Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Thread: Global Warming? I don't know what to believe.

This is all about networking...getting rich. They're all there to meet face to face, press the flesh and divy up all that Treasury cash they have on hand. Dynasties are being fortified. Sometimes I feel like these Anarchists are actually onto something.

It's the same principal as them wanting to pass a $3.5T spending package that they haven't read and don't know what is in there, print out $3.5T in cash from thin air, and then claim they need to monitor our bank accounts for transactions over $600. The elites further cementing their power and authority so that they can retain it.
    I learn from the mistakes of people who took my advice.

Preferred Pronoun: Lambda-Gamma-Beta.

Proud member of the LGBFJB community.

2. Likes oldno7 liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Around the 9 minute point of this video does a simple explanation of Global Warming being real
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

This video is also great:

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Disco Dan must be bored
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

With all due respect, DiscGo...the difference between a person like you and a person like me in this debate is that you believe what you're being told...I don't.

I know...it's "scientists" and it's "satellites" and ice cores and tree rings and this and that. I get it...and it very well may be that the earth's atmosphere is being altered to some degree by human activity as it is. There's no denying that we are and have been tearing things up pretty good for quite a long time. People like me who are labeled "climate deniers" aren't stupid...we're just back on our heels as we witness the sheer bullshit, fear mongering and hypocrisy of those beating the drum. "Do as I say, not as I do" doesn't work for a guy like me...it doesn't work for a lot of people.

With that said...what are YOU going to do about it? What's the solution? How can you get so many more people to go along with the program? How can you stop the corruption? What about these countries that are engaged in civil wars or otherwise run by mafias that ignore anything but themselves? Can you show me the "science" that says if we all do what we're being told is necessary the the earth is going to get back to "normal".

I can go on and on. I not trying to ridicule you for believing in the "science"...not by any means. I just wondering if aside from nodding your head, you're willing to take the "next step"...whatever that may be. Tell me what needs to be done and if it really makes sense, I'll do it. But tell me something that is in line with Unicorns farting rainbows and...we've got a problem.

I think that's really what it boils down to, IMO. And again...no disrespect intended.
    The end of the world for some...
    The foundation of paradise for others.

8. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Kinda like post 698, 699 references.

It's a hypocrite game....

Heres a chart for ya---

Probably no good scientist' in the Smithsonian...

Yep--temps be rising, begets the question--what should the temp be....

I'm thinking the palm trees in Greenland sounds like a nice vacation destination but thats so Paleocene.(man made I'm sure)

But I did like your guy arguing with himself, seemed so very apropos.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    With all due respect, DiscGo...the difference between a person like you and a person like me in this debate is that you believe what you're being told...I don't.

I know...it's "scientists" and it's "satellites" and ice cores and tree rings and this and that. I get it...and it very well may be that the earth's atmosphere is being altered to some degree by human activity as it is. There's no denying that we are and have been tearing things up pretty good for quite a long time. People like me who are labeled "climate deniers" aren't stupid...we're just back on our heels as we witness the sheer bullshit, fear mongering and hypocrisy of those beating the drum. "Do as I say, not as I do" doesn't work for a guy like me...it doesn't work for a lot of people.

With that said...what are YOU going to do about it? What's the solution? How can you get so many more people to go along with the program? How can you stop the corruption? What about these countries that are engaged in civil wars or otherwise run by mafias that ignore anything but themselves? Can you show me the "science" that says if we all do what we're being told is necessary the the earth is going to get back to "normal".

I can go on and on. I not trying to ridicule you for believing in the "science"...not by any means. I just wondering if aside from nodding your head, you're willing to take the "next step"...whatever that may be. Tell me what needs to be done and if it really makes sense, I'll do it. But tell me something that is in line with Unicorns farting rainbows and...we've got a problem.

I think that's really what it boils down to, IMO. And again...no disrespect intended.

Hypocrite? Corruption? What are you talking about?

Name:  A729574D-8C7A-4DC9-89AC-498831C61238.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  21.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    Hypocrite? Corruption? What are you talking about?

