Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Warming? I don't know what to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by EricBTTA View Post
    if you take an unbiased look, it’s rather obvious that things are definently changing on a worldwide scale, with some regions being more affected than others.

Really? I don't see it...and "some areas" sounds suspiciously like cherry picking. Please show me places where it's obvious and perhaps you'll make a believer out of me...I've been waiting for someone to bust out that "proof" for at least 25 years. Lot's of talk, not a lot of walk.

Glaciers? Here, check this out...151103-antarctic-ice-growing-shrinking-glaciers-climate-change.

Pick a side, eh? I'll wait to see where the dust finally settles.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I guess the founder of Greenepeace has political leanings.

4. Likes oldno7 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    Your "science" like your post are filled with political leanings.... don't believe me? Then try this on for size and get back to me....

What is the timeline you are basing your science on? 56 million years ago the earth was much warmer than it is today. So based on that timeline the earth is cooling.

Care to comment on the above statement? Do you see the error in your thinking and original post yet?

Yes the earth was much warmer back then, but the earth also looked a lot different back then too, not a very good comparison. The Eocene was a very different time period in geological history with flora and fauna that had evolved to live in those conditions.

The difference is that now as we move from the Holocene into the anthropocene, The earth’s climate is changing with a trend towards warming, now yes this happens naturally and has in the past. The thing that is alarming is the fast rate of warming. This along with other environmental issues are leading to what many are calling the “6th mass extinction”.

There have been many instances in earths history that have been warmer, it’s more that we and many other creatures on this planet aren’t adapted or can’t keep up with the rate of change.

That’s what’s alarming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    I guess the founder of Greenepeace has political leanings.

The founder of Greenpeace isn’t a scientist, he is an activist

arcticseaicenews This is pretty interesting. I was wondering how the Arctic is doing RIGHT NOW considering it's supposed to be fading away.

Of course, they make sure not to say "Hey, looking good!". But it is.

This is where they lose people like me.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Here's an image for the official NASA "we're all screwed" website...August, right? Says it'll be "ice free" by mid century. Show a picture of it in March instead, you assholes.

This bait and switch probably works well on ignorant kids or enviro religious zealots.

It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

This along with other environmental issues are leading to what many are calling the “6th mass extinction”.

There have been many instances in earths history that have been warmer, it’s more that we and many other creatures on this planet aren’t adapted or can’t keep up with the rate of change.

That’s what’s alarming.

Looks like I better get right to the store so I can swap out my cotton sheets for some wicking - drifit type sheets. Nothing worse than a hot and muggy night.
    Life is Good

The earth’s climate is changing with a trend towards warming, now yes this happens naturally and has in the past. The thing that is alarming is the fast rate of warming. This along with other environmental issues are leading to what many are calling the “6th mass extinction”.
    So using your specific hand picked best case example timeline the earth is warming.... got it.

And now to try and solidify your case you are tossing in nonspecific "other" issues... got it.

The point I was trying to make is your "science", which you claim was not political or biased was neither. It just depends on who's data, facts and what data points you include and exclude.

I will grant you we have some serious environmental issues and that the climate is changing (it's always changing). There are times in history it has changed faster and slower.

It's great you are environmentally aware, just don't fall for all the chicken little the sky is falling male bovine excrement being spoon fed by the liberal media. What I always tell my kids about topics like this is if you want to know the truth just follow the money.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.

That’s what’s alarming.

Eric--if you don't mind, I'm not going to be alarmed..
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

If I were to be alarmed, I might go out in the yard and cuss a cloud

I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Hey Eric, I hope you don't feel like you're being ganged up on, although it kinda looks that way.

In reality, I think all of us "deniers" here are open to anything that is reasonable and has proof...not just the opinion of some scientist driving a new Lexus, know what I mean?
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    In reality, I think all of us "deniers" here are open to anything that is reasonable and has proof...not just the opinion of some scientist driving a new Lexus, know what I mean?
    FWIW - I don't consider myself a denier, I just have some issues with what is being sold by the liberal media as undeniable science.

I know for a fact a major portion of what is being sold as news these days is polically motivated to support a radical left agenda, or #FakeNews.

I fail to see why this issue would be any different, that's just commonsense to me. I believe most people these days understands the news lies to them, why do they believe this issue is any different?

Global Warming? I don't know what to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post
    So using your specific hand picked best case example timeline the earth is warming.... got it.

And now to try and solidify your case you are tossing in nonspecific "other" issues... got it.

The point I was trying to make is your "science", which you claim was not political or biased was neither. It just depends on who's data, facts and what data points you include and exclude.

I will grant you we have some serious environmental issues and that the climate is changing (it's always changing). There are times in history it has changed faster and slower.

It's great you are environmentally aware, just don't fall for all the chicken little the sky is falling male bovine excrement being spoon fed by the liberal media. What I always tell my kids about topics like this is if you want to know the truth just follow the money.

I think that’s a fair criticism, I should have listed these other factors that are also contributors to the 6th mass extinction (ie; pollution, deforestation, poor agricultural practices, the spread of invasive species and the over harvesting of natural resources)

I’m also not one to just buy into anything without looking into it myself. I too have many issues with the media these days, they are too caught up in sensationalism, appeasing their advertisers and propping up the elites (on both sides of the aisle). More of an Elite bias as far as I see it.

Most “real” climate scientists aren’t well off at all. They are often in the field, living out of tents doing research out of Greenland, the arctic or Antarctic.

But I do believe there are plenty of public figures who are definently profiting off this issue tho and this does us all a disservice, just like there are also plenty of fake experts on the denial side also making a profit as well.

So I understand the lack of trust in the media. They haven’t been doing their job for years now.

16. Likes rockgremlin, Iceaxe, twotimer liked this post
    Hey Eric, I hope you don't feel like you're being ganged up on, although it kinda looks that way.

Doesn’t bother me, I’m not an ideologue who is solely on team liberal, I don’t need a safe space, I can handle my own.

More than happy to talk about this stuff with you guys.

18. Likes Sombeech, rockgremlin, twotimer liked this post
    Doesn’t bother me, I’m not an ideologue who is solely on team liberal, I don’t need a safe space, I can handle my own.

More than happy to talk about this stuff with you guys.

Right on, dude. Glad you're on board...
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

20. Likes EricBTTA liked this post
    Right on, dude. Glad you're on board...
    X2

22. Likes EricBTTA liked this post
    ar-BBVdgOX...this sounds quite like the Mueller report...what they want isn't happening but they'll come up with any excuse to deny it.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

ar-BBVdgOX...this sounds quite like the Mueller report...what they want isn't happening but they'll come up with any excuse to deny it.

ahhh, man--this sucks so bad----the earth is doing good

next thing ya know they'll say Trump had nothing to do with the Russians

It has got to suck to be wrong so much....
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Mike Lee has an interesting response to the GND.

http://www.facebook.com/178081365556...989802?sfns=mo

26. Likes oldno7, rockgremlin liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by BasinCruiser View Post
    Mike Lee has an interesting response to the GND.

http://www.facebook.com/178081365556...989802?sfns=mo

That's an interesting perspective:

"The Green New Deal is not a serious policy document because it is not a policy document at all. It’s an aesthetic one. This resolution is not an agenda of solutions. It’s a token of elite tribal identity – and endorsing it, a public act of piety for the chic and woke.
    And on those embarrassing terms, it is already a resounding success.
    As Speaker Pelosi herself put it: “The green dream, or whatever they call it, nobody knows what it is, but they’re for it right?”
    Right."

Even more interesting that it appears Ms. Pelosi is not behind it by the way she casually disregards it.

It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

28. Likes BasinCruiser liked this post