Thread: GFBD is TOMORROW

GFBD is TOMORROW

Yep... Global Fat Bike Day is tomorrow, 12/3/16. It's a real thing. There are several local places tomorrow that have rides going on, as well as sites around the world - Google it for your area. For those in the SLC area there is a ride scheduled for 8:00 am at the Little Valley Trailhead in Corner Canyon. It may be a good opportunity to get a look at the Fatbike community.

Axe - If you are interested I will throw in my spare fatty... PM'd you the number.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'm out tomorrow as I already have other plans. But I just saw your PM and I'd love to take a fat bike for a spin in the near future to see how I like it. Thanks.

i'm second guessing the ride myself - just saw the news and it's only supposd to be 19 degrees in the am!

Quote Originally Posted by double moo View Post
    i'm second guessing the ride myself - just saw the news and it's only supposd to be 19 degrees in the am!
    Early morning ride....in Salt Lake City....in December...

Who planned this thing?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    Early morning ride....in Salt Lake City....in December...

Who planned this thing?
    It's for fatbikes... preferably on snow covered trails. So yeah... I'd expect it to be cold, just didn't plan on 19.

So.I went anyway - turned out to be 25 degrees at start time, which wasn't too bad. I rode with the group of 20+ riders for the first 1/2 mile. Once the trail split at the Tater tunnel the group headed up Ann's, I headed down to Coyote then up Canyon Hollow - I'm just not a group ride guy, would rather spin at my own.pace than speed up or slow down to stay in the group. I ran into the group where Brocks turns off Canyon... Much further up that I expected. Either they stopped and talked too much, or weren't as fast as they started out. I headed down Ann's and through the tunnel with the group nowhere in sight on the Tater side. Maybe they stopped for brewskis and donughts while I pedaled in the cold solo. Still a good ride and the temps were not bad.

No fanfare for GFBD... just get in line and pedal. Strippers would have made it better... I'll have to be in charge next year.

Strippers and beer turn every day into a fun day

fat ride in the morning?

I'm free. I sent you a text at the number you left me a couple days ago.

Just like making love to a fat chick. It's a lot of fun, it's just everything happens a little slower... hahaha...

11. Likes accadacca liked this post
    I also showed up at Little Valley for GFBD. My buddy and I took off a few minutes in front of the group though as I needed to get home earlier. We met the group at the corral at the top of Ann's then the two of us went down Rush and, I think, the group went down Clark's instead as we ran into them down lower. Nice ride and the conditions were awesome!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Are we there yet?

GoPro footage:

Are we there yet?

Which handwarmers are you using? Pros and cons? Thinking of pcking up a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by double moo View Post
    Which handwarmers are you using? Pros and cons? Thinking of pcking up a pair.
    Bar MItts brand. I've been happy with them. I went with the XL size and have found them to be a bit too big. Go with Large. Cool thing about them is I only have to ride with my normal long fingered mtn. bike gloves. My hands have been warm for the most part although last Saturday, starting out the ride at 22 degrees, I did put on an outer glove liner over the top. After a couple miles of pedaling up Ann's trail, my hands had warmed up enough that I took them off.
    Are we there yet?

I haven't really found any cons yet. I've heard others say you can't get your hands out quick enough to catch yourself in a fall, wipe your nose, grab your water bottle or whatever. I haven't found any of those to be the case, though.
    Are we there yet?

Thanks.. Bar Mitts is the brand I've been looking at.