Name:  A729574D-8C7A-4DC9-89AC-498831C61238.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  21.0 KB
    Not to mention living in mansions that cost $800 a month to run the air conditioner. In the meantime you're supposed to feel guilty about putting something in a plastic bag or throwing away a straw. I can understand being concerned about the earth...especially if you have kids. But I see those "sounding the alarm" as being fatally flawed, enriching themselves as they stoke fear, stress and mental illness.

O. TOP TEN GOOD SKEPTICAL ARGUMENTS
    May 1st, 2014 by Roy W. Spencer, Ph. D.
    As suggested by a friend, I’m following up my Top Ten bad global warming arguments list with a Top Ten good arguments list. These are in no particular order, and I might have missed something important.
    These ten were just off the top of my head….there’s no telling what might be lingering deeper in my brain.
    I have avoided specific alternative causal mechanisms of natural climate change, because I view them individually as speculative. But taken as a whole, they represent a class of unknowns that can’t be just swept under the rug just because we don’t understand them.
    For some reason, all of these ended up being phrased as questions, rather than statements.
    1) No Recent Warming. If global warming science is so “settled”, why did global warming stop over 15 years ago (in most temperature datasets), contrary to all “consensus” predictions?
    2) Natural or Manmade? If we don’t know how much of the warming in the longer term (say last 50 years) is natural, then how can we know how much is manmade?
    3) IPCC Politics and Beliefs. Why does it take a political body (the IPCC) to tell us what scientists “believe”? And when did scientists’ “beliefs” translate into proof? And when was scientific truth determined by a vote…especially when those allowed to vote are from the Global Warming Believers Party?
    4) Climate Models Can’t Even Hindcast How did climate modelers, who already knew the answer, still fail to explain the lack of a significant temperature rise over the last 30+ years? In other words, how do you botch a hindcast?
    5) …But We Should Believe Model Forecasts? Why should we believe model predictions of the future, when they can’t even explain the past?
    6) Modelers Lie About Their “Physics”. Why do modelers insist their models are based upon established physics, but then hide the fact that the strong warming their models produce is actually based upon very uncertain “fudge factor” tuning?
    7) Is Warming Even Bad? Who decided that a small amount of warming is necessarily a bad thing?
    8) Is CO2 Bad? How did carbon dioxide, necessary for life on Earth and only 4 parts in 10,000of our atmosphere, get rebranded as some sort of dangerous gas?
    9) Do We Look that Stupid? How do scientists expect to be taken seriously when their “theory” is supported by both floods AND droughts? Too much snow AND too little snow?
    10) Selective Pseudo-Explanations. How can scientists claim that the Medieval Warm Period(which lasted hundreds of years), was just a regional fluke…yet claim the single-summer (2003) heat wave in Europe had global significance?
    11) (Spinal Tap bonus) Just How Warm is it, Really? Why is it that every subsequent modification/adjustment to the global thermometer data leads to even more warming? What are the chances of that? Either a warmer-still present, or cooling down the past, both of which produce a greater warming trend over time. And none of the adjustments take out a gradual urban heat island (UHI) warming around thermometer sites, which likely exists at virtually all of them — because no one yet knows a good way to do that.
    Since he wrote it in 2014 it's still been the same old narrative.
    Went looking for his top 10 worst arguments;
    https://www.drroyspencer.com/2014/04...nt-hold-water/

Actually his website is regularly updated and very informative
    http://www.drroyspencer.com/

in April he posted
    The 42 years of observations we now have since 1979 (bold black line) shows that warming is occurring much more slowly than the average climate model says it should have.

Why does it matter?
    It matters because there is no Climate Crisis. There is no Climate Emergency.
    Yes, irregular warming is occurring. Yes, it is at least partly due to human greenhouse gas emissions. But seldom are the benefits of a somewhat warmer climate system mentioned, or the benefits of more CO2 in the atmosphere (which is required for life on Earth to exist).
    But if we waste trillions of dollars (that’s just here in the U.S. — meanwhile, China will always do what is in the best interests of China) then that is trillions of dollars not available for the real necessities of life.
    Prosperity will suffer, and for no good reason.
    let's see if I can hotlink the chart with that >

16. Likes devo_stevo, Byron liked this post
    The day I knew for certain that global warming was complete bullshit was the day Obama left the White House and bought a $12 million costal mansion.... the one guy in the world who had more information on global warming available to him than anyone else on the planet wasn't concerned in the least about living in a mansion at sea level.... what more does anyone need to know?

