Thread: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Who has their tickets?

I was just talking to a guy at work and I am totally lost on what this movie actually is. I thought this was the next of 3 (which would be #8) that Disney is making. Instead it is like a 3.9 version? I was confused when I saw Darth Vader in the trailer. Who can explain all this?

He said they are also making a Han Solo Movie? I'm lost...

Anyway here are the trailers:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Because everyone knows the quickest way to make several hundred million bucks is to roll out another Star Wars movie...whether or not it makes any sense.

5. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    I watched the first one (with waasisname Harry Ford and curly-hair girly-wirly and R23PO) in 1977 and thought it was crap. Apparently some big bloke with l'accent de noir was his Dad.

Have they just made another version of it?

I won't rush out to see it.

The movie is Star Wars 3.5, rather than 8 (which is supposed to come out next year). It is supposed to take place between the time Anikin became Darth Vader and before Luke Skywalker appeared in Episode 4 (IV).

So in other words, the order that Star Wars has come out is:

4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3, 7, 3.5, and 8 will be next. Apparently Yoda was in charge of the order they came out in.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

8. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    I will continue to remain confused, but thanks!

(I'll stick with horror movies...the numbers are easier to understand)

10. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Name:  PGPgSzP.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  128.2 KB
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Blog Entries

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

I think if people go in thinking that it is a prequel, in the sense that it precedes the actual Star Wars story, you will be disappointed.

If you have your expectations set that it is a story set in the Star Wars universe, you will really really like it!

Basically it's the story about the rebels obtaining the plans for the Death Star (which is referenced in A New Hope).

You won't go in seeing the usual prologue scene at the beginning, you won't see Luke or that story line, you will see Vader, but again, this isn't a Star Wars prequel or sequel. Just another story to widen the Star Wars universe that you already know.

The battle scenes were very cool. It felt like Saving Private Ryan but without the blood. And I would dare say that this probably isn't a film for young kids (12 and younger maybe?). It's dark. But still very enjoyable.

I think the adults that came to love the original episodes will really like this one. Its Star Wars, but for adults.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

Yeah hearing it may not be for young kids. Some quotes from a friend on Facebook.

--

"My favorite 'Star Wars' movie -- and, in my opinion the best "Star Wars" movie to date -- is "The Empire Strikes Back." The darkness and sense of spirituality in that picture elevated "Star Wars" to iconic status. Watched "Rogue One" last night. It embraces the darkness with more edginess and a poetic consciousness of its place in the epic "Star Wars" storyline. It's a good, gritty war movie in a galaxy far, far away."

“It's more violent than any other "Star Wars" movie to-date, even "Sith." The violence works for the story...just be aware it is harder-hitting and more graphic.

“Not gory. Fast, loud and pronounced. Heavy gunfire, explosions and death scenes.”

"In the span of the "Star Wars" universe -- the 7 Episodes to date plus this movie which is not considered an "episode" -- I would place "Rogue One" in the third position with "Empire" and "New Hope" at Nos. 1 and 2, respectively."

14. Likes jman liked this post
    I just saw it. We arrived right before the movie began, so we thought it would be sold out (there is only one movie theater here and the first show is at 7). The blizzard, however seemed to keep most people home so the theater was just over 1/2 full.

It was a pretty good movie.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.