Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
Results 381 to 396 of 396

Thread: Global Warming? I don't know what to believe.

  1. #381
    Quote Originally Posted by EricBTTA View Post
    if you take an unbiased look, itís rather obvious that things are definently changing on a worldwide scale, with some regions being more affected than others.



    Really? I don't see it...and "some areas" sounds suspiciously like cherry picking. Please show me places where it's obvious and perhaps you'll make a believer out of me...I've been waiting for someone to bust out that "proof" for at least 25 years. Lot's of talk, not a lot of walk.

    Glaciers? Here, check this out...151103-antarctic-ice-growing-shrinking-glaciers-climate-change.

    Pick a side, eh? I'll wait to see where the dust finally settles.
    Sure I have emotions...I just don't let them get in the way of having fun.

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #382
    I guess the founder of Greenepeace has political leanings.


  4. Likes oldno7 liked this post
  5. #383
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Your "science" like your post are filled with political leanings.... don't believe me? Then try this on for size and get back to me....

    What is the timeline you are basing your science on? 56 million years ago the earth was much warmer than it is today. So based on that timeline the earth is cooling.

    Care to comment on the above statement? Do you see the error in your thinking and original post yet?

    Yes the earth was much warmer back then, but the earth also looked a lot different back then too, not a very good comparison. The Eocene was a very different time period in geological history with flora and fauna that had evolved to live in those conditions.

    The difference is that now as we move from the Holocene into the anthropocene, The earthís climate is changing with a trend towards warming, now yes this happens naturally and has in the past. The thing that is alarming is the fast rate of warming. This along with other environmental issues are leading to what many are calling the ď6th mass extinctionĒ.

    There have been many instances in earths history that have been warmer, itís more that we and many other creatures on this planet arenít adapted or canít keep up with the rate of change.

    Thatís whatís alarming.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #384
    Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    I guess the founder of Greenepeace has political leanings.

    The founder of Greenpeace isnít a scientist, he is an activist


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #385
    arcticseaicenews This is pretty interesting. I was wondering how the Arctic is doing RIGHT NOW considering it's supposed to be fading away.

    Of course, they make sure not to say "Hey, looking good!". But it is.

    This is where they lose people like me.
    Sure I have emotions...I just don't let them get in the way of having fun.

  8. #386
    Here's an image for the official NASA "we're all screwed" website...August, right? Says it'll be "ice free" by mid century. Show a picture of it in March instead, you assholes.

    This bait and switch probably works well on ignorant kids or enviro religious zealots.

    Sure I have emotions...I just don't let them get in the way of having fun.

  9. #387
    Quote Originally Posted by EricBTTA View Post
    This along with other environmental issues are leading to what many are calling the ď6th mass extinctionĒ.

    There have been many instances in earths history that have been warmer, itís more that we and many other creatures on this planet arenít adapted or canít keep up with the rate of change.

    Thatís whatís alarming.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Looks like I better get right to the store so I can swap out my cotton sheets for some wicking - drifit type sheets. Nothing worse than a hot and muggy night.
    Life is Good

  10. #388
    Quote Originally Posted by EricBTTA View Post
    The earthís climate is changing with a trend towards warming, now yes this happens naturally and has in the past. The thing that is alarming is the fast rate of warming. This along with other environmental issues are leading to what many are calling the ď6th mass extinctionĒ.
    So using your specific hand picked best case example timeline the earth is warming.... got it.

    And now to try and solidify your case you are tossing in nonspecific "other" issues... got it.

    The point I was trying to make is your "science", which you claim was not political or biased was neither. It just depends on who's data, facts and what data points you include and exclude.

    I will grant you we have some serious environmental issues and that the climate is changing (it's always changing). There are times in history it has changed faster and slower.

    It's great you are environmentally aware, just don't fall for all the chicken little the sky is falling male bovine excrement being spoon fed by the liberal media. What I always tell my kids about topics like this is if you want to know the truth just follow the money.



  11. #389
    Bogley BigShot oldno7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Posts
    9,014
    Quote Originally Posted by EricBTTA View Post

    Thatís whatís alarming.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Eric--if you don't mind, I'm not going to be alarmed..
    I'm not Spartacus


    Boycotting imlay canyon gear because I value access

    Professional Mangler of Grammar

    Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

    Who Is John Galt?

