Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Warming? I don't know what to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    Well--this don't fit the agenda at all

Amidst Global Warming Hysteria, NASA Scientists Expect Global Cooling

“We see a cooling trend,” said Martin Mlynczak of NASA’s Langley Research Center. “High above Earth’s surface, near the edge of space, our atmosphere is losing heat energy. If current trends continue, it could soon set a Space Age record for cold.”

The new NASA findings are in line with studies released by
    UC-San Diego
    and
    Northumbria University
    in Great Britain last year, both of which predict a Grand Solar Minimum in coming decades due to low sunspot activity. Both studies predicted sun activity similar to the
    Maunder Minimum
    of the mid-17th to early 18th centuries, which coincided to a time known as the Little Ice Age, during which temperatures were much lower than those of today.

https://www.thenewamerican.com/tech/...w-sun-activity
    See -- this is exactly what I'm talking about. NASA aren't a bunch of MAGA hat wearing right-wingers. And yet they predict a global cooling on the horizon.

Ehh...it doesn't matter anyway. This bartender in New York said that the whole planet is going to experience a mass extinction event IN 12 YEARS.

It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Name:  fullsizeoutput_4d7.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  17.3 KB

Here's a picture I took of the front range today. 12 feet of global warming up there.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

4. Likes Sombeech, Iceaxe liked this post
    We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    See -- this is exactly what I'm talking about. NASA aren't a bunch of MAGA hat wearing right-wingers. And yet they predict a global cooling on the horizon.

Ehh...it doesn't matter anyway. This bartender in New York said that the whole planet is going to experience a mass extinction event IN 12 YEARS.

yea--wouldn't it be weird to find out that global warming and global cooling, come about from the ""SUN""

Now that would be crazy talk
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

I've learned to check these claims, because they are invariably false. This is no different - it is false. It's an old claim that was apparently made last Nov, and debunked. Here's what the actual NASA researcher says:

Martin Mlynczak, Senior Research Scientist, NASA Langley Research Center:
    The claims such as those in the Metro article are false. If you check the original story at Space Weather [the source of the quotes], there is no mention of a mini ice age, nor is there any mention of consequences for weather and climate at Earth’s surface.

To emphasize, the cooling effects we are seeing in Earth’s thermosphere are a result of the current solar minimum conditions. The thermosphere is the layer of Earth’s atmosphere beginning 65 miles above Earth’s surface and is highly sensitive to solar activity. There is no relationship between the natural cycle of cooling and warming in the thermosphere and the weather/climate at Earth’s surface. NASA and other climate researchers continue to see a warming trend in the troposphere, the layer of atmosphere closest to Earth’s surface. There is no inconsistency between the science findings of a warming troposphere [where we live] and the Thermosphere Climate Index described above in the Space Weather article.

Here's what another researcher says on the same topic:

Georg Feulner, Senior Scientist, Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK):
    [This comment taken from an evaluation of a similar statement.]
    While regional and seasonal effects might be larger, the expected global temperature response to a future grand solar minimum similar to the Maunder Minimum is a cooling of about 0.1°C. It should be pointed out that this cooling would occur on the background of current anthropogenic warming which is about a factor of 10 larger. To claim that “temperatures will fall dramatically” is thus not really justified. It is also clear from these numbers that a future grand solar minimum (which would last only for a few decades anyway) would not save us from global warming, as we have shown in a scientific paper and explained here. The marginal temperature differences between warming scenarios with and without a future Maunder Minimum is illustrated here:

Figure – Rise of global temperature for two different emission scenarios (A1B, red, and A2, magenta). The dashed lines show the slightly reduced warming in case a Maunder-like solar minimum should occur during the 21st century. The blue line represents global temperature data. Source: PIK.
    [Read more about how the claim propagated online: False claims of a coming ice age spread through
    Deb

7. Likes Iceaxe, rockgremlin liked this post
    ^^^In the interest of objectivity, I'll admit I bit without double-checking the source. Looked pretty legit.

