Thread: Snow Report - Roost/North Wash/Ticaboo

Snow Report - Roost/North Wash/Ticaboo

Did anyone do any canyons in the Roost/NW/Ticaboo area last weekend? If so, did you encounter any snow?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I was in the Sweetwater Reef area on Saturday (15 miles north of the Roost and similar or higher in elevation). The road going into the Roost from Highway 24 was covered with an inch or two of snow in the morning, but by afternoon it was mostly melted off and it was a muddy mess. There was maybe 1/2-inch of snow still hanging on in shaded areas and north-facing slopes. Probably got more snow last night.

This link is a good reference for snow conditions. It's low resolution (and often cloud-covered) but usually easy to identify where there's snow. Just use the slider or arrows to go back in time (the last good clear day was Jan. 18).
    Blog | FB

4. Likes whansen, Slot Machine liked this post
    Well, good luck to you boys tryin' to get a little fix in. I'm heading for the Big Bend area in Texas to mountain bike/hike. Nice and cozy down there. I'll throw up a little trip report when I get back.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

6. Likes Sandstone Addiction, accadacca liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Udink View Post
    I was in the Sweetwater Reef area on Saturday (15 miles north of the Roost and similar or higher in elevation). The road going into the Roost from Highway 24 was covered with an inch or two of snow in the morning, but by afternoon it was mostly melted off and it was a muddy mess. There was maybe 1/2-inch of snow still hanging on in shaded areas and north-facing slopes. Probably got more snow last night.

This link is a good reference for snow conditions. It's low resolution (and often cloud-covered) but usually easy to identify where there's snow. Just use the slider or arrows to go back in time (the last good clear day was Jan. 18).
    Thanks for sharing what you saw on Saturday, Dennis @Udink . Also, that is a pretty sweet webpage. Imma bookmark that one.
    THE MOST TALKED ABOUT CANYONEERING TRIP OF 2017 - WEST CANYON VIA HELICOPTER.
    TRIP REPORTS: TIGER | BOBCAT | OCELOT | LYNX | SABERTOOTH | CHEETAH | PORCUPINE | LEOPARD

DON'T BE A STRANGER, LEAVE A COMMENT AND/OR SUBSCRIBE.
    WWW.AMAZINGSLOTS.BLOGSPOT.COM

There is currently no snow in the North Wash or Poison Springs areas. The roads are in good shape too.