Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Utah Football 2017

Not a good start...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Utah Football 2017

Yewts getting smoked. It’s all over with 5 left in the 3rd. 3rd straight loss coming up.

Ute's go 4-3.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

That was without a doubt the worst Utes game I've ever attended. Utah sucked, the officiating sucked, and the fans sucked. At one point the guy next to me was screaming death threats at the refs.

Where did this come from anyway? We creamed the Sun Devils in Tempe last year. What happened? Do the Utes just suck this year, or what?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Utah Football 2017

Utah was enjoying mediocrity with Williams. Heck, he was 1 yard short of beating USC on the road.

Huntley comes back all rusty and throws 4 balls to the other team.

Regardless of the refs and ANY calls that they made, the Utes lose this game. Curious which calls the fans went irate about?

I watched several replays on TV and the refs got them all correct. Maybe they missed a PI or two, but it wouldn’t have changed the outcome.

They were especially pissed at the supposed targeting calls. Seemed a little bogus. They played the instant replay up on the big screen. Didn't look like targeting to me.

And although the refs wouldn't have changed the outcome, it was still very irritating. According to the refs, ASU played a flawless game and Utah played dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    They were especially pissed at the supposed targeting calls. Seemed a little bogus. They played the instant replay up on the big screen. Didn't look like targeting to me.

And although the refs wouldn't have changed the outcome, it was still very irritating. According to the refs, ASU played a flawless game and Utah played dirty.
    The FOX color guy pointed out that the targeting rules changed this year and leading with the helmet is now targeting, when last year it was crown of the helmet. I didn't see any bad calls by the refs.

Utah got beat like a red headed step child, pure and simple.

I think USC is in trouble. The Trojans play ASU next week in Tempe, and I think they're gonna get waxed.

Utah coach Kyle Whittingham expressed frustration with the ambiguity of the application of the rule meant to protect players from the most dangerous types of hits.

“The penalty is a mystery to me,” he said. “I’m still not sure how to coach it.”

Is this what it's like to be a BYU fan?

13. Likes gholt liked this post
    Let's not start taking moral victories.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Utah has to win 3 of the next 5 to become bowl eligible, and looking at the remaking schedule that is going to be tough to do.

The PAC 12 is a tough place to make a living.

Utah Football 2017

From the weekly press conference today.

Reporter: “Kyle, on Saturday some of the ASU players said that everything they ran in practice (at least defensively) to prepare for you. They kinda knew, which helped them pick off Tyler Huntley a little bit. Is that play calling? Is that maybe Tyler not seeing the right way? Or how do you fix something like that?

Coach Whittingham: “We gotta do a better job at not having tendencies... There are some things that are tendencies of ours that we’ve got to get corrected and you saw that...[the defender] ran to the screen area before our receiver did...and so there are definitely some things that we’ve got to address. Most definitely.”

Who wins this week?

Does Utah get the W at Oregon?

Could go either way. I could see a win hungry Utah beating Oregon, but I could also see a win hungry Oregon handing the Utes their fourth loss.

I'm leaning towards Utah for a close win over Oregon.

Utah 30

Oregon 28

Utah 20

Quack 17

I'm sure Carrington wants to show up his old team, so I expect to see him at the top of his game today. And if Huntley can curb his insatiable urge to throw to the other team I think we'll have a good shot at winning. Our banged up DL is gonna have to show up too. Now that Justin Herbert is injured the Ducks are heavy on the ground game.

So far same old crap... can't get off the field on 3rd down and shit the bed in the red zone.