Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Netflix Recommendation: Black Mirror

Netflix Recommendation: Black Mirror

If you haven't seen or heard of the Netflix anthology series Black Mirror, you're in for a treat. There's three short seasons. As soon as you've watched one episode you're pretty much hooked.

Every episode is a brilliant combination of drama and tension, and they key on some very sensitive topics that are designed to make you uneasy. Superb acting together with very clever writing, it's easy to see why Rotten Tomatoes gave this British series a 96%.

Give it a try, if you don't like it you can go back to your Trailer Park Boys, or Kimmy Schmidt.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

S3E3 Shut up and Dance - watch it. And then pick your jaw up off the floor. Unbelievable.

Been a long time since I've seen a show this good come around.

Is this the series where they had an episode where the eyes recorded everything and the guy ruined his marriage playing back through her interactions with another guy? That was a disturbing take on the future of social media and reality. Still remember it and I watched it like a year ago.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

5. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    I tried to watch the first episode (the episode were people rate each other on their phones). I made it about halfway through and I couldn't take it anymore and hit the off switch.

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc View Post
    Is this the series where they had an episode where the eyes recorded everything and the guy ruined his marriage playing back through her interactions with another guy? That was a disturbing take on the future of social media and reality. Still remember it and I watched it like a year ago.
    Yes. That's the whole point of the series...it's intended to make the viewer uneasy and squeamish at times. It's a commentary on how depraved and sadistic the masses can be, and it's not too far off the mark.

Ice - you watched S3E1. Go back and watch S1E1, it's really good. Short summary is the British PM's daughter is kidnapped and held ransom...but not for money. I'll let you discover what for.

This show is disturbing on so many levels, the idiot who ruined his marriage after looking back through his memories.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gholt View Post
    This show is disturbing on so many levels, the idiot who ruined his marriage after looking back through his memories.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Exactly. That's why I love it. It's definitely not for the faint of heart.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

OMG the new season is on point.

The "crocodile" episode is amazing.

Yeah, this season is really good so far. I think I am through 4 episodes. I thought the best 2 were USS Callister and Arkangel. It's Black Mirror so it takes it to an extreme, but what if you could get a similar implant in your kids without the eye and censoring stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by uintafly View Post
    Yeah, this season is really good so far. I think I am through 4 episodes. I thought the best 2 were USS Callister and Arkangel. It's Black Mirror so it takes it to an extreme, but what if you could get a similar implant in your kids without the eye and censoring stuff?

That episode also made me think there's gotta be a privacy clause worked in there somewhere. Otherwise the parents could have a front row seat to EVERYTHING in their child's lives...including honeymoon activities, banking account information, intimate alone time, where the remote control got hid, etc, etc...

Definitely some very compelling, thought provoking material is brought up in this show. And one of the reasons I find it especially intriguing is because all of these futuristic scenarios could actually come to pass. It's plausible that any one of these scenarios could actually exist in the future.

Alright I'll give it a try, thanks for the suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech View Post
    I'm hooked.
    I'm jealous. Wish I could go back and watch them all again for the first time.

Did you start at season 1?

Its really good. I actually just finished the Crown Season 2. I think there is no reason for me to be interested in a period piece about the Royals but it's seriously awesome. Season 1 was good, Season 2 blew up. I think that Season was as good as any Netflix original they've ever done.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate View Post
    Its really good. I actually just finished the Crown Season 2. I think there is no reason for me to be interested in a period piece about the Royals but it's seriously awesome. Season 1 was good, Season 2 blew up. I think that Season was as good as any Netflix original they've ever done.
    +1. The Crown is really, really good.
    Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    I'm jealous. Wish I could go back and watch them all again for the first time.

Did you start at season 1?
    Yeah, got 'em all on my Google Drive so I can watch them anywhere, like work lol

19. Likes rockgremlin liked this post
    Finished the new season of Black Mirror last night. That last Black Museum episode was amazing.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Anyone on Altered Carbon?

I'm back forth with it. Although Kristin Ortega is in the ex-girlfriends wheelhouse. I love me some Latina booty

22. Likes double moo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    +1. The Crown is really, really good.
    +2

Very much agree. I started watching The Crown based on the recommendations here, and I've binge watched all the way through the first season and half way through the second. It is outstanding. The writing, acting, and cinematography are all top notch. I agree with Dirk - it very well might be the best show Netflix has ever done. I didn't think I'd say that about a stuffy British drama, but it's just too good to claim otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin View Post
    +2

Very much agree. I started watching The Crown based on the recommendations here, and I've binge watched all the way through the first season and half way through the second. It is outstanding. The writing, acting, and cinematography are all top notch. I agree with Dirk - it very well might be the best show Netflix has ever done. I didn't think I'd say that about a stuffy British drama, but it's just too good to claim otherwise.
    If you've liked "The Crown", you'll probably like "Victoria" as well on PBS. They are quite similar and Jenna Coleman is as cute as a button!
    Are we there yet?