyon Waterfall by Drone

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

7. Likes jman liked this post
    If there is a team needing a 4th member private message me, I'll happily pay my share. I'm pretty quick in the canyons and I'll be training to be quick on the runs/hikes as well! I've done sandthrax (which I'm sure isn't in the course) and I'm hitting a couple more in the area this month.

Hope everyone is well and doesn't take any unnecessary risks just to win the 'race'

Perhaps a quick explanation is in order.
    Yes there is a technical canyon as part of the race. It is not overly technical. Basic canyoneering skills, and decent fitness will be sufficient for the race.
    You might be 4ish hours, you might be 12ish, but this is doable.

Spidey