  12. #390
    Bogley BigShot oldno7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Posts
    9,014
    If I were to be alarmed, I might go out in the yard and cuss a cloud

    I'm not Spartacus


    Boycotting imlay canyon gear because I value access

    Professional Mangler of Grammar

    Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

    Who Is John Galt?

  13. #391
    Hey Eric, I hope you don't feel like you're being ganged up on, although it kinda looks that way.

    In reality, I think all of us "deniers" here are open to anything that is reasonable and has proof...not just the opinion of some scientist driving a new Lexus, know what I mean?
    Sure I have emotions...I just don't let them get in the way of having fun.

  14. #392
    Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    In reality, I think all of us "deniers" here are open to anything that is reasonable and has proof...not just the opinion of some scientist driving a new Lexus, know what I mean?
    FWIW - I don't consider myself a denier, I just have some issues with what is being sold by the liberal media as undeniable science.

    I know for a fact a major portion of what is being sold as news these days is polically motivated to support a radical left agenda, or #FakeNews.

    I fail to see why this issue would be any different, that's just commonsense to me. I believe most people these days understands the news lies to them, why do they believe this issue is any different?


  15. #393

    Global Warming? I don't know what to believe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    So using your specific hand picked best case example timeline the earth is warming.... got it.

    And now to try and solidify your case you are tossing in nonspecific "other" issues... got it.

    The point I was trying to make is your "science", which you claim was not political or biased was neither. It just depends on who's data, facts and what data points you include and exclude.

    I will grant you we have some serious environmental issues and that the climate is changing (it's always changing). There are times in history it has changed faster and slower.

    It's great you are environmentally aware, just don't fall for all the chicken little the sky is falling male bovine excrement being spoon fed by the liberal media. What I always tell my kids about topics like this is if you want to know the truth just follow the money.


    I think thatís a fair criticism, I should have listed these other factors that are also contributors to the 6th mass extinction (ie; pollution, deforestation, poor agricultural practices, the spread of invasive species and the over harvesting of natural resources)

    Iím also not one to just buy into anything without looking into it myself. I too have many issues with the media these days, they are too caught up in sensationalism, appeasing their advertisers and propping up the elites (on both sides of the aisle). More of an Elite bias as far as I see it.

    Most ďrealĒ climate scientists arenít well off at all. They are often in the field, living out of tents doing research out of Greenland, the arctic or Antarctic.

    But I do believe there are plenty of public figures who are definently profiting off this issue tho and this does us all a disservice, just like there are also plenty of fake experts on the denial side also making a profit as well.

    So I understand the lack of trust in the media. They havenít been doing their job for years now.








    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. Likes rockgremlin, Iceaxe, twotimer liked this post
  17. #394
    Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    Hey Eric, I hope you don't feel like you're being ganged up on, although it kinda looks that way.

    In reality, I think all of us "deniers" here are open to anything that is reasonable and has proof...not just the opinion of some scientist driving a new Lexus, know what I mean?
    Doesnít bother me, Iím not an ideologue who is solely on team liberal, I donít need a safe space, I can handle my own.

    More than happy to talk about this stuff with you guys.





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. Likes rockgremlin, twotimer liked this post
  19. #395
    Quote Originally Posted by EricBTTA View Post
    Doesnít bother me, Iím not an ideologue who is solely on team liberal, I donít need a safe space, I can handle my own.

    More than happy to talk about this stuff with you guys.





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Right on, dude. Glad you're on board...
    Sure I have emotions...I just don't let them get in the way of having fun.

  20. Likes EricBTTA liked this post
  21. #396
    Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    Right on, dude. Glad you're on board...
    X2

  22. Likes EricBTTA liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. [News] Global Warming is now Against the Law
    By rockgremlin in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-05-2016, 05:44 AM
  2. The truth about global warming
    By chickenlicken in forum The Political Arena
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-08-2007, 08:25 AM
  3. With Regards to Global Warming
    By Iceaxe in forum Environmental Issues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-22-2007, 07:46 AM
  4. Why don't you believe in Global Warming?
    By DiscGo in forum Environmental Issues
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 05-24-2007, 07:09 AM
  5. Global Warming
    By Sombeech in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 01-15-2007, 06:42 PM

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •