Thread: Sweaty Yeti Fat Bike Nordic Race at Wolf Creek Resort

Sweaty Yeti Fat Bike Nordic Race at Wolf Creek Resort

The Sweaty Yeti Fat Bike Race at Wolf Creek Resort Golf Course was a fun event to watch. This happened last weekend. Here's the video and a few photos.

Name:  DJI_0047-01.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  22.3 KB

Name:  vlcsnap-2017-02-04-19h21m03s911-01.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  17.9 KB

Name:  vlcsnap-2017-02-04-19h31m11s940-01.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  19.9 KB

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Are you coming down next Saturday to video the race up AF Canyon? I would think that venue will be tough for anyone to drone video.
    Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    Are you coming down next Saturday to video the race up AF Canyon? I would think that venue will be tough for anyone to drone video.
    No I've got some plans today but I'm curious if anybody has a drone down there and how it will look.

While piloting this Wolf Creek race, there were 2 other drones flying as well. They are everywhere, and as a drone advocate, even I'm getting sick of seeing them everywhere.

The race organizers decided to cancel/postpone the race because the snow conditions were so crappy the few days leading up to Saturday. The snow conditions Saturday morning turned out to be pretty great because of the overnight snow but, they would have had to been up there grooming all night long. I'm not sure how you'd video AF seeing how you'd only be able to view the racers at the beginning or end of the race. Unless you'd get permission to follow them on a snowmobile or something.
    Are we there yet?

How about overhead shots? I can fly out over 2 miles away from where I'm standing, but I've got to have a good line of sight to the drone, or trees and mountains will cut off the signal.

For this video, some of these shots were close to a mile away from where I was standing:

I'm thinking it would still be a challenging race to video via drone. Line of sight at best would probably only be a half-mile or so at the start/end line. Now if you could get up to the summit of the Alpine Loop you could get video of them passing through but, you'd have to get there via a snowmobile or pack it the 4 miles up the road on a fatbike.
    Are we there yet?