But this is just another example of why the original creator of this thread "...doesn't know what to believe" anymore. There is so much noise out there parading as truth, and much of it is well disguised.

To be fair.....biting on false information is pretty common these days.... <cough,cough> Jussie Smollet <cough,cough>

Oh No... a "Bomb Cyclone"

Notice how the church of climate change uses new scary terms for things that have always been happening in order to sell the agenda.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/13/us/wi...wxc/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe View Post

Notice how the church of climate change uses new scary terms for things that have always been happening in order to sell the agenda.

UH huh. So this "Bombogenesis" is man's fault?

This remarkably cold weather system is the result of........Global Warming.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavis View Post
    I've learned to check these claims, because they are invariably false.
    This is precisely why I never comment on these things and I never post up graphs or charts. Bullshit covered with bullshit abounds.

I'll make my observations by looking out the window. Their chicken little predictions wore thin a long time ago.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

It's a friggin' blizzard. They're all just a bunch of attention whores.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

Oof

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

He can be annoying sometimes with his constant cutaways and overdramatic style, and you have to take what he says with a grain of salt sometimes but much of what he says makes a lot of sense and really resonates with me because I am a natural born skeptic.

I question almost everything, and I really distrust anything that can be influenced by money or power -- and the Global Warming I mean Climate Change argument that is very much driven by both. I can go out on the internets right now and find a dozen reputed, respectable "scientists" who claim that Global Warming I mean Climate Change is legit -- and an equal amount who claim otherwise.

How much money did Al Gore make from his "Inconvenient Truth?" -- A turd of a movie that has been proven false now in so many ways.
    You’ll find 97 percent of scientist claiming it’s happening, and 3 percent on the denial side, definently spread half and half.....

Also there seems to be a lot of money and power on the side of inaction and denial, all to benefit the major corporations of the world, particularly the oil industry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EricBTTA View Post
    You’ll find 97 percent of scientist claiming it’s happening, and 3 percent on the denial side, definently spread half and half.....
    The argument is not over if the climate is changing, as I think just about everyone agrees it's continually changing...

The argument is over how much man is responsible for the change and to what percentage.

And welcome to Bogley.

Quote Originally Posted by EricBTTA View Post
    You’ll find 97 percent of scientist claiming it’s happening, and 3 percent on the denial side
    This statistic has been proven to be wildly misleading, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    This statistic has been proven to be wildly misleading, unfortunately.
    Word. I dredged up a YouTube video about the origins of the infamous 97%. Just a few days ago in fact.

Here I'll post it again:

Last edited by rockgremlin; 03-13-2019 at 05:09 PM.

18. Likes BasinCruiser, oldno7 liked this post
    guy jumps head first into bogley with proven fake news

nice
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

Hotter 'n Hell here in Denver today...

Name:  IMG_0408.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  94.3 KB
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

21. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by oldno7 View Post
    guy jumps head first into bogley with proven fake news

nice
    He'll fit in great....

23. Likes twotimer, rockgremlin, jdn1221 liked this post
    He'll fit in great....

I was thinking maybe even a Spartacus moment....
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Who Is John Galt?

If the climate is really in trouble, why aren't the believers prepping for it?

No Climate Change Doomsday preppers.

Strange.

26. Likes EricBTTA liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    If the climate is really in trouble, why aren't the believers prepping for it?

No Climate Change Doomsday preppers.

Strange.
    I've actually put this question to my "we're screwed" friends...I can't get a straight answer. They drive cars and trucks, have more kids, fly on jets, buy nice toys, throw more logs on the fire.

My best assessment is it's truly like a religion...kinda like how many Christians are really ready for the Tribulation, yet they still fervently believe.

Funny how they point fingers at people like you and me saying "denier", when it's occurred to me that it's actually THEM that are the deniers. Kinda like those that simply refuse to believe that Micheal Jackson was a pedophile. They've got "the truth" as they see it locked into their brains.

I think these people, instead of having tunnel vision for charts and graphs, should travel around a bit more...y'know? Look out the friggin' window.
    It all goes slo-mo
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?