Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Warming? I don't know what to believe.

Personally, I'm neither a denier nor an advocate. I just don't really care, as the climate is (and has been) suitable for me to work and play. There seems to be quite a bit of BS and trickery with the whole AGW thing though, so I snicker at that...like I would anyone who says pay attention to this hand and ignore the other.

I also believe that eventually (50 years? 200 years?) the dookie is going to hit he fan in regards to population and resources...not to mention political and religious upheaval mixed in. I think we are living right now in the apex of humanity. Seen the movies Soylent Green or Blade Runner?

I have a date with Death sometime before 2060. I just hope everything remains stable until then.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I think even more applicable than Soylent Green or Blade Runner is Huxley's "Brave New World," where man's downfall will be his over-obsession with pleasure. Where facts would be drowned in a sea of distractions, and deemed irrelevant. Sounds pretty similar to today's current society, eh?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I think the more interesting discussion would be what the future holds for mankind, as I'd like to see 8 or more pages of varying opinions on that, because that's really the end all be all.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

5. Likes Slot Machine liked this post
    @Slot Machine - your tour guide to everything that is wrong with the discussion on global warming..

FWIW - Repackaging the Kool-Aid as "Country Time", but adding the meaningless "New and Improved!" label doesn't count as science.

I really wish I could take something, anything, meaningful away from this thread but I can't.

***kicks a rock as he slowly walks away***

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    FWIW - Repackaging the Kool-Aid as "Country Time", but adding the meaningless "New and Improved!" label doesn't count as science.
    YESSS!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slot Machine View Post
    I bet your next post has zero data and a zippy one liner.
    Woohoo! Called it!! Dunked that one!

You keep screaming from the rooftops what is wrong, but don't have the audacity to say what you think is right. Sup wit dat?

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    up there little guy, thats the basket...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

You keep screaming from the rooftops what is wrong, but don't have the audacity to say what you think is right. Sup wit dat?
    The 'right' thing for folks to do is to stop manipulating data and spinning facts to support their agenda.

Game/set/match

Game/set/match
    Aw hell naw. You don't even have your tennis shoes laced up yet! If you haven't noticed, this is not a political thread, as badly as you would like it to turn into one.

This thread is about knowing what to believe when it comes to climate science. The data speaks for itself if you are familiar with the scientific process.

I really wish I could ADD something, anything, meaningful TO this thread but I can't.
    Fixed that for you... again!

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    up there little guy, thats the basket...
    I think it is funny that you keep plodding ahead, pretending to know anything about this topic, using a strategy of posting one naked link after another, as if if you are contributing.

If there was a thread about corn cob pipes, overalls, or banjos, I'd know that I'd be at a HUGE disadvantage in a discussion with you. I simply don't have the training or decades of experience that you have with those things. Unless I had questions, sitting on the sidelines would be the best course of action for threads about those topics.

The only pretending going on here is you thinking your a tall/black/ basketball player...

Yep, us Southern hillbillies, we be extremely deplorably and mighty proud of it.

BTW--you got beat up a lot in jr. high and high school didn't you

small man syndrome, you's got it.....

By the way--you heard our guy Trump was abolishing any records of climate change, didn't you?

yep--we're still winning...
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Oh--and I know a lot about climate change--was 64 here yesterday.

Up to 72, right now.

Thats likely more than you "claim" to know..

seemed to change in 24 hours...

crazy..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    The only pretending going on here is you thinking your a tall/black/ basketball player...
    It is unfortunate that my metaphor is lost on you. I'll dumb it down next time around.

On the bright side, I'm pretty stoked that you now know how how climate change works. Learning all of that new information wasn't so bad, now was it? I hope that you share your new knowledge with all of your friends. *high five*

That is enough science for now. I have a two week vacation in the Caribbean to attend to.

*dusts off hands*

Slot Machine

That is enough science for now. I have a two week vacation in the Caribbean to attend to.

Hey Bob, have a good time! Slow down and soak up every minute, 'cuz it's all just waiting for you back home.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

@Slot Machine - Here's some ammo for the next time you argue with someone over whether or not the earth is round...

Name:  2017-02-15 10.32.37.png
Views: 218
Size:  48.4 KB
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

this thread is no good without a poll

Are there actually people who think the earth is flat, or is that a fabrication of the liberal media to be able to attack people by calling them flat-earthers? Think about it!!! Which is more likely???

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    I think even more applicable than Soylent Green or Blade Runner is Huxley's "Brave New World," where man's downfall will be his over-obsession with pleasure. Where facts would be drowned in a sea of distractions, and deemed irrelevant. Sounds pretty similar to today's current society, eh?
    One of the possible answers to the Fermi Paradox (where are all the aliens?) is that their society is so technologically advanced that there's no need to travel thru space, or spend the resources trying. Living in a "Matrix", where everything they need and desire is provided. We may actually get there before we get anywhere past Mars.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by qedcook View Post
    Are there actually people who think the earth is flat, or is that a fabrication of the liberal media to be able to attack people by calling them flat-earthers? Think about it!!! Which is more likely???
    No one here thinks the earth is flat. That is @Slot Machine doing his usual mixing of facts and bullshit and trying to sell it as the complete unbiased truth.

I found this article interesting about a new study: http://news.wisc.edu/from-rocks-in-c...-solar-system/
    Are we there yet?