Thread: Permit and Fee for High School Team's using Corner Canyon?

Permit and Fee for High School Team's using Corner Canyon?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

No user Fees! Targeting 12 to 18 year old kids who are enjoying the great outdoors is asinine. When our kids are riding in Corner Canyon and exercising we know where they are, what they are doing and who they are with. That arrangement should be the goal of every community.

4. Likes whansen liked this post
    If they charge a seasonal fee for teams to use the socer fields, and baseball diamonds... why is this any different?

This Item is NO LONGER ON THE AGENDA this week.
    The Draper City Council has REMOVED the Public Comment and Action Item regarding the adoption of a High School Mountain Bike Team Permit and Participant User Fee from the February 7th agenda. The City Council plans to have a discussion with the mountain bike teams that train on the Draper trails.

My personal thought is it was removed because the council members proposing the fee realized they would not be on the council next year if they attempted to pass such a fee. I'm curious to hear what the 'discussion' with the teams entails.

FWIW: I know every kid on the CCHS team is required to do a couple days of trail work in Corner Canyon every years as part of being on the team. The CCHS team has built and maintained many of the trails in CC. That's a lot of free manpower the city has been getting every year. 150 kids working 2 days is worth more than hiring one full time person to maintain trails for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    This Item is NO LONGER ON THE AGENDA this week.
    The Draper City Council has REMOVED the Public Comment and Action Item regarding the adoption of a High School Mountain Bike Team Permit and Participant User Fee from the February 7th agenda. The City Council plans to have a discussion with the mountain bike teams that train on the Draper trails.

My personal thought is it was removed because the council members proposing the fee realized they would not be on the council next year if they attempted to pass such a fee. I'm curious to hear what the 'discussion' with the teams entails.

FWIW: I know every kid on the CCHS team is required to do a couple days of trail work in Corner Canyon every years as part of being on the team. The CCHS team has built and maintained many of the trails in CC. That's a lot of free manpower the city has been getting every year. 150 kids working 2 days is worth more than hiring one full time person to maintain trails for a year.

Good point! The City should work out some trail days with the school who want to regularly train here.