Just remember - if we bet wrong - our grandchildren will suffer.

Not only are they total hypocrites with living completely different from the way they lecture and pass judgement on the commoners, but look at the impact that their other ‘environmental impact’ laws and regulations have. How long now have liberals in Kommiefornia been patting themselves on the back for outlawing plastic straws and bags at the checkout line, but their major cities are so cluttered with piles of trash and garbage, and actual dump looks more orderly and organized than the crap heaps those cities are in.

And , do you think that they will be subject to any of their green house gas reduction regulations? How many liberal officials have been openly busted multiple times for breaking their own China flu mandates and lockdowns? You know they don’t believe any of their plandemic measures are going to save anyone when they themselves so casually don’t abide by them. Do you really think they believe their greenhouse gas initiatives are truly necessary and effective?

20. Likes oldno7, Byron liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_outdoors View Post
    Just remember - if we bet wrong - our grandchildren will suffer.
    I'd say that's already a given. I'd say rising sea levels are the least of the possibilities to be concerned with when the Elite Oligarchs that run the show are engaging in such gluttony. They certainly don't seem too concerned about it...

Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    Not only are they total hypocrites with living completely different from the way they lecture and pass judgement on the commoners, but look at the impact that their other ‘environmental impact’ laws and regulations have. How long now have liberals in Kommiefornia been patting themselves on the back for outlawing plastic straws and bags at the checkout line, but their major cities are so cluttered with piles of trash and garbage, and actual dump looks more orderly and organized than the crap heaps those cities are in.

And , do you think that they will be subject to any of their green house gas reduction regulations? How many liberal officials have been openly busted multiple times for breaking their own China flu mandates and lockdowns? You know they don’t believe any of their plandemic measures are going to save anyone when they themselves so casually don’t abide by them. Do you really think they believe their greenhouse gas initiatives are truly necessary and effective?
    You and I see these things in a very similar way. It's right in front of our faces and is undeniable...unless one wants to deny it, of course.

Funny thing about that...and they call us..."deniers".

23. Likes BasinCruiser, oldno7 liked this post
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

25. Likes BasinCruiser, Byron liked this post
    Name:  DE5EBF6E-6B01-49CE-A209-FB7F0DADE02F.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  29.6 KB

27. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    One of the pitfalls of internet conversations is that there is always context left out.

In terms of my resume for not just "believing what I'm told", I don't consider myself Republican or Democrat because I disagree with allowing a political party to tell me what to believe. After a lifetime in Mormonism, I stopped believing what I was told which was more painful than any other pain I have endured in my life. I have succeeded in running my own business after being told that I couldn't. etc. At the very least, I feel like I have a pretty good track record for not just accepting / believing what I'm told. I didn't believe in Climate Change originally because of how I was told but when I researched it with an open mind, I came to believe.

What's the solution? How can you get so many more people to go along with the program? How can you stop the corruption? What about these countries that are engaged in civil wars or otherwise run by mafias that ignore anything but themselves? Can you show me the "science" that says if we all do what we're being told is necessary the earth is going to get back to "normal".

Name:  Meme.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  39.9 KB

• Don't spend money on symbolic gestures (like the Paris Accord)
    • Any taxes on emissions should be spent directly to combat emissions
    • Hold Big Businesses more accountable

• Use Nuclear Energy
      • Factories
      • Shipping Vessels
      • Cities
      • etc.

• ​The list goes on but I doubt many people are still reading at this point

During President Obama's administration there was a Government shutdown. As part of the shutdown, the Government shut down the White House tours. Then citizen, Donald Trump, offered to personally pay the expenses for White House tours to continue, President Obama refused to allow a citizen to pay for the tours because "that's not how Government works" and he wanted the people to feel the effects of the shutdown. The best way to fight climate change is to do the opposite of how Government Shutdowns are enforced. Find the ways that the the public will feel the last but have the best return on investment rather than as a means of controlling, taxing, & hindering the public.

My skin is pretty thick, but I appreciate your efforts to communicate without offending me. I assure you that I'm totally fine.

29. Likes Byron liked this post