Thread: AF Canyon Fatbiking

AF Canyon Fatbiking

The Forest Service is stepping up their AF Canyon fatbiking trails grooming program with new tracks. Here's what they groomed yesterday and they are going over it again today. I pedaled the Timpooneke campground track late yesterday afternoon and could see the new tracks but, I was all alone and running out of daylight or I would have explored more. Ranger Colton sent me his google earth tracks from yesterday showing the new stuff. Excited to explore them tomorrow morning!

Name:  AF Grooming Track.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  129.4 KB
    Are we there yet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Just for reference, the view is looking towards the West and the parking lot is Timpooneke (the bathrooms are on the left side of the parking lot).
    Are we there yet?

Hit all the new groomed trails in and around Timpooneke Saturday morning. 4" of new snow overnight made for some awesome riding conditions. Good stuff!

Are we there yet?

The entire new upper west side Timpooneke groomed trail video from last Friday morning. The new trails are awesome! Kudos to our local Forest Service officials who have realized that fatbiking is here to stay and not just a passing fad and have come all on board with grooming up AF Canyon.

Are we there yet?

Good stuff. It's hard to imagine with all of the snow melted down here, that it's still dumping up there.

Pedaled AF Canyon late yesterday afternoon. Snowed the entire ride with blizzard-like conditions just as I got back to my Jeep. 12" of new crunchy powder with more coming down. Fortunately, a couple of snow machines had gone up the road earlier in the day and packed it down somewhat. Made pedaling doable but, with 4-5" on top of their track it was slow going and really worked my legs. Never saw anyone else after I started pedaling.

Name:  AF Bizzard Feb2017.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  39.1 KB
    Are we there yet?

Not sure why my photo is rotated. It isn't rotated in my folder.
    Are we there yet?

First tracks on freshly groomed trail late yesterday afternoon. The mile and a half ride up the road to Timpooneke was a bit of a slog (soft, snowmobile chewed up track) but, once I hit the virgin groomed trails, it was amazing!

Name:  Fresh Groomed Feb2017.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  107.7 KB
    Are we there yet?

Watch Steve crash at 0:44. Awesome morning and good conditions.

Are we there yet?

Full rearward facing, Yeti view.

Are we there yet?

Fatbiking the suncrust at South Fork Little Deer Creek, AF Canyon, yesterday morning. When the conditions are suncrusted, you can pretty much pedal anywhere! Good stuff!

Are we there yet?