Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kimberly (Scott's wife)

Kimberly (Scott's wife)

I'm so sad.

Beautiful Kimberly's heart is deteriorating. It wasn't supposed to happen this soon.

Everyone loves beautiful Kimberly. Some fairly recent photos:

She looks so much younger than 44. We are going on 24 years of marriage now (we got married young).

Anyway, she has major heart surgery next month.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. Likes DiscGo liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

sorry to hear about that scott. i wish you all the best through it all.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Very sorry to hear that, wish you all well.
    I'm not Spartacus

It'll come back.

Professional Mangler of Grammar

Guns don't kill people--Static Ropes Do!!

Who Is John Galt?

So sorry to hear that Scott. We will keep you in our prayers.

On the plus side, y'all have seen more of the world in 24 years than most people in a lifetime.

Good luck. Hope things go well.

That super sucks, man. I am so sorry to hear that her health has gotten worse. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Thoughts and prayers for your wife and you and your kids.
    Life is Good

Sorry to hear this, Scott. Don't give up hope.

Thanks for all the support/comments. We had the consultation with the surgeon today. The surgery will be January 11.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Blog Entries
    If it's not insensitive to ask - what's the issue with her heart?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ●Canyoneering 'Canyon Conditions' @ www.candition.com
    ●Hiking Treks (my younger brother's website): hiking guides @ www.thetrekplanner.com
    "He who walks on the edge...will eventually fall."
    "There are two ways to die in the desert - dehydration and drowning." -overhearing a Park Ranger at Capitol Reef N.P.
    "...the first law of gear-dynamics: gear is like a gas - it will expand to fit the available space." -Wortman, Outside magazine.
    "SEND IT, BRO!!"

If it's not insensitive to ask - what's the issue with her heart?
    The aortic valve is thickening and deteriorating. Valves are leaky. The strain on the heart is causing the heart to work overtime and enlarge. The aortic orifice is to be enlarged and titanium valves are to replace the aortic valve.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    The aortic valve is thickening and deteriorating. Valves are leaky. The strain on the heart is causing the heart to work overtime and enlarge. The aortic orifice is to be enlarged and titanium valves are to replace the aortic valve.
    This condition could lead to an eventual heart attack couldn't it?

So, serious question...what's the first thing Kimberly is planning to do after her full recovery?

16. Likes DiscGo liked this post
    This condition could lead to an eventual heart attack couldn't it?
    Yes.

So, serious question...what's the first thing Kimberly is planning to do after her full recovery?
    Maybe Jamaica. We had a trip planned and I was going to cancel it, but she still wants to go. We'll see I guess.

There have been some difficult times, a lot of pain and challenges, but overall, things are going well.

Here is beautiful Kimberly, always with a good positive attitude just before being wheeled into surgery. She was still smiling and making faces and said she wasn't nervous at all (which is more than could be said for me):

Here is superhero Kimberly after the surgery (and still smiling and positive!):

She is looking better and better and beautiful as always. She is now officially Bionic Woman with a partially titanium heart.

that's great news! i wish her a speedy recovery and long-lasting well-being!

bionic woman!

20. Likes Scott P liked this post
    Kimberly has a PhD in PMA that we could all learn from.

22. Likes Scott P liked this post
    A bit of pain at times, but doing well:

Someone tried to convince me once that pain is all in your head. I told him to go down to the burn unit at the local hospital and tell them all about how pain is just a fabrication of the mind.

No reply...

This is just an update. Beautiful Kimberly is doing well. We got home from the hospital late Tuesday night. The next couple months will be challenging, but under the circumstances she is doing well and the outlook is excellent.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum