Thread: Obama Commutes Bulk of Chelsea Manning’s Sentence

Obama Commutes Bulk of Chelsea Manning’s Sentence

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/obama-commutes-bulk-of-chelsea-manning%E2%80%99s-sentence/ar-AAlXtr5?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

I guess treason is just not that big a deal anymore.

The funny part is Obama pardoning Manning for leaking secrets to Wikileaks.... while bitching at Putin for leaking secrets to Wikileaks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Manning must have something on Potus or his pals...

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I'm just appalled. Typical liberal democrats.. whine about Wikileaks, then free the treasonous bastard that fed Wikileaks all the information they're complaining about!

I have money down that says Obama will pardon Bowe Berghdal before his last day!
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

I would like to see Snowden pardoned. I would also like to see him (instead of Biden) receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Pretty strange honestly. Only thing I can think is that Obama has a strange sense of humor and wanted to see Assange backtrack off of his promise. Or maybe to see the GOP suddenly not like wiki leaks after using it so well to help trump win. Either way, I can't say I agree with it.

So, as a condition of release, Chelsea Manning now goes to work for the Democratic Party???? Just sayin'...
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    Or maybe to see the GOP suddenly not like wiki leaks after using it so well to help trump win..
    If you're going to bring game, bring something other then that week snowflake crap....

The GOP has always maintained hacking and leaking personal or secure information to anyone, including Wiki Leaks, is wrong. The GOP also understands that they might have ended up on the correct side of the leak this time, but it probably will not happen next time. Which is the main reason Trump has placed improving electronic security near the top of his to-do list.

Perhaps a better question would be..... Obama has known we were getting hacked by the Russians, Chinese, North Koreans, Iranians, and others for years. Why didn't he do something about it when he had the chance?

It's also kind of hard to blame John Podesta's stupidity on the GOP/Putin/Russians/WikiLeaks/Assange. His computer password was "password", how dumb can you be?

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo View Post
    I would like to see Snowden pardoned. I would also like to see him (instead of Biden) receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
    Personally, I'd like to see one put on the neck of whoever hacked the DNC. That person(s) did us all a great favor, as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not familiar enough with the deep details of Snowden to cast judgement one way or another. I wouldn't bother to see Stones movie and whatever is written about what he did likely is twisted one way or another, but I will say this...Charles Krauthammer, who I respect very much, says both Snowden and Manning are pure scum.
    Suddenly my feet are feet of mud
    It all goes slo-mo
    I don't know why I am crying
    Am I suspended in Gaffa?

10. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    Stones movie elevates Snowden to near mythical God like status. Now you can thank me for saving you 90 minutes of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by twotimer View Post
    Personally, I'd like to see one put on the neck of whoever hacked the DNC. That person(s) did us all a great favor, as far as I'm concerned.
    Yeah, I just can't be upset when the voters are more informed about their candidates.

Also, the content from the a leaked emails is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    Also, the content from the a leaked emails is true.
    As far as I'm concerned the only thing the leaks did was pull the curtain back so you could see the inter workings of the DNC. I'm under no illusion that the GOP is any better. But best I can tell both the DNC and GOP elites hated Trump so I'm good with that.

14. Likes Sandstone Addiction liked this post
    This is from memory so I might be mistaken. Chelsea was the source of a leaked video showing the aerial gunning down of a media team, and this was the file that made that leak famous.

The oath of service swears to perform lawful orders. To participate in the continued coverup of illegal operations is not a lawful order. I think that for a small number of the files Manning leaked, the leak was proper and honorable. However, not the whole leak or most of the content.

Many think the Arab Spring was a result of the diplomatic cables leaked. I had high hopes for the Arab Spring initially, but the results have been largely more dictatorial.

Manning didn't get a pardon, just a commutation. The guilty verdict for the leak still applies. Treason was never charged. Aiding the enemy was the harshest charge and she was not found guilty on